PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 playoff brackets/predictions

Jacket2000
10-31-2001, 12:12 AM
Click the link on the region 4 page. These are my current region 4 playoff predictions which will be updated after this week, and again after next week's games. Then, they will become actual playoff brackets. If you notice any scenarios that are mathmatically impossible at this point, please let me know and I'll fix it. Thanx
J2K
"No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his."-George S.Patton

footballer2
10-31-2001, 11:02 AM
J2K- YOU HAVE PEARSALL IN BOTH DI AND DII BRACKETS. AN OVERSIGHT I'M SURE.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT I DON'T BELIEVE FALFURRIAS WILL GET AS FAR AS YOU HAVE PREDICTED-YES THEY ARE 8-0,BUT THEY HAVE THE LEAST COMPETITIVE SCHEDULE OF ANY 8-0 TEAM LEFT IN THE REGION. I KNOW THIS MIGHT CAUSE SOME COMMOTION, BUT FACTS ARE FACTS.

Jacket2000
10-31-2001, 02:21 PM
So I did. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to look into who was supposed to be in D2, but I do know that Pearsall will be D1. As for Bellville, we'll just have to disagree on that one.
J2K

jykoy
10-31-2001, 02:32 PM
J2K- Hey dude, I dont mean to be bitchy again, but I think you misread "footballer2"'s reply.. he was talking about Falfurrias, not Bellville. (BTW, I think you pretty much plotted the bracket out correctly.)

LUPDOG40
10-31-2001, 02:40 PM
footballer2 I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY!FAL.HAS PLAYED 2A'S AND 3A'S,BUT NO REAL TEST YET!!THAT IS UNTIL NEXT WEEK IN ZAPATA,THE HAWKS PLAYED A 4A AND 3 5A SCHOOLS AND ARE 8-0!.NO WAY THEY SHOULD BE RANKED HIGHER THAN THE HAWKS!!

Jacket2000
10-31-2001, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by jykoy:
J2K- Hey dude, I dont mean to be bitchy again, but I think you misread "footballer2"'s reply.. he was talking about Falfurrias, not Bellville. (BTW, I think you pretty much plotted the bracket out correctly.)

Damnit!!! I havent gotten anything right in 2 days!!LOL. Thanks for pointing that out, but it's the same thing for Falfurrias. We'll just have to disagree.
J2K

footballer2
11-01-2001, 10:36 AM
J2K-WHATS THERE TO DISAGREE ABOUT-TO DATE FALFURRIAS HAS PLAYED:2A LAVILLA CURRENTLY 0-7...ROBSTOWN 4A CURRENTLY 0-8...LYFORD 3A CURRENTLY 3-5...INGLESIDE 3A CURRENTLY 5-3,BUT WILL MORE THAN LIKELY FINISH 5-5 WITH SINTON AND MATHIS LEFT ON SCHEDULE...RIVIERA 2-A CURRENTLY 5-3, WILL PROBABLY FINISH 6-4 AT BEST WITH BANQUETE STILL ON SCHEDULE...THEY HAVE ALSO BEATEN SAN DIEGO,BISHOP AND ORANGE GROVE IN DISTRICT PLAY-NONE OF THESE 3 TEAMS ARE POWERHOUSES BY ANY MEANS THIS YEAR. 8 AND 0 SEEMS IMPRESSIVE ON PAPER, BUT WHEN YOU LOOK AT OPPONENTS PERHAPS THIS IS WHY I INSINUATE THAT FALFURRIAS MAY BE OVERRATED.WHATS YOUR TAKE ON THIS J2K.

Jacket2000
11-01-2001, 11:56 AM
I disagree that they are overrated. I think they'll do exactly what I said they'll do in my playoff predictions; regional finalists, lose to either Wimberely or Mathis.
J2K

M.PIRATEFAN
11-01-2001, 09:02 PM
Fal does have a good team but once they enter those playoffs it's different than playing those 2A schools.For example, last year they were 10-0,first round loss to Yoakum of all teams. I know if and thats a big IF they meet us in the playoffs we are going to put a whippin on them.

davidalex
11-01-2001, 11:57 PM
I am always defending the 31-3A teams but, I just don't think that Fal can get father than the 1st or 2nd round. Also their 8-0 record right now isn't really as strong as it might seem. There are much better teams in region IV in DI with records that aren't as perfect.

footballer2
11-02-2001, 02:12 PM
I JUST RECENTLY HAD CONVERSATION WITH A FOOTBALLER THAT HAS SEEN BOTH FALFURRIAS AND ZAPATA PLAY THIS YEAR. IN HIS OPINION FALFURRIAS IS NOT AS TOUGH AS THEY WERE LAST YEAR(LOST IN 2ND ROUND TO YOAKUM). ZAPATA IS STRONGER THAN LAST YEAR. THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP IN THEIR DISTRICT WILL BE DECIDED ON FRI NOV 9TH. HIS PREDICTION IS THAT BOTH TEAMS ARE EVENLY MATCHED AND THE WINNER WILL BE THE TEAM THAT MAKES THE FEWEST TURNOVERS AND MISTAKES.GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, IT SOUND LIKE A GOOD GAME TO GO WATCH. DAVIDALEX THERE IS BETTER dIV II BALL CLUBS THAN FALFURRIAS AND ZAPATA-MATHIS IS BETTER THAN BOTH IN MY OPINION-DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL I'M JUST STATING MY OPINION.

davidalex
11-02-2001, 07:11 PM
Sorry, i meant DII instead DI, Also...i don't take anything personally you don't know me and i don't know you...best of luck to all teams.

BigDog2001
11-04-2001, 03:10 AM
If Carrizo Springs wins they will be the D1 rep. in 28AAA

BigDog2001
11-04-2001, 03:11 AM
If Carrizo Springs wins in week 10 they are the D1 rep in 28AAA.

Originally posted by footballer2:
J2K- YOU HAVE PEARSALL IN BOTH DI AND DII BRACKETS. AN OVERSIGHT I'M SURE.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT I DON'T BELIEVE FALFURRIAS WILL GET AS FAR AS YOU HAVE PREDICTED-YES THEY ARE 8-0,BUT THEY HAVE THE LEAST COMPETITIVE SCHEDULE OF ANY 8-0 TEAM LEFT IN THE REGION. I KNOW THIS MIGHT CAUSE SOME COMMOTION, BUT FACTS ARE FACTS.

therealbulldogs
11-04-2001, 11:22 PM
I hope that Carrizo Springs wins because I would like to see Bandera get some revenge from '98. That was the last time they played each other, which was a bidistrict game.