PDA

View Full Version : Calwell hosts Hearne for Homecoming

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
It might be 3A Caldwell's homecoming game, but Hearne is so obsessed with beating Caldwell every year that they even had bumper stickers made that said "Exterminate Caldwell".

CHS_CG
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I see caldwell pulling and A&M this week.. they blow a something to nothing lead after half time, but pull out the win

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I see caldwell pulling and A&M this week.. they blow a something to nothing lead after half time, but pull out the win

yea, maybe I should have changed the second option to "olls over and plays dead" :-)

Full of typos. Sorry. I are a a graduate from callwayel

CHS_CG
09-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by wookinpanub
yea, maybe I should have changed the second option to "olls over and plays dead" :-)

Full of typos. Sorry. I are a a graduate from callwayel

please dont admit that.. we try not to claim you.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
please dont admit that.. we try not to claim you.

That's a REAL insult coming from you, Miss America

One insult deserves another

CHS_CG
09-10-2007, 06:34 PM
That's a REAL insult coming from you, Miss America

this coming from the guy who hits on the OTHER side when his team plays.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 06:50 PM
this coming from the guy who hits on the OTHER side when his team plays.

ouch
you guys better read the rules
or your be a bench warmer and wont get to bat at all

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
ouch
you guys better read the rules
or your be a bench warmer and wont get to bat at all

Hating someone you've never met is a trend on here. Get with the program.

luvhoops34
09-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Hating someone you've never met is a trend on here. Get with the program.

Yeah B44, get with the program!;)

winthebigone
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Caldwell will handle Hearne easily.

FYI: Caldwell installed the infamous Slot-T offense last year (run higly effectively by Liberty Hill). It is a run-based offense that takes advantage of play action passes. Caldwell according to news sources was 3rd in 3A rushing. They are year two of installing the offense so I imagine the play action passes are getting better. Nobody "reads like a boook" this offense to quote wookinpanub.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
Caldwell will handle Hearne easily.

FYI: Caldwell installed the infamous Slot-T offense last year (run higly effectively by Liberty Hill). It is a run-based offense that takes advantage of play action passes. Caldwell according to news sources was 3rd in 3A rushing. They are year two of installing the offense so I imagine the play action passes are getting better. Nobody "reads like a boook" this offense to quote wookinpanub.

I hope you're right, but trust me, Hearne plays their A-game for this showdown. One year they went 1-9 and C-town was their only win - and Carter was even playing.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope you're right, but trust me, Hearne plays their A-game for this showdown. One year they went 1-9 and C-town was their only win - and Carter was even playing.

But what do you call the people from Hearne. Hearnia's. Anyway, rivalries throw out the book. The hater that hates the most can pull out a win unless the teams are heavily mismatched.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
But what do you call the people from Hearne. Hearnia's. Anyway, rivalries throw out the book. The hater that hates the most can pull out a win unless the teams are heavily mismatched.

and
Hearne
HATES
Caldwell

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM

By the way, they're called Hearnionians

CHS_CG
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Its not even that Caldwells O gets read, or pulls the same old stuff, its Caldwell gets cocky and relaxes. ANY team can pick up on that! By the time a team realizes oh snap we shouldnt have relaxed its usually to late and the other team wins. Caldwell's downfall a lot of the time is gettin comfy!

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:38 PM
By the way, they're called Hearnionians

Herny onions? Well I had a girl friend from there and she always thought that hearnia's was funny. I think it will be a tough game for Caldwell but they should control the ball and pull away later in the game. It won't be a high scoring affair methinks.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 08:39 PM

It is a run-based offense that takes advantage of play action passes. Caldwell according to news sources was 3rd in 3A rushing. They are year two of installing the offense so I imagine the play action passes are getting better.

LH PASSES?

and if you read your keys you can defend it
undisciplined players get killed by misdirection
reading keys takes discipline and work
many players dont have that

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Its not even that Caldwells O gets read, or pulls the same old stuff, its Caldwell gets cocky and relaxes. ANY team can pick up on that! By the time a team realizes oh snap we shouldnt have relaxed its usually to late and the other team wins. Caldwell's downfall a lot of the time is gettin comfy!

I couldn't agree more - ala Bellville last year, and against La Grange both last year AND the year before.

The only way to ensure victory with Caldwell's clock-control offense is to not turn the ball over, be the last team with the ball before halftime, score on your first possession if you receive the second-half kickoff, and not assume the game is won unless you're 22 points ahead with about three minutes left --- and for God's sake learn how to recover an onside kick! :-)

Stranger things have happened, esp. in C-town.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I couldn't agree more - ala Bellville last year, and against La Grange both last year AND the year before.

The only way to ensure victory with Caldwell's clock-control offense is to not turn the ball over, be the last team with the ball before halftime, score on your first possession if you receive the second-half kickoff, and not assume the game is won unless you're 22 points ahead with about three minutes left.

Stranger things have happened, esp. in C-town.

Maybe talking about killer instinct. The great teams have it. If you want to win you never play not to lose. Even Celina's second team thinks they can beat you. They often have. That is why I don't agree with this don't run up the score. If you are way ahead send out the second team. But send them out to play. If they keep puttin points on the board, then send out the sophmores and let them play. And if the score keeps going up sendout the cheerleaders and let them play. But do not stop the game.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe talking about killer instinct. The great teams have it. If you want to win you never play not to lose. Even Celina's second team thinks they can beat you. They often have. That is why I don't agree with this don't run up the score. If you are way ahead send out the second team. But send them out to play. If they keep puttin points on the board, then send out the sophmores and let them play. And if the score keeps going up sendout the cheerleaders and let them play. But do not stop the game.

True dat. But the problem is having the ones in the know to share this strategy with the players instead of picking petunias on the sideline between possessions. Football - like any sport - is very much a brain game. A lot of folks don't realize or accept this. Playing "not to lose" has dampened many a team's chances.

I'm all for running up the score. Hell, in district it can often come back to haunt you due to the point-spread system. If you're ahead by 12 against a spoiler or contender team and you have the ball inside their 30 yard line with 30 seconds left, kneeling on it is foolish. That's because if you're in an early district game, you don't know how the remaining games will play out and possibly feed you a crap sandwich while other teams are dancing into post-season because of those 30 seconds your QB knelt on the ball in Week 7 or 8.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:56 PM
True dat. But the problem is having the ones in the know to share this strategy with the players instead of picking petunias on the sideline between possessions. Football - like any sport - is very much a brain game. A lot of folks don't realize or accept this. Playing "not to lose" has dampened many a team's chances.

I'm all for running up the score. Hell, in district it can often come back to haunt you due to the point-spread system. If you're ahead by 12 against a spoiler or contender team and you have the ball inside their 30 yard line with 30 seconds left, kneeling on it is foolish. That's because if you're in an early district game, you don't know how the remaining games will play out and possibly feed you a crap sandwich while other teams are dancing into post-season because of those 30 seconds your QB knelt on the ball in Week 7 or 8.

Well to me it's a heart issue. Your Brain tells you to play. Your heart decides whether you are going to or not.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Well to me it's a heart issue. Your Brain tells you to play. Your heart decides whether you are going to or not.

Yea, but if you let your brain tell your heart it's too late to try, you're finished. It's a lot about building adrenaline and momentum, too, like finding a good slot machine in Vegas and playing what's working til it's not working. Bellville was a great example last year. Behind by 25 with 5:50 left vs. Caldwell, they scored and got an onside kick and the karma changed. They got another onside kick and before you knew it, there was 2 minutes left and they trailed by five before utilizing their top RB, Abbs, in the clutch.

Speaking of the Bellville game, that game will determine third place, I think. We'll see if revenge becomes a factor from last year.

1. Giddings
2. Navasota
3. Bellville or Caldwell
5. La Grange (maybe the best fifth place team in any classification though they could surprise everyone)
6. Smithville (I do think they might get a district win by playing as you say (with heart), but we'll see).

winthebigone
09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Caldwell will finish no lower than third. Navasota can't hold up to the Hornet run attack. Madisonville with it's one back attack put 28 points on the Rattlers. The Hornet four back attack, counting the "scrambling QB" as a threat, will pound Navasota, LaGrange and Smithville into submission. The big games will be Giddings and Bellville. With Giddings option attack vs. Caldwell's misdirection, their might be a pass thrown all night. Have faith in teams that run in 2007.

I'd take Brock Fitzehenry running the triple option over a spread attack any day of the week. Modern defenses are geared toward stopping the spread offense. They are finess, with multiple defensive backs, built for speed. They are not geared to stop a "smash mouth" attack. Run the ball, control the clock, dominate the line of scrimmage, and drive the opponent off the ball play after play. Play action passes hit for touchdowns because every body is in the box to stop the run. That is real football. Just my 2-cents worth.

wookinpanub
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Caldwell will finish no lower than third. Navasota can't hold up to the Hornet run attack. Madisonville with it's one back attack put 28 points on the Rattlers. The Hornet four back attack, counting the "scrambling QB" as a threat, will pound Navasota, LaGrange and Smithville into submission. The big games will be Giddings and Bellville. With Giddings option attack vs. Caldwell's misdirection, their might be a pass thrown all night. Have faith in teams that run in 2007.

I'd take Brock Fitzehenry running the triple option over a spread attack any day of the week. Modern defenses are geared toward stopping the spread offense. They are finess, with multiple defensive backs, built for speed. They are not geared to stop a "smash mouth" attack. Run the ball, control the clock, dominate the line of scrimmage, and drive the opponent off the ball play after play. Play action passes hit for touchdowns because every body is in the box to stop the run. That is real football. Just my 2-cents worth.

Dude, we're not worthy! You really know your stuff. If you coach there, they're in very capable hands.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM

Little OLB ers dont like playing a 9
they know what goes on in there
and they didnt sign up for that

winthebigone
09-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Dude, we're not worthy! You really know your stuff. If you coach there, they're in very capable hands.

Not a coach, just a active fan. I figured with all your inside insight that you provide, that you worked somewhere in the district. I think football in the Brazos Valley in top notch.

Old Tiger
09-11-2007, 06:06 AM
I heard a funny conversation between Bryson Tucker(Caldwell) and Montre Webber(Hearne) once.

Bryson was telling Montre that he only had 3 catches against them and Montre was like they were all for touchdowns and it made Bryson be quiet. lol

Darren
09-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Caldwell should beat Hearne.

If they don't count them out for district playoffs IMO. Because if you cant beat Hearne how are you going to beat Navasota, Bellville, La Grange or Giddings?>