PDA

View Full Version : College Football Team Question

Old Tiger
09-10-2007, 07:13 AM
What is up with all the "weaker" teams playing the "powerhouses" so close this year?

Is the talent getting more all around better? I think so because the way the game is getting coached in high school now days.

X21AAAPlayer
09-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Or motivation... The "weaker" school knows that most of America is picking against them, therefore they have nothing to lose. They also will play much harder not only to prove everyone wrong, but for bragging rights. As you look at the "stronger" school, they have a chance of slightly looking past the team and it ends up biting them in the butt. I always root for the little guys:)

BMOC
09-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I agree with Go Blue, I think the talent and level of competition in all of College Football is starting to even out (somewhat). you will still have your power houses, but I don't think you can ever count a team out at any level anymore. That is what makes college football so exciting.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 10:44 AM
its no different than class vs class
the lower class school has all to gain

the larger class school has all to lose

the larger school should win
so when they do its no big deal they shoulda won

if they lose they have all to lose and nothing to gain

only way you play smaller schools
you need wins

same as on Sat.
except looks like someone didnt tell the small schools they should lose
and the big schools are even paying for them to come to their place

pretty funny

JT44
09-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Isn't there now a lower cap on the scholarships that can be given out? I heard one of the college football shows talking about only 84 scholarships, therefore some of the "weaker" schools can now get that player that would normally go to a big school.

3afan
09-10-2007, 10:56 AM
i dont think there is a low end --- there are some FCS schools (55 schol. limit) they give no (zero) athletic scholarships.