PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs Marlin any thoughts

Fotbol
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
How far is Snyder from Marlin?
My baby Dawgs have a game Sat Morning
I don't know if I'll make this one, anyone going?

Gsquared
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Ill be there!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol

A quick google search, Marlin to Sweetwater, 252 miles.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
My baby Dawgs have a game Sat Morning
I don't know if I'll make this one, anyone going?

didnt see ya at Hooters Friday

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
A quick google search, Marlin to Sweetwater, 252 miles.

Would have been nice if they could have found a nuetral site, those trips are brutal. This is about the same kind of trip Ab. Wylie had last year we they went to Wimberely.

Fotbol
09-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
didnt see ya at Hooters Friday
had to take wife back to Killeen from Temple arrived @ Baylor around 7:35PM

Fotbol
09-10-2007, 11:39 AM
A quick google search, Marlin to Sweetwater, 252 miles. Let me see here a mile a minute, carry your one......x 3 take away 4 I guess we looking at 5 to 5 1/2 hours whew! what time is the game?

DaHop72
09-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Let me see here a mile a minute, carry your one......x 3 take away 4 I guess we looking at 5 to 5 1/2 hours whew! what time is the game? 6:00

BMOC
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Isn't this game in Brownwood?

DaHop72
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Isn't this game in Brownwood? No, it was moved to Sweetwater as part of the Sammy Baugh Classic.

Sweetwater Red
09-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
No, it was moved to Sweetwater as part of the Sammy Baugh Classic.
I've never heard why. Do you know?

burnet44
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM
its a trip
but
not as far as the marlin coaches had to go to watch Snyder vs Hereford on Friday night. ouch
marlin to hereford take a guess

485 give or take a couple
call it an even 500

BMOC
09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought they were in Brownwood because of another classic, what happened that they were moved to Sweetwater?

Black_Magic
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
I thought they were in Brownwood because of another classic, what happened that they were moved to Sweetwater? I believe The classic lost one of its mathups from last year. Snyder and Marlin were receptive to moving thier mathup to sweetwater on a saturday as opposed to thursday in Bwood..

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe The classic lost one of its mathups from last year. Snyder and Marlin were receptive to moving thier mathup to sweetwater on a saturday as opposed to thursday in Bwood..

Yes I would rather do that myself. Playing on a Saturday makes the trip easier than that long haul on a school night. If Marlin survives the trip I think they beat Snyder. Marlin is tough this year.

DaHop72
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Could this be another last team with ball wins game????

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 01:16 PM

I know that Marlin is a good 2A program, but if Snyder is anything close to the hype they received during the preseason, they should handle Marlin easily.

sweetwater07
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
i wouldn't expect Marlin's fan count to be near as high as Snyder's....its only 30 minutes or so to Snyder from Sweetwater

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I know that Marlin is a good 2A program, but if Snyder is anything close to the hype they received during the preseason, they should handle Marlin easily.

It won't be that Easy. Marlin has already played two 3a teams and is one and one. I am not impressed with Snyder this year at all as their normally solid D seems to be porous. I look for Marlin to play them tough and am looking for an upset. Snyder should win but may not.

MarginalTalent
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
It seems like they've taken the 'd' out of
Snyder. Their new city limits signs are going to say Snyer.

Stownhorse
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM

Na dont count on it....This team might have a defense hop:D

GetRDoneStangs
09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe The classic lost one of its mathups from last year. Snyder and Marlin were receptive to moving thier mathup to sweetwater on a saturday as opposed to thursday in Bwood..

That is pretty close...not exact. But Good for Blackie!!!

JK!!! :D

We did need another game and Believe it or Not, I have been talking with Coach Rogers about Snyder being a part of the Sammy Baugh Classic since the begining. I have also worked closely with the family (Coach David Baugh) all along in bringing the Classic together. I wanted Snyder to take a part in it because of the strong ties to the city and school that Sammy had to Snyder. It didn't pan out the first couple of years and when I aproached Coach Rogers after they played in Brownwood last year and he aggreed to play if Marlin would. Coach Malone from Marlin thought it would be great to play in the Classic and agreed to move the game as well.

I know for a fact the Gordon Wood Classic was a special event for the players last year..I am also extremely positive the Sammy Baugh Classic will provide a great atmosphere and a special time for the participants...thats my job and my goal!!!

We will have special presentations to each school, each player will recieve a Classic Lanyard with his name on it and each school will recieve a $500.00 scholarsip to TSTC-West Texas in the name of the "Player of the Game" of each school (redemeable at any TSTC campus!)

And you can see it is also bringing a bunch of us from the Downlow together....

I can't wait!!!

burnet44
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Playing on a Saturday makes the trip easier than that long haul on a school night. If Marlin survives the trip I think they beat Snyder..

The trip is marlins biggest foe here

GetRDoneStangs
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
The trip is marlins biggest foe here

That is very true....I t did add to the commute (about 2 hours I seemed to reacall from Brownwood).

I think it is also a very good opportunity to showcase some very good talent from Central Texas. I feel it is being played at a very good time and lots of folks that may have never even HEARD of Marlin, more less watched them, will get the opportunity.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
That is very true....I t did add to the commute (about 2 hours I seemed to reacall from Brownwood).

I think it is also a very good opportunity to showcase some very good talent from Central Texas. I feel it is being played at a very good time and lots of folks that may have never even HEARD of Marlin, more less watched them, will get the opportunity.

They are a good group. They are not the best of 2a but definetly a top 10 contender. If Snyder was as good as last year I would give the nod that way. But Marlin is a fast solid team and may give Snyder some real issues. And they play solid D as well. If the trip does not wear them out they may pull off a W. I am pulling for them and 2a a lot because Celina has a lot of ties to 2A. 2A is small but talented and can hang with bigger schools. I think that small school 3A and big School 2A are close enough to give real competitive games most of the time.

marlin fan
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
GO MARLIN BEAT SNYDER... AGAIN!!!:D

GetRDoneStangs
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
There is no doubt that many of the 2A have some great talent...in fact...look at Rosoe in 1A (Friday night Sammy Baugh). In smaller classifications 1 or 2 studs can make a team go a long way...
Roscoe has a BUNCH !!!!!

The lines avereage in the UPPER 200's... and they have SPEED ...DEPTH

I like Roscoe in 1A...they may even compete in 2A or 3A...this year!

formermbcouns
09-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Sweetwater's a little too far from Austin for me to make the trip but good luck to the 'Dogs. Play as hard as you did last week against Connally and I think the 'Dogs have a good chance at a win!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Does Marlin have the same QB as last year? I remember him to be a pretty accurate passer.

Old Tiger
09-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Does Marlin have the same QB as last year? I remember him to be a pretty accurate passer. Just be glad yall didn't have to play against Jeremy Sanders! *Shivers in fear*

HAN SING
09-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i wouldn't expect Marlin's fan count to be near as high as Snyder's....its only 30 minutes or so to Snyder from Sweetwater Han think there will be a few people wearing purple and gold on marlins side but will also have even more wearing red and white knowing The history between Snyder and Sweetwater.:thinking: