PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Park

westcoast54
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
What on earth has happened in Iowa Park??? Here the natives are getting very restless.

BILLYFRED0000
09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Thats a good question. I would like to know the answer to that one myself.

Cameron Crazy
09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
They lost alot of people to graduation.

GreenMonster
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Natives are getting restless. Too bad they weren't restless this summer when those kids should have been working out and getting ready to play. There are a bunch of average Joe's running around IPHS that could be pretty solid if they worked at it. It's too bad that Mom and Dad only see future D1's walking those halls. So now the kids believe the crap Mom and Dad have been feeding them about how good they are and feel like they don't need to put in any extra time since they are already top prospects. Mom and Dad in turn blame Coach for "having a bad system" and "not having those kids ready to play" and any other junk they can dream up. I guess I simply choose to live in the real world and not in some altered reality that I have dreamed up. I promise you that Coach Ellis knows what he has to work with and that is exactly why he chose to change his offense to the Single Wing. The Single Wing allows him to have even more deception and an even better chance of tricking the defense. If you can't whip 'em, trick 'em.

BILLYFRED0000
09-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Natives are getting restless. Too bad they weren't restless this summer when those kids should have been working out and getting ready to play. There are a bunch of average Joe's running around IPHS that could be pretty solid if they worked at it. It's too bad that Mom and Dad only see future D1's walking those halls. So now the kids believe the crap Mom and Dad have been feeding them about how good they are and feel like they don't need to put in any extra time since they are already top prospects. Mom and Dad in turn blame Coach for "having a bad system" and "not having those kids ready to play" and any other junk they can dream up. I guess I simply choose to live in the real world and not in some altered reality that I have dreamed up. I promise you that Coach Ellis knows what he has to work with and that is exactly why he chose to change his offense to the Single Wing. The Single Wing allows him to have even more deception and an even better chance of tricking the defense. If you can't whip 'em, trick 'em.

That is kinda what I thought but I wanted to hear someone who knew say it. Tough year for Coach Ellis. Too bad parents know more about football than the coach does.

3afan
09-12-2007, 06:40 AM
when I was a Jr or Sr at Cove we scrimmaged IP at TSU in Stephenville ... not that thats relevant or anything :cool:

VWG
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
8th grade A team for IP (now freshman) won one game last year if I am not mistaken. Future isn't too bright in Iowa Park.

3afan
09-12-2007, 08:10 AM
its really hard to judge how a varsity will be in the future based on the performance of the MS teams .... so much can change

hawkfan
09-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
That is kinda what I thought but I wanted to hear someone who knew say it. Tough year for Coach Ellis. Too bad parents know more about football than the coach does.

It is is shame. Coach Ellis is the reason why I chose a profession where I am overworked, underpaid, and underappeciated.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
It is is shame. Coach Ellis is the reason why I chose a profession where I am overworked, underpaid, and underappeciated.

Which would be......?

Macarthur
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by VWG
8th grade A team for IP (now freshman) won one game last year if I am not mistaken. Future isn't too bright in Iowa Park.

Actually, I heard that IP had a young class that was awsome; Don't remember which grade.

GreenMonster

GM, I've been hearing these types of things for some time about IP. Since, I grew up there, it's hard for me because I don't have much of a frame of reference as far as other towns, but IP really seems to be a town that unrealistic expectations. Plus, they don't associate the work required to that expected outcome if you follow my meaning.

PlayaJBiehl20
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

I feel for IP and Ellis, and i have a feeling i know who you are talking about , where have you been GreenMonster.

hawkfan
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Which would be......?

A teacher and a football coach.

Odis
09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Sometimes it's jimmys and joes and not x's and o's!

'Ol Odis heard the best freshman is now over at Rider HS in WF.

And lastly let's not forget that City View is having an effect, even if its only 4-5 kids that would have played football. Many of the best players in IP history have been from City View.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
A teacher and a football coach.

That's what I was guessing.:D

Macarthur
09-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Odis
Many of the best players in IP history have been from City View. [/B]

Huh?

westcoast54
09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
I had always thought IP had alot of hard working kids and that's why they have been so successful. Sure they had a couple here and there that were studs but for the most part, just a bunch of average kids who WORKED REALLY HARD and that made them successful.

VWG
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I think what has hurt IP is a lack of a good QB. Swenson was awesome, and this past year and now they haven't found a "real QB".
Without a doubt, IP has players that work hard and get after it, but without a good QB to lead that offense they will struggle. I don't care if they are running the spread, wing-T, single wing, whatever... they need a leader under center with skills.

BILLYFRED0000
09-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Actually, I heard that IP had a young class that was awsome; Don't remember which grade.

GM, I've been hearing these types of things for some time about IP. Since, I grew up there, it's hard for me because I don't have much of a frame of reference as far as other towns, but IP really seems to be a town that unrealistic expectations. Plus, they don't associate the work required to that expected outcome if you follow my meaning.

Well I certainly do. Celina has a big 7 on 7 squad and you see kids in the weight room and playing football all year round. They just never stop playing. They like to win and hate to lose. When they do lose it just sticks in their craw and they work that much harder. Sounds crazy but the kids get it. The parents of some of the kids try to help and get them extra coaching and preparation but a lot of it is the kids asking for it. When we do get a legit D1 athlete and we have one this year, it helps the other kids get a picture of Hey if I work hard enough maybe I can be too. I think that is what I like most. Bunch of hard working over acheivers.

Texasfootball2
09-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I certainly do. Celina has a big 7 on 7 squad and you see kids in the weight room and playing football all year round. They just never stop playing. They like to win and hate to lose. When they do lose it just sticks in their craw and they work that much harder. Sounds crazy but the kids get it. The parents of some of the kids try to help and get them extra coaching and preparation but a lot of it is the kids asking for it. When we do get a legit D1 athlete and we have one this year, it helps the other kids get a picture of Hey if I work hard enough maybe I can be too. I think that is what I like most. Bunch of hard working over acheivers.

Love your post BILLYFREDOOO, My son goes to Ab. Wylie and it sounds like Celina and Wylie have a lot in common. Hard work is contagous, and Wylie has made a living playing with a bunch of hard working over acheivers. Well said BILLY!

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Love your post BILLYFREDOOO, My son goes to Ab. Wylie and it sounds like Celina and Wylie have a lot in common. Hard work is contagous, and Wylie has made a living playing with a bunch of hard working over acheivers. Well said BILLY!
I would rather have a TEAM of hard working over-achievers than a group of D1-type "look at me" players. :thumbsup: