PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Daingerfield

Gsquared
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Tatum whipped them 48-21 in Zero Week, next up, Gilmer. Doh :doh:

lostaussie
09-10-2007, 11:41 AM
enough already:D...............don't make it bigger than it is. you know what happened last year.

Gsquared
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
enough already:D...............don't make it bigger than it is. you know what happened last year.
Haha, yall shoulda tried to only put 40 on the board against Tatum. 71 stirred everybody up again and that target is on yalls back again. :D In all honesty, Gilmer looks better this year than last. Yeah, a bit more one dimensional but when Godfrey gets a bit more comfortable under center (you know he will be by district) then it will be HARD to beat Gilmer. BTW, what is the status on # 14? He was good.

Adidas410s
09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
G...any chance of a Gilmer/Royse City matchup??? The scoreboard might break 100!!!! :eek:

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Is this another one of those "hide and watch" things? :devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Is this another one of those "hide and watch" things? :devil: :devil:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Aesculus gilmus
09-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Dustin Jones (14) will be out for at least a few weeks, from what I hear.

A minor point, but Stump Godfrey will NEVER be comfortable under center. The only time Gilmer QBs go under center is to do a victory kneel. :D

Gsquared
09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Dustin Jones (14) will be out for at least a few weeks, from what I hear.

A minor point, but Stump Godfrey will NEVER be comfortable under center. The only time Gilmer QBs go under center is to do a victory kneel. :D
Haha, let me rephrase that, taking the snap from the center.
Adidas, I think they will need to add digits to both sides of the score board. I think Royse City can throw the ball up and down the field and Gilmer can run it up and down the field. Think it would come down to who has the ball last. Would be a really fun game to watch. I hate to hear that about Dustin, is a great player but sounds like he will be back in time.

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
G...any chance of a Gilmer/Royse City matchup??? I hope so, I may have to cancel my plans for RC vs. Sanger in a few weeks. :(

Buckeye80
09-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Following logic based on the scores from the last two weeks, the Buckeyes should win 92- (-27). We'll see if that happens.

Daingerfield has some great athletes and it seems like they always matchup better with Gilmer than they do with Tatum. This year we have a defense though, so let's see how it changes things. Playing at home I think Gilmer gets a "slight" edge.

I'll say Gilmer 58 Daingerfield 12:D

Gsquared
09-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Following logic based on the scores from the last two weeks, the Buckeyes should win 92- (-27). We'll see if that happens.

Daingerfield has some great athletes and it seems like they always matchup better with Gilmer than they do with Tatum. This year we have a defense though, so let's see how it changes things. Playing at home I think Gilmer gets a "slight" edge.

I'll say Gilmer 58 Daingerfield 12:D
haha, -27 for Daingerfield sounds right brotha! Herndon is a bad boy but stop him and Dfield cant pee a drop

Buckeye80
09-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
haha, -27 for Daingerfield sounds right brotha! Herndon is a bad boy but stop him and Dfield cant pee a drop

If you'll remember back to '03, Daingerfield had a RB named Mentorn Mims who had torn us up in the playoffs the year before. He had a great year with something like 1100 yards. In the first round of the playoffs, Gilmer held him to 7 yards on like 18 carries. In '04, the Buckeyes held Jamario Thomas of Spring Hill to something like 30 yards in a playoff game the year before he was the national leading rusher at North Texas.
I don't know why the Buckeyes are so good at shutting down the "one pony" teams, but they are. Teams that can pass the ball with multiple receiving options give the Buckeyes trouble.