PDA

View Full Version : my company is having a party on Friday

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
I got an email this afternoon that we are having a company-wide tailgate party this Friday, and they want everybody to wear jerseys from any sport that they choose, and they'll be giving prizes for the best (and the prizes are usually really sweet).

I'm trying to figure out which jersey to wear to give me the best chance at having what they deem "the best".

I'm thinking about wearing a hockey jersey because I know not many people have them, but I also am known around the office as a Tony Romo fan.

Or maybe I should do something completely different, I just can't decide...what do you guys think?

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Too bad you don't have a M. Vick jersey.:D

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2007, 03:42 PM
The Roy Williams jersey. :D

buff4life
09-11-2007, 03:44 PM
The Roy Williams Jersey would be the pimpest for sure...but deemed the best would probably be the retro...

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Too bad you don't have a M. Vick jersey.:D

lol...I came VERY close to buying one two years ago...that would have been hilarious!

I have several more that I didn't list, because I thought the ones I listed were the best...some of my others:

Tom Brady white Patriots jersey
Priest Holmes red Chiefs jersey
Brett Favre green Packers jersey
Kurt Warner blue Rams jersey
Hank Blalock white jersey shirt
Michael Young blue jersey shirt
Mark Teixeira grey jersey shirt
New York Yankees 1990s batting practice jersey

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Quincy Carter - hahahahahahaha :D

I'd wear the Romo or Morrow jersey

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:inlove: *swoon*

buff4life
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Idk only big time hall of famer is Brett Favre....i might pick him...

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
lol...I came VERY close to buying one two years ago...that would have been hilarious!

I have several more that I didn't list, because I thought the ones I listed were the best...some of my others:

Priest Holmes red Chiefs jersey
Brett Favre green Packers jersey
Kurt Warner blue Rams jersey
Hank Blalock white jersey shirt
Michael Young blue jersey shirt
Mark Teixeira grey jersey shirt
New York Yankees 1990s batting practice jersey

Damum

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Idk only big time hall of famer is Brett Favre....i might pick him... wear a Packers jersey in Dallas??? :eek: :eek: you are just asking to get your hind end beat down!!

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Quincy Carter - hahahahahahaha :D

I'd wear the Romo or Morrow jersey

lol...exactly the reaction that I was hoping for and the reason that I'm considering it...what makes it worse is that it's silver...the Cowboys never even wore a jersey like it!

it looks like this but with Carter's name and #

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_51000/FF_51857_s.jpg

Emerson1
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Find a North Stars jersey or wear the full attire for the 85 mavericks, shorts and all. A romo or any current jersey/player is unoriginal.

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:52 PM
lol...exactly the reaction that I was hoping for and the reason that I'm considering it...what makes it worse is that it's silver...the Cowboys never even wore a jersey like it!

it looks like this but with Carter's name and #

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_51000/FF_51857_s.jpg

I guess it depends what they are considering "the best". :thinking: I'm thinking you can't go wrong with the Carter jersey - that right there is just CLASSIC!! :clap:

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 03:53 PM
wear a Packers jersey in Dallas??? :eek: :eek: you are just asking to get your hind end beat down!!

no joke, it was the first jersey I ever bought...about 8 years ago probably...for some reason it was at Target on clearance for $10...why Target had it is beyond me, considering they've never sold replica jerseys...

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:54 PM
no joke, it was the first jersey I ever bought...about 8 years ago probably...for some reason it was at Target on clearance for $10...why Target had it is beyond me, considering they've never sold replica jerseys...

wow that's a steal - still that is a "no go"

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Find a North Stars jersey or wear the full attire for the 85 mavericks, shorts and all. A romo or any current jersey/player is unoriginal.

I wonder if my mom still has my Forney High School track uniform from 2002???

That thing had some short shorts!!!

Adidas410s
09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
The best jersey would definitely be one this:

http://www.nba.com/media/history/dal_uni_06.jpg

or this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2005-06/18124643.jpg

Out of your current collection though...I would say go with the Q-Car jersey for sure since it's original. Did they ever wear that one in a game?

Oh...can't forget about the Padres camo unis...always a nice look!

Adidas410s
09-11-2007, 04:00 PM
if you wanna drop a quick $125 + shipping...check out this link:

http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2287777

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
man, those grey mavs jerseys would be great too!

Adidas410s
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I wonder if they ever sold that jersey....

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wonder if they ever sold that jersey....

yeah...I was working at Oshman's (which is now Sports Authority) when the Mavs released them...they were full price for months, and then went on clearance just in time for playoffs and many bandwagon fans bought them up not realizing that they'd never be worn again.

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I can't believe you admit to having a Quincy Carter jersey. :eek: :D

buff4life
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
wear a Packers jersey in Dallas??? :eek: :eek: you are just asking to get your hind end beat down!!

he would be considered the best because he was the bravest lol

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I can't believe you admit to having a Quincy Carter jersey. :eek: :D

I was one of the few Q supporters while he was here...I always thought he got a bad rap on the field...I wasn't aware of the off-the-field stuff when I got it!

burnet44
09-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Tom Brady
had to go wrong with that
or
ASU Ram
or
Barry Bonds

Diocletian
09-11-2007, 07:31 PM
live in the now, you don't want to be that dork that everyone makes fun of who keeps talking about the 80's all the time

ROMO all the way!

http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3358756p275w.jpg

Leopards,class of 75
09-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Romo would be my pick!

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
live in the now, you don't want to be that dork that everyone makes fun of who keeps talking about the 80's all the time

ROMO all the way!

http://dsp.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p3358756p275w.jpg

I ordered it the very week that it was released...it's the one I wear most frequently!

clemsmarina
09-12-2007, 01:19 PM
You gotta find one of the "Ron Mexico" jersey's that Vick had.

Sweetwater Red
09-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Personally I think you should by and wear this one.

https://www.detroitlionsstore.com/product.cfm?store_id=2&product_id=37

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Personally I think you should by and wear this one.

https://www.detroitlionsstore.com/product.cfm?store_id=2&product_id=37

I don't own that one...:p

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
For those of you who are wondering, I went with Romo, who was leading the poll. I am also wearing a Texas Rangers hat, and a Dallas Stars flashing necklace that they gave out during the playoffs last year!

DU_stud04
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
hakeem olajuwon jersey from the dream team :D

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 09:45 AM
For those of you who are wondering, I went with Romo, who was leading the poll. I am also wearing a Texas Rangers hat, and a Dallas Stars flashing necklace that they gave out during the playoffs last year! Let us know who/what wins "the best". How many other guys are wearing a Romo jersey?

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
bump when is the party?? i want results!!

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
I was the only one in a Romo jersey, and many people were impressed...the winners were from the operations department...they wore referee shirts and had yellow towels that they kept throwing.

There was another department who won "best participation" in which the entire department got matching T-shirts and jersey numbers made on the back. It was the accounting department, and the front of their jerseys said "Number Crunchers".

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I was the only one in a Romo jersey, and many people were impressed...the winners were from the operations department...they wore referee shirts and had yellow towels that they kept throwing.

There was another department who won "best participation" in which the entire department got matching T-shirts and jersey numbers made on the back. It was the accounting department, and the front of their jerseys said "Number Crunchers".

:nerd: :nerd:

I thought this was individual - what's with all these "teams" :(

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
:nerd: :nerd:

I thought this was individual - what's with all these "teams" :(

it was supposed to be two awards...one for best team participation and another for best individual...but apparently they liked two teams too much so named all of the referees individual winners since they were all wearing the exact same thing...pretty crappy in my book...

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
it was supposed to be two awards...one for best team participation and another for best individual...but apparently they liked two teams too much so named all of the referees individual winners since they were all wearing the exact same thing...pretty crappy in my book... well yeah - what did they win? and how are they gonna split it up if it was suppose to be an individual prize? :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
well yeah - what did they win? and how are they gonna split it up if it was suppose to be an individual prize? :thinking:

that's the other thing that frustrated a bunch of us...we were told all week that there would be good prizes, but were never told what they were...the winners were then told to go to the HR office and claim their prizes...they never told anybody what the prizes actually are...I hope they were crappy buy one get one free whataburger coupons or something like that...

3afan
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
:bigcry:

:D

goin' to McKinney tonight?

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
:bigcry:

:D

goin' to McKinney tonight?

I wish!

my wife has a big event this weekend (she's the events coordinator for the city she works for), so I'll be helping her all weekend long...I'm sneaking away Sunday at 3 to catch the Cowboys, but the rest of the weekend will be spent out at Lake Lewisville.

pirate4state
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
that's the other thing that frustrated a bunch of us...we were told all week that there would be good prizes, but were never told what they were...the winners were then told to go to the HR office and claim their prizes...they never told anybody what the prizes actually are...I hope they were crappy buy one get one free whataburger coupons or something like that...

:clap: LMAO!

I would protest! OR you need to go find out what prizes the winners were given and report back. :D

BobcatBenny
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
You should have dressed up like a Cowboys Cheerleader. I have read recently that cheerleading is a sport. :confused:

That would have dominated! With your cleavage and all! :D

crzyjournalist03
09-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
You should have dressed up like a Cowboys Cheerleader. I have read recently that cheerleading is a sport. :confused:

That would have dominated! With your cleavage and all! :D

like this?

http://files.blog-city.com/files/J05/139396/p/f/nyy11809252214.jpg

BobcatBenny
09-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah Baaabbbbyyyy!