PDA

View Full Version : What were you doing?

CHS_CG
09-11-2007, 08:12 AM
What were you doing 6 years ago this morning when the Trade Center was attacked.

When the first plane hit I was still out side in color guard practice. We were all late gettin back inside and were excused from being late to the next class. I got into my English class. My teacher had the tv on and I could see all of the smoke and stuff. Just as we sat down and were listening we saw the 2nd plane hit and then we watched the buildings fall. I remember one of my friends sitting on my desk and just looked at me with his eyes wide open. Our entire classroom got quiet and we just all kind of sat there. My teacher was crying and needless to say we didnt carry on class that day.

Old Tiger
09-11-2007, 08:12 AM
In JH trying to get out of school because of it.

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Delivering a load of plastic pipe to a new wal mart super center in Harahan, LA.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM
On my way to work in Austin listening to Dudley and Bob (radio) describe the breaking news.

JR2004
09-11-2007, 08:30 AM
I was in college and I had just walked into the library and I see a group of folks huddled around the TV looking very shocked. Never will forget the shock of seeing the towers on fire.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I was at work when a coworker called in telling us she was going to be late because her daughter and son-in-law BOTH worked in the Twin Towers.

I had no clue what she was talking about, she told me to turn on the TV. By that time the second plane had hit and we sat there in shock watching the both towers fall!!

CHS_CG
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was at work when a coworker called in telling us she was going to be late because her daughter and son-in-law BOTH worked in the Twin Towers.

I had no clue what she was talking about, she told me to turn on the TV. By that time the second plane had hit and we sat there in shock watching the both towers fall!!

did they get out? My mom works with a guy who's brother didnt make it out of the Towers.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
did they get out? My mom works with a guy who's brother didnt make it out of the Towers.

Her daughter had a business meeting in New Jersey that day. Her son-in-law was stuck in traffic, 4 blocks from the Twin Towers...he witnessed it all!!

piratebg
09-11-2007, 08:49 AM
I was between classes at college and heard someone talking about it on their cell phone. When I got to the library, their was a crowd surrounding the tv. I left school early and went home. It was about a 30-45 minute drive and their was not one radio station playing any music.

luvhoops34
09-11-2007, 08:49 AM
We had no clue what was going on. I called dispatch to let them know we were unloaded and they told us we probably would not get loaded back out of N.O. I ask why and the dispatcher said, "oh, you don't know, turn on your radio". I immediately called my g/f back home. I was talking to her just as the second plane hit the building. We drove to a truck stop so we could watch tv for a while and then tried to get home as quick as we could. We listened to the radio the whole way. When I got home, I stayed up all night watching the news. I have never had anything make such a profound impact on me. I will never forgive or forget.

piratebg
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I swear my sister had no idea what channel CNN was until that day.

burnet44
09-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Teaching 5th grade history
and we turned it on the TV

crzyjournalist03
09-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I was walking to second period and noticed my mom in the office (I think my sister had left her prescription at home or something) and she mentioned something about a plane crashing in New York. I went to my journalism class and we heard that it had crashed into the WTC, and we went into the "life skills" class and watched the news for most of the rest of the day.

Bull19
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
was walking around in school cause i was bored and i just happened to walk inside one of teachers room who i knew had an off period. i saw her sitting on top of a desk watching the news. she was motionless. i remember walking to her and i remember looking up at the t.v. and no later than proly 30 sec or so the second plane hit...it was unforgetable.....i'll never forget who i was with, what i was doing, etc. on that day

LH OffseasonVet
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
In sign language class, I heard somebody mention it but it sounded more like a horrible accident not much detail. Then I changed classes was on my way to athletics and saw it on the tv in the High School main entrance. Still didn't know what was going on until after that period.

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 10:26 AM
In between Sinton & Kennedy on my way to Garland to pack up my crap and move back home. My best friend called and asked where I was because "we were under attack!" I stopped at the Kennedy Wal-Mart so I could watch tv for a little bit. Had to get back on the road, so I listened to the radio the entire trip up to Dallas. :( Very sad hearing them describe the towers falling. :(

Txbroadcaster
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
I was at Commerce sleeping in and skipping my class for the morning

At the time BuffyMars and I were dating, and she was in Carthage at Panola...She did not have class that day, I woke up to the radio talking about the strange events of the first plane..at the time everyone thought it an accident...Buffy called me and we were talking on phone as the second one hit

That day was surreal BECAUSE the day before in class my history teacher was trying to drive home a point about how many people were affected by something like the Holocaust, or slave trades and he made this comment

Think about if a plane was hijacked and crashed into our building, how it would not only affect the people in the building, but the people around it and in the town...needless to say very awkward the next time in his class

Send_the_House
09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
In college, stayed the night over at a fraternity brother's house, skipped my 8:00 class. Had the T.V. on when the first plane hit. They were talking like it might be a bomb or missle. I was watching when the news was showing the live video. You could see people jumping out of the windows at the top of the tower... The reporters were trying to figure out what that was coming from the building... when they realize it was people jumping, they cut the feed and never showed it again...

Then they fell...

Darren
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I was in a Business class at UMHB. They let us out shortly after it started.

The we just watched the news all day long. (maybe played a little Halo we dominated the UMHB network at the time)

3afan
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I was at work, heard about it, then spent the next few hours watching in a break room - then most everyone went home

rangerjim
09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
was off of work helping serve breakfast to a preacher's convention. Heard of a plane hitting the towers and assumed it was a Cessna. Went home real quick watched 5 minutes of TV. Getting back in the car heard of the second plane. Went back inside for another hour watching TV. Finally got to work where they had rigged up a couple of TV's.

Can't believe it was 6 years ago already. Seems like last month.

buff4life
09-11-2007, 01:24 PM
At Immanuel Lutheran School in Pre Cal...front row third chair from the right...