3 decent teams might miss the playoffs in this district

14-3A:

Van 2-0
Canton 2-0
Tyler Chapel Hill 2-0
Brownsboro 2-0
Athens 1-1
Bullard 1-1

All have decent wins over area teams (even bullard)

thoughts?

JR2004
09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I feel bad for whoever gets the D1 slot in that district.

charlesrixey
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

that's true

both D2 slots could be favorites in the first round

would any of them have a chance against Gilmer?

JR2004
09-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
that's true

both D2 slots could be favorites in the first round

would any of them have a chance against Gilmer?

Well they should win both D2 games because 13 is pretty bad this year.

I don't think anyone in that district would beat Gilmer in the playoffs (provided Gilmer makes it past Eylau this time around to even get to that point). Van might be the one to make the best game of it though with Calhoun.

Gsquared
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Seems as if Brownsboro might be the best team out of that district again this year. The Epperson kid is a stud.

icu812
09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Well they should win both D2 games because 13 is pretty bad this year.

I don't think anyone in that district would beat Gilmer in the playoffs (provided Gilmer makes it past Eylau this time around to even get to that point). Van might be the one to make the best game of it though with Calhoun.

Van will go D2. The only way Van goes D1 is if the 3 playoff teams are Bullard, Canton and Van. Very, Very slim chance that will happen.

I see Van & Chapel Hill being the two best teams. After that who knows. Chapel Hill will likely face LE or Gilmer in round 2. They lost to LE last year but played a pretty good game. Chapel Hill has some very good athletes every year. I see Van meeting Atlanta in Rd. 2. Brownsboro is still a question mark in my mind. I don't see how they could be near what they were last year after all the talent they graduated. I also hear their best rb may be done with an acl injury. Their middle LB is a stud though. We'll find out about Canton this week when they play Royce City. My gut feeling is they aren't that good and will get blown out. Athens beat a pretty good Mabank team. Good athletes but seem to not play well as a team. Bullard is getting better but they will likely be last.

One of the best districts in East Texas top to bottom. District 16 is just as good maybe a little better. We'll see come playoff time.

Darren
09-12-2007, 11:44 AM
How big is Athens?

I thought that they were 4a.....

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
3 decent teams might miss the playoffs in this district

14-3A:

Van 2-0
Canton 2-0
Tyler Chapel Hill 2-0
Brownsboro 2-0
Athens 1-1
Bullard 1-1

All have decent wins over area teams (even bullard)

thoughts?

Which one is the perennial power of these teams? Chapel Hill?

Texasfootball2
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Should either be Athens, Chapel Hill or Brownsboro

icu812
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Athens was 4A last realignment. Chapel Hill was also a 4A school several years back. I think they may have won a 4A title in the 90's?? Terrence Murphy went to Chapel Hill. No real perennial power in the district. Van and Chapel Hill have historically had the most success. Both are good football programs with a history of having good teams (Van won state in 1979 2A). Brownsboro is up and down but has been up recently and have near 4A numbers. Canton except for the past few years has always been terrible at football. Athens hasn't done well either in recent years, neither has Bullard.