PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on texas and texas a&m

coach
09-10-2007, 10:17 AM
the AGGIES, l believe, made me piss my pants three times this weekend but as said before a win is a win..i guess i will take it. But holy cow, i hate to say this but with mcgee not throwing the ball the game almost got boring...he never threw the ball more than 20 yards...part of him not throwing the ball down field is i think mcgee is too woried about not throwing the int which is good but can also hurt your game...aslo the offenseive coordinator is very conservative sometimes i wondered if they hired bill parcells so its not on all mcgee the coaching does have a little to do something with the ags not working the passing game...i still can't believe frseno couldn't stop the run....most aggies are complaing about not throwing but hell when the option is working then why mess with it? my only worry is a really good team like miami, ou, texas, our even tech can sniff out the option ao the ags have got to discover the passing game sometime this year...and as usual the defense didn't look to great in the second half. i dont know if they got tired or what? i mean they show spurts where they look like the old wrecking crew then they show spurts where they look like a 6 man defense giving up 70 points routinely.....

TEXAS- i didnt watch much of this game because i missed most f the first half due to the aggies not being able to put the game away...but from what i herd it looks like it only took texas a game and a half to get back to there full ability to play like they know how whereas the ags are still waiting.....texas fans just take a deep breath and dont worry the hons will be back to normal 10 in season under mack as for aggie fans.....i would be worried to death

briefcase
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I believe both teams looked good at times and the both looked vulnerable at times but atm more vulnerable than ut. I want to give ut props because i doubted them and thought they would lose this game. I am glad they proved me wrong.

i hate to say it, but ou looks mighty impressive as does lsu. Could be a LSU vs OU for the national championship.

Bull Butter
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
As much as people here don't want to hear it, Oklahoma looks very scary for each team right now:eek:

Johnny Utah
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Bull, I agree. OU is going to be tough to beat this season.

JasperDog94
09-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
As much as people here don't want to hear it, Oklahoma looks very scary for each team right now:eek: Yes they do...:mad:

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Of course OU is going to be good, BUT I still dont think we know how good..Yes they dominated UM..but this is NO WHERE CLOSE to even an average Cane team. and I think OU still has not been truly tested

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
As much as people here don't want to hear it, Oklahoma looks very scary for each team right now:eek:

We will see on OU. The Miami victory looks impressive but we are going on their track record. It would not look that good if Miami is a 6 and 4 team this year.
The Texas TCU game was a good barometer for both teams. Texas should have won and TCU should have made them work for it. Looks like the ratings are close on both teams. I think the coaches at Texas did a good job of adjusting at the half. Texas could be tough if they can improve their D.

hawkfan
09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
most aggies are complaing about not throwing but hell when the option is working then why mess with it?

Because they think since every football team on the planet uses 4 wide outs that they have to as well. I personally love the Option. Any QB can sit back and throw, but it takes some testicular fortitude to run the football knowing you are about to get jacked up. I will be the happiest person in the world if McGee runs for 120+ yards a game and throws for less than 100.

Txbroadcaster
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Because they think since every football team on the planet uses 4 wide outs that they have to as well. I personally love the Option. Any QB can sit back and throw, but it takes some testicular fortitude to run the football knowing you are about to get jacked up. I will be the happiest person in the world if McGee runs for 120+ yards a game and throws for less than 100.

If he is running for 120 and throwing for less than a 100 in the today's bigtime college football world, A&M will not be better than a cotton bowl tier team..It is not the lack of attempts..it is the lack of a big play passing game

Option teams who can throw the ball down the field are deadly...suck the the secondary in go up top..All A&M is doing is bringin the secondary into their throwing lanes...

Teams that go 4 wide can throw short routes because they spread the field and cause one on one situations..A&M causes one TE on 5 defender situations