PDA

View Full Version : move on? or not to move on?

Bull19
09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
thats the big question they were talking about on cnn regarding 9/11. is it time for america to move on? or not to move on?

im curious to read some of ya'lls opinions on the subject.

i personally cant imagine moving on from this and not having the cerimonies remembering the semptember 11th tragedy. it is such a big part of american and WORLD history. very hard to forget

CHS_CG
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Thats like telling americans to move on from Pearl Harbor.. how many people do you think have forgotten about that? I personally think both days should be a national holiday.

3afan
09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
.... I personally think both days should be a national holiday.

GOOD THOUGHT BUT NOT VERY PRACTICAL ...

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Touchy subject..but I will jump

Should the day be forgotten? Of course not..It is a tragic moment that affected all of us in someway or another. It is a true remember where your at moment in time

NOW in saying that...I DONT think it should be relived every year on this date. Remembering something and holding it dear in your heart and oversaturation is two different things.
Having quiet reflection inside your family is one thing..having every media outlet full blast for 24 hours about it EVERY year IMO dilutes the event and the meaning

I think at 5 Year, 10 Year and so on more coverage is great and expected..But if IMO every year we in essence stop the day all day, then the real meaning and emotion will be lost.

CHS_CG
09-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
GOOD THOUGHT BUT NOT VERY PRACTICAL ...

Thats why its just a thought

Old Tiger
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
move on.

If you make 9/11 a holiday you'll have to make the day the levy broke in loisiana a national holiday too and before long every day of the year will be some kind of holiday and that is absurd.

You can't live in the past. You have to move forward and create a better future.

Buckeye80
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Remember 9/11. Don't relive it.

BILLYFRED0000
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I think the media has gone out of its way to make sure that we do not remember it.
Dont show footage and dont do anything to drastic. You must remember with all the bitterness and loathing that you can because people claiming a religious dogma that they intend to dominate the world with did this to you to attempt to weaken you and convert more to their cause. The liberals and oldstream media don't want you to remember because it supports extravagant action against those groups who would continue this course of action against us.

buff4life
09-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Touchy subject..but I will jump

Should the day be forgotten? Of course not..It is a tragic moment that affected all of us in someway or another. It is a true remember where your at moment in time

NOW in saying that...I DONT think it should be relived every year on this date. Remembering something and holding it dear in your heart and oversaturation is two different things.
Having quiet reflection inside your family is one thing..having every media outlet full blast for 24 hours about it EVERY year IMO dilutes the event and the meaning

I think at 5 Year, 10 Year and so on more coverage is great and expected..But if IMO every year we in essence stop the day all day, then the real meaning and emotion will be lost.

you took the words right out of my mouth..

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I think the media has gone out of its way to make sure that we do not remember it.
Dont show footage and dont do anything to drastic. You must remember with all the bitterness and loathing that you can because people claiming a religious dogma that they intend to dominate the world with did this to you to attempt to weaken you and convert more to their cause. The liberals and oldstream media don't want you to remember because it supports extravagant action against those groups who would continue this course of action against us.

Man I disagree 100%..It has been all over Tv for past couple of days..tons of shows and news programs

BILLYFRED0000
09-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes recently. But overall they kept the lid on it for the first 3 or 4 years. Now that they feel safe as in it does not support a lame duck presidents policy that much they bring it out. I am suggesting that it has been used as a political stick but the bottom line is that it is an attack on our sovereignty and a declaration of war. We have not declared war back yet. But we should. If not this path could get ugly.
We do not remember it for the right reasons. We remember the loss but forget the cause. And if you watch the stuff it talks about loss but not the cause.

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I think we are forgetting about the people who lost loved ones and friends in 9/11. They need to have the rest of America remember what happened.

Personally, I think all of us should watch the footage of the towers going down so we don't get complacent about terrorism.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yes recently. But overall they kept the lid on it for the first 3 or 4 years. Now that they feel safe as in it does not support a lame duck presidents policy that much they bring it out. I am suggesting that it has been used as a political stick but the bottom line is that it is an attack on our sovereignty and a declaration of war. We have not declared war back yet. But we should. If not this path could get ugly.

Just have to agree to disagree..I dont think a lid has been kept on it at all..been movies done about it, news shows, historical shows, and a ton of other shows about the events, behind the events, who did the events, why it happend, could it have been stopped,the killed, the survivors, how the survivores cope, how the families cope how animals were affected( ok made that one up)
Point is this event has been seen over and over and over again. I dont see anyone putting a lid on it

BrahmaMom
09-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Now, I have to stir the pot. Not only do I think it should be remembered, I agree the media has deliberately spent years helping those with short term memory problems forget! Here's where I stir--I have always felt schools should incorporate watching the video of that day so our students are shown the day our country was attacked. I think it should be shown every year on tv, so we don't ever forget. It changed our world forever. I didn't lose someone, thank God, but I had a relative in the Pentagon that day who helped try to find survivors and carry bodies out. They can't forget, why should we? No, we shouldn't dwell on it, but keep it in perspective. It was a day that changed our country and lives forever--kind of a big deal, IMHO.

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Where is this the media has kept a lid on it coming from..please explain or show how they have not shown the events on more than one occasion

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Where is this the media has kept a lid on it coming from..please explain or show how they have not shown the events on more than one occasion

All I have noticed, is that they don't EVER show the footage of the towers being hit and going down.

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
All I have noticed, is that they don't EVER show the footage of the towers being hit and going down.

Well, why would we want to relive that? I mean really? I don't like seeing that image and I don't need to see it to know/remember what happened that day.
And let's stay away from all these labels about "liberal this or that" :rolleyes: Can't you find a better way to get your point across?

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Now, I have to stir the pot. Not only do I think it should be remembered, I agree the media has deliberately spent years helping those with short term memory problems forget! Here's where I stir--I have always felt schools should incorporate watching the video of that day so our students are shown the day our country was attacked. I think it should be shown every year on tv, so we don't ever forget. It changed our world forever. I didn't lose someone, thank God, but I had a relative in the Pentagon that day who helped try to find survivors and carry bodies out. They can't forget, why should we? No, we shouldn't dwell on it, but keep it in perspective. It was a day that changed our country and lives forever--kind of a big deal, IMHO.

Amen

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, why would we want to relive that? I mean really? I don't like seeing that image and I don't need to see it to know/remember what happened that day.

So you don't ever forget what it felt like or looked like, that's why.
So you still feel the anger and the dispair. So you don't forget who did it and why they did it.

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
So you don't ever forget what it felt like or looked like, that's why.
So you still feel the anger and the dispair. So you don't forget who did it and why they did it.

I don't need the images to do that, but I guess some of you older folks do. :p :D

Seeing those images the day it happened have been forever seared into my memory. :(

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't need the images to do that, but I guess some of you older folks do. :p :D

Seeing those images the day it happened have been forever seared into my memory. :(

Because of my advanced age and failing eyesight, images are better.:D

IHStangFan
09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
I personally think that we should not dwell on it, but instead learn from it, and try to insure that nothing like this ever happens again. Remembering is one thing, "Re-livng" it each year on the anniversary is not a good thing in my opinion. It sends the wrong msg. to the people who are responsible. It reinforces their success. :mad: