but they wont have to dress in the sweat box like at Fairfield
and hopefully kennedale can bring some good zebras with em
the Waco chapter is horrible
but anyone knows that

I think the Rockets win
but close
last year we didnt play well till an INT in the second half
got us going

Ill say Rockets 28-21 loli forgot to tell you that before the newe stuff was built the visiting team used to have to dress in the old gym which is a pretty far walk and your right about the waco chapter i meant to mention that friday night

JR2004
09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
the Waco chapter is horrible

Nothing tops Temple. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Matthew328
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Kennedale's QB got hurt against Everman....they had their backup QB play last week...if he plays I like Kennedale...if he doesn't play I take Robinson

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

I have to agree with that. IN the Robinson game I cannot tell you how many bad calls. If you notice the officiating it is because they stink. That game we were talking about the officiating as much as the game.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I will go with Robinson. I would like to believe that they played great Defense against us. If they stop Kennedale, suspicion confirmed.

Buckeye80
09-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
2 very good programs that are well-coached

I think Canton-Royse City will be another good Reg 2 game this week

Royse City will stomp on Canton or I have severely underestimated the Bulldogs this year.

strosfan
09-10-2007, 09:43 PM
robinson without a doubt!

charlesrixey
09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Royse City will stomp on Canton or I have severely underestimated the Bulldogs this year.

how funny

just a few weeks ago, RC was the underestimated one

burnet44
09-10-2007, 10:43 PM

IDK
we had them 4-5 times when I was at Chilton
very good crews
but it was a big game
maybe they sent the good ones
Ive had good luck with Temple till the Celina game
Ft. Worth aint worth well you know (insert rule 45 section 6 here)
had them in Wax vs Celeste and and Meridian
terrible doesnt begin to describe it
they were eat up with sideline warnings BEFORE the emphisias on it this year

the guy on Fairfields side killed us
and the back judge was just about as bad

I wish ol Chop would call
but he cant get up and down the field as good as ol Boudreaux

Chopblock
09-10-2007, 10:46 PM

I called out of Central Texas chapter for 10 years, good offiicals in chapter, depends on the crew

redfish961
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Robinson's D finds itself and performs well in its first home game while the offense begins to take flight.

Robinson 35
Kennedale 14

charlesrixey
09-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by redfish961
Robinson's D finds itself and performs well in its first home game while the offense begins to take flight.

Robinson 35
Kennedale 14

i think that's a good prediction--if that's how it ends up, then i think it validates them as a potential top ten team

rangerjoe33
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80

Do you mean overestimated the Bulldogs? If you were to have underestimated them that would mean they would suprise you if they won big correct?

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Kennedale's QB got hurt against Everman....they had their backup QB play last week...if he plays I like Kennedale...if he doesn't play I take Robinson
If "he" plays? He, being Barrett or he, being the backup? :confused: :confused:

redfish961
09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i think that's a good prediction--if that's how it ends up, then i think it validates them as a potential top ten team

I must confess that I haven't seen Kennedale play this year and therefore could be underestimating them.

I'm basing my prediction on the following items:

1) Last year's game at Kennedale, which was a close one.

2) What I think is Robinson's improved defense this year.

3) An improved running game, O-line, and passing threats (I honestly believe this QB is a more accurate passer than Kitchens was and has a good arm).

4) The game is being played at Robinson and a full house is pretty much a given (they have moved the band out of the stands due to ticket sales).

5) The possibility of Kennedale's starting QB not playing due to injury.

If Robinson can stay away from stupid mistakes (penalties), get a turnover or two, and feed off the crowd I really like Robinson's chances. The defense is capable of making plays and the offense has explosive potential, which should get better as each week goes by.

One thing I do like about Robinson's scheduling is that they don't normally play cream puffs. The stiff competition sometimes results in losses, lack of rankings, etc., but come district time, the kids are ready and seasoned.

And for those that want to point out Robinson's loss to Celina, well, it's Celina. Enough said.

ToroChingon
09-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Ferris(2-0) AT Farmersville(1-1) could be interesting!

charlesrixey
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ToroChingon

Ferris is 2-0, but they haven't really played anyone yet. If they beat Farmersville in farmersville, i think they could make a push for the playoffs (doesn't mean they would get in).

burnet44
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ToroChingon

tell Keith hi for me Robert
its hard for me to root for any one in this one
and ya cant tie
good luck to both
no injuries

sweetwater07
09-13-2007, 08:22 PM
do we have any robinson posters??

burnet44
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
naw lol
drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

redfish961
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
do we have any robinson posters??

At least one.

For those that are interested, here's an article from today's Waco Tribune about Robinson and the task of "replacing" Randy Kitchens.

http://www.wacotrib.com/prep/content/sports/highschools/stories/2007/09/14/09142007wacrobinson.html

burnet44
09-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Glen Rose (2-0)

at China Spring (2-0)

This is a good example of a DFW-area team being a tad inferior to its Central Texas counterparts.

Glen Rose has been a perennial playoff team in more northern districts, but the Tigers don’t seem to be up to 17-3A-level competition. Last season, for example, China Spring throttled Glen Rose, 38-13, in Glen Rose.

The Tigers then went on to tie West and Kennedale for the 12-3A championship.

Look for a big night from China Spring quarterback Dustin Eskew and his mates.

China Spring 44, Glen Rose 13

La Vega (2-0)

at Fairfield (0-2)

La Vega coach Willie Williams, not to mention just about everybody who loves football in Central Texas, is anxious to see Chris and Kourtney Parr back in action for the Pirates.

The coach has said repeatedly over the last two weeks that the Parr brothers have done everything required of them to get back on the field. Still, it’s out of Williams’ control.

“It’s in the UIL’s hands,” Williams said.

Fortunately for La Vega, the Pirates’ offense has proven capable in quarterback Danzel Wilson’s hands. Last week Wilson guided the Pirates to a 422-total-yard performance in a 34-0 victory over Groesbeck.

La Vega 34, Fairfield 14

#1 Mart (2-0)

at Groesbeck (1-1)

Mart and Groesbeck meet for the 90th time in one of Central Texas’ oldest and grandest rivalries.

However, second-year Mart coach Rusty Nail said he was unable to enjoy the charm of the long-standing series last season. An off-the-field problem resulted in Mart suspensions, which contributed to the Panthers’ 35-33 loss to the Goats.

Nail said his players haven’t obsessed about getting revenge for the Panthers’ only loss of 2006. He claims they’re wrapped up in the tradition of a rivalry that’s been going on for 90 years.

Mart has bigger objectives this season than avenging a nondistrict loss, but I still think the Panthers will be after some redemption tonight.

Mart 49, Groesbeck 7

Kennedale (2-0)

at Robinson (1-1)

Just like in the Glen Rose-China Spring matchup, I give the edge in this one to the 17-3A program over the one from 12-3A.

There’s a slight difference here in that Kennedale has been the district favorite in 12-3A the last two years.

Robinson’s running game started to churn last week as Keenan Alford rushed for 113 yards, while Seth Mogavero posted 200 all-purpose yards.

Like Midway, Robinson opens its home slate with this one. I expect a big show for the home fans.

Robinson 42, Kennedale 21

Lorena (1-1)

at West (1-1)

In a way, West and Lorena mirror each other so far. Both lost in Zero Week, both won last Friday.

West’s 39-13 Trojan-war victory over Troy was a bit more impressive than Lorena’s 9-7 defeat of Whitney.

But a win is a win, especially for a squad like the Leopards, who snapped a 10-game losing streak.

Lorena coach Ray Biles said the task gets tougher with West.

“They’re a very physical team, the most physical we’ve played,” he said. “They’re very stingy on defense and they’ll come at you from all over the field.”

West also has more proven players on offense, plus the home-field edge.

West 27, Lorena 18

rangerjoe33
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
second-year Mart coach Rusty Nail

Great name...

charlesrixey
09-14-2007, 08:31 PM
any updates on this one

redfish961
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Robinson 28

Kennedale 7

Final

redfish961
09-14-2007, 11:10 PM
My take on the game:

In the first half Kennedale did a good job of stopping Robinson's running game. Likewise, Robinson had a "bend but don't break" effort on defense. Kennedale fumbled a bad snap on a punt attempt from their own end zone. Robinson recovered.

7-0 Robinson

In the second half, Robinson was effective with the pass and the run. The Robinson defense played lights out and Kennedale was forced to work within it's 20 for a predominant portion of the second half. Robinson scored 3 TD's on running plays by Mogavero who ended up with 124 yds on 7 carries, I believe.Robinson also gave up a fumble on the Kennedale 2 yd line.

28-0 Robinson

Kennedale scored a running TD with roughly a minute left to complete the scoring.

28-7 Robinson

Robinson's special teams was superb with 2 punts being downed inside the 5 yd line. The first of these was a 60 yarder.

I don't think the game was as close as the score indicates and was pretty much over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

One interesting fact is that Kennedale had 24 first downs while Robinson only had 16.

burnet44
09-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Kennedale is good
lost their qb week 1
and that is hurting them
Passing game isnt much
but they are quick and play hard
If they can get the qb back and/or the TE that played qb last night develops
they will be tough

good to see ya redfish