PDA

View Full Version : Cuero / Bandera

CueroDad2006
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I got this one Cuero by 28

Anyone care to agree?

DU_stud04
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
ive got gilmer by 50. another good week of football for them this weekend. :thumbsup:

:D

sotex
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Don't be so modest. This one will be as bad last week's Cuero game if not worse. Bandera has a new coach, new system, and no spark. It could very easily be 70-0.

CueroDad2006
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ive got gilmer by 50. another good week of football for them this weekend. :thumbsup:

:D

Gilmer can put up 70 each week,untill the first round of playoffs,then its one and done again........

DU_stud04
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Gilmer can put up 70 each week,untill the first round of playoffs,then its one and done again........ burn. hahahaha

seriously now, ive got cuero by 4tds as well, i know nothing on bandera though, so ill stick with my close pick. :D

buff4life
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Cuero is just awesome...GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.....:D :D :D

Footballhudini
09-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Cuero's good... until they get gobbled up by some team from up north :D

Hill Man
09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Next week @ Liberty Hill

Never bring a bird to a cat fight.....

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Better bring a bigger cat...scoreboard '05 & '06

Buckeye80
09-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Gilmer can put up 70 each week,untill the first round of playoffs,then its one and done again........

Oh Jeez! I don't think Forney or Everman ever had it this bad. People (especially from South Texas) just love to hate us. Why all the animosity toward a team you've never seen play?:confused:
Is Gilmer stealing your Gobbler thunder simply by existing?
02- Lost in 1st round to State Semi-finalist Daingerfield
03- Lost in 4th round to State Champion Atlanta
04- Won DII State Championship
05- Lost in 2nd round to Canton (Who lost to eventual champion Tatum in the 4th round)
06- Lost in 1st round to State Champion Liberty-Eylau

So in the past five years, when we lost twice in the first round, is it in the realm of possibility that it's because we actually "play somebody" before the 4th round of the playoffs? Reg II has had a State Champion four of the last six years.
Suddenly, I find myself rooting against Gonzales. I hope they go winless in district.

Gobbler Fan
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
:bigcry: why cant we "play somebody" before rnd 4 lol :rolleyes:

Phil C
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Cuero should win a close one. Remember Bandera won the state championship in division 2 a few years ago.

29-3aFAN
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Cuero should win a close one. Remember Bandera won the state championship in division 2 a few years ago.
Those kids are still playing for Bandera? Cuero by 30+

JT44
09-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Oh Jeez! I don't think Forney or Everman ever had it this bad. People (especially from South Texas) just love to hate us. Why all the animosity toward a team you've never seen play?:confused:
Suddenly, I find myself rooting against Gonzales. I hope they go winless in district.

One person from Cuero doesn't mean that everyone from south TX loves to hate Gilmer, thats especially true in Cuero where the only thing that matters is getting the chance to play for a title and worry about who it is once we are there.

I think Gilmer may have a complex about wanting to be the one everyone hates. Cuero's had that tag as long as I can remember. Please, be that team, while we just go along with our pursuit of an 11th trip to the title game.

JT44
09-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Now can we get back to the game at hand this friday........
any thoughts on the bandera bulldogs, where's their posters at?

crabman
09-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Darryl Dawkins is no longer the Human Highlight Film. That distinction now belongs to the Downlow's own gobbler84, Kaeron Johnson. I am trying to get my hands on a couple of his plays from this year and upload them to YouTube. He has been pretty awesome so far. Texas Tech knows what they are doing going after him to play tight end.

We were talking the other day. Tyler Arndt is 21 of 27 passing. The six incompletions were, I think, overthrows. No pass that has been touched by a receiver has been dropped or imcomplete in the last two games.

Highschoolfan78
09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
Next week @ Liberty Hill

Never bring a bird to a cat fight.....

We're not only bringin a "bird"... we're bringin a manged coyote.. What does your cat in a hat say to that?

bulldogman06
09-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by JT44
Now can we get back to the game at hand this friday........
any thoughts on the bandera bulldogs, where's their posters at?

Im here, its just kinda hard to watch the games from college station. we have a new defensive oriented coach, and a foreign system. im not ruling us out this year, just saying we will need some time before i will run my mouth off to teams like cuero. good luck, and i just hope nobody gets hurt. my little bro messed up his knee and wont be playin for a bit more, id hate to see anyone else go down

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Darryl Dawkins is no longer the Human Highlight Film. That distinction now belongs to the Downlow's own gobbler84, Kaeron Johnson. I am trying to get my hands on a couple of his plays from this year and upload them to YouTube. He has been pretty awesome so far. Texas Tech knows what they are doing going after him to play tight end.

We were talking the other day. Tyler Arndt is 21 of 27 passing. The six incompletions were, I think, overthrows. No pass that has been touched by a receiver has been dropped or imcomplete in the last two games.

yo crabman, at www.myvictoriaonline.com or whatever site it is... they had highlights of the Sinton game and one was of that big kid they call KJ hauling butt into the endzome for his first TD of the year...

I am very glad to see Arndt doing so well, it's a big boost to everyone...

And I know we haven't played the toughest of team yet, but at this time last year we didn't have three RB's over 100 yards with one right on 200 (and sure as hell wouldn't have expected the 200 outta Hargrove)... another is at 75 and he's just as good...

we have a ways to go, mostly experience-wise, but this team is sounding pretty dangerous...

it's awesome

Gobbla2001
09-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
02- Lost in 1st round to State Semi-finalist Daingerfield
03- Lost in 4th round to State Champion Atlanta
04- Won DII State Championship
05- Lost in 2nd round to Canton (Who lost to eventual champion Tatum in the 4th round)
06- Lost in 1st round to State Champion Liberty-Eylau

So in the past five years, when we lost twice in the first round, is it in the realm of possibility that it's because we actually "play somebody" before the 4th round of the playoffs? Reg II has had a State Champion four of the last six years.

some people are butts... and when you have more Cuero fans on the downlow than Austin has homeless people, you're gunna run into a few butts...

Gilmer's season last year, mixed with all of the hype etc... just isn't gunna drop from people's minds... unfortuantly some people are gunna rub it in... but they have to realize just who Gilmer lost to... the freakin' Champs...

JT44
09-13-2007, 06:47 AM
kayron has been rumblin' down that field and gaining a lot of yards after the catch. He's catching the ball a lot better too! Last year the tight end position didn't get many touches

GreenMachine
09-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I, myself, am very impressed with the Gobblers this season. Tyler is playing super and Quincy and KJ do IMPRESS!! The offense and defensive lines are solid as are the lb's and defensive backs. We have speed again, with a stable of running backs and wide receivers. I know a lot of players play both sides of the ball, but there are a lot of substitutions, so they get their breaks. I am excited about the season and look forward to another playoff run. Oh, my prediction for the game is Cuero 28 Bandera 7.:thumbsup:

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I, myself, am very impressed with the Gobblers this season. Tyler is playing super and Quincy and KJ do IMPRESS!! The offense and defensive lines are solid as are the lb's and defensive backs. We have speed again, with a stable of running backs and wide receivers. I know a lot of players play both sides of the ball, but there are a lot of substitutions, so they get their breaks. I am excited about the season and look forward to another playoff run. Oh, my prediction for the game is Cuero 28 Bandera 7.:thumbsup:

Glad to see you posting again Green Machine... I expect the stadium to full to capacity tomorrow night - lots of college kids coming in for this one....... Hope they are safe driving to town as well as the Bandera folks.. Looking forward to a good game!

GO MEAN GREEN :)

bandera7
09-13-2007, 09:35 PM
ok I am bulldogman06's little brother. I will be suting up this game finally. It will be great to just have pads on. But I most likely will not be playing. It is possible, but in all reality I will probably just sit on the sidelines and watch the game with pads on instead of with shorts and my jersey.
I have alot of respect for the Cuero players, last year they had all the class in the world.
I was hoping to play this game all pre-season. I like to play good teams, and there is no doubt that Cuero is good.
We are still experiencing some major growing pains in our new system on both sides of the ball. Not only have us players never done this, but Bander has never done anything like this ever. We have always run a passing offense. and now we are trying to go predominately run, as I am sure all of the players in cuero know due to film.
I am just excited to put pads on again. Knee is getting better all the time. I will see all of you Cuero posters tomorrow.

sweetwater07
09-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
some people are butts... and when you have more Cuero fans on the downlow than Austin has homeless people, you're gunna run into a few butts...

Gilmer's season last year, mixed with all of the hype etc... just isn't gunna drop from people's minds... unfortuantly some people are gunna rub it in... but they have to realize just who Gilmer lost to... the freakin' Champs...

Cuero has the majority of posters i thought

44INAROW
09-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by bandera7

I am just excited to put pads on again. Knee is getting better all the time. I will see all of you Cuero posters tomorrow.

good news - you're healing and get to suit up
bad news - you'll most likely be watching and not playing - but it's not worth aggrevating the injury by playing too early. HOpe you get back on the field in time for District play.

wannabgobbler08
09-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I got this one Cuero by 28

Anyone care to agree?
i agree!!

greenpride
09-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Gobblers - keep your mind on the task at hand this week.................Cuero 47 Bandera 12!