PDA

View Full Version : connecting a camcorder to a computer

raider red 2000
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
i have a sony handycam (model #DCR HD26) and i plugged it into my computer with the USB cable ....the computer has Vista as the opperating system....and it says i need some type of driver.

if i dont have the CD that came with the camera....what can i do?

any help is appreciated

thanks
RR2K

Emerson1
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Go to the camcorder's maker's website and find drivers for it

mwynn05
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i have a sony handycam (model #DCR HD26) and i plugged it into my computer with the USB cable ....the computer has Vista as the opperating system....and it says i need some type of driver.

any help is appreciated

thanks
RR2K there shoudl be a place on the sony website to get drivers find them and download them

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

any help is appreciated

thanks
RR2K Sony DCRHC26 software updates/drivers (http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-swu.pl?mdl=DCRHC26&LOC=3)

raider red 2000
09-09-2007, 11:09 PM
thanks for the help.

how do i know if it will work with vista????

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Software operating system compatibility is: Microsoft windows 2000 Professional, XP Home and XP Professional. is the Model HD26 or HC 26. couldnt locate anything with HD26?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Sony® Camcorder Compatibility with Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Operating System
Posted: 03/02/2007

The compatibility information for the Sony camcorders is broken into two parts, one for the camcorder itself and the other for the digital imaging software that came on the CD bundled with the camcorder. Please note that it is possible for the camcorder to be compatible with a computer running the Windows Vista operating system while the originally provided digital imaging software is not.

Camcorder & Driver Compatibility
Software Compatibility

Camcorder & Driver Compatibility

The drivers required to connect most Sony® cameras and camcorders to a computer are already included in the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
Note: In some instances, the camera or camcorder may not be recognized by the computer when connected. In this case, check to see if there is an updated driver available for your model.
Not all Sony camcorders are compatible:
For compatible Sony camcorders - You should be able to connect your camcorder and transfer files to a computer running the Windows Vista operating system.
For non-compatible Sony camcorders - Operation with the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system is not guaranteed.
The 64-bit starter version of the Windows Vista operating system is not supported.
The USB streaming feature available on some camcorder models is not supported with Windows Vista operating system.

Check the chart below to see if your Sony camcorder model is compatible for use with the Windows Vista operating system.

Legend:
O = Compatible
N = Not Applicable
– = Non-Compatible (not guaranteed)

Digital Video Camcorders
Models USB (Memory Stick) i.Link
DCR-HC1000 Ï Ï
DCR-HC15 Í Ï
DCR-HC20 Í Ï
DCR-HC21 Í Ï
DCR-HC26 N O
DCR-HC28 Í Ï
DCR-HC30 Ï Ï
DCR-HC32 Ï Ï
DCR-HC36 Ï Ï
DCR-HC38*5 Í Ï
DCR-HC40 Ï Ï
DCR-HC42 Ï Ï
DCR-HC43 Ï Ï
DCR-HC46 Ï Ï

ILS1
09-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Once you plug it in,it'll ask you if you want Vista to find drivers for it. And just click yes. If it can't find it,it'll usually take you to the makers website to download the drivers. That's the only new feature of Windows Vista that I really like.

:D :D

maestro
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
wow you downlow people are SMART.....

i'm intimidated....a little...

luvhoops34
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by maestro
wow you downlow people are SMART.....

i'm intimidated....a little...

ya' think? :D