PDA

View Full Version : Why not?? A top 5 poll this early.

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I can't do every option available. These are the six that make the most sense to me. No one get offended.

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I can't do every option available. These are the six that make the most sense to me. No one get offended.

The one with Gilmer in First of course. And where is Sweetwater? If you dont add them to the list be prepared for the onslaught....

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
The one with Gilmer in First of course. And where is Sweetwater? If you dont add them to the list be prepared for the onslaught....

I took that into consideration. I am manning the turrets and preparing for the melee. :D

JR2004
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I voted for the one with Gilmer first, but Royse City should've been somewhere in that option I would think.

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I voted for the one with Gilmer first, but Royse City should've been somewhere in that option I would think.

I know. Believe me that I'm looking forward to that third round match-up, should it take place. It's an early poll done mostly for fun.:)

JR2004
09-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I know. Believe me that I'm looking forward to that third round match-up, should it take place. It's an early poll done mostly for fun.:)

They may have to replace the scoreboard after the game if your boys meet up with them. I know I'm hoping that match-up takes place.

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 04:36 PM
They may have to replace the scoreboard after the game if your boys meet up with them. I know I'm hoping that match-up takes place.

That's football in Texas. When you beat another juggernaut, then you can lay claim to the title. What a monumental game that would be. I'll say Gilmer 103- Royse City 101 in 19 overtimes.:D

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I took that into consideration. I am manning the turrets and preparing for the melee. :D

Actually, there havent been many SWEETWATER posters on here as of late. Guess there isnt anything to talk big about this year.

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Actually, there havent been many SWEETWATER posters on here as of late. Guess there isnt anything to talk big about this year.

The Stangs will be fine this year. I just couldn't justify to myself putting them top 5 this early. Just my opinion though.

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
The Stangs will be fine this year. I just couldn't justify to myself putting them top 5 this early. Just my opinion though.

I dont think anyone could;)

JR2004
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll say Gilmer 103- Royse City 101 in 19 overtimes.:D

Nice conservative estimate there. :)

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Nice conservative estimate there. :)

Talk about a lack of defense. Two of the top offenses in the state just abusing each other's defense would be something to behold.

mustang04
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM

The whole...."sweetwater is GOOD" gig was somewhat funny LAST year....and now you are just playing the same thing like a broken record, you might consider getting new material!....go back and show me where sweetwater posters were demanding to be top 5......

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
The whole...."sweetwater is GOOD" gig was somewhat funny LAST year....and now you are just playing the same thing like a broken record, you might consider getting new material!....go back and show me where sweetwater posters were demanding to be top 5......

Yeah yeah. Havent we had this conversation already. And I will tell you like I have told others....If you dont like my posts, then please put me on ignore. Since I have been a member here there have been dozens of SWEETWATER people slamming anyone that disagreed with them. So dont give me the innocence act this time. And you may not have said anything about it this year, or ever, but some have. And sure they havent said anything about the top 5....in a couple of months. But that doesnt take away the years it has been here, nor the first few months of this year.

necks_c/09
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
i think it should be giddings, celina,gilmer, liberty hill, royse city

i picked the one with giddings in first.....

but i think celina should be in there

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i think it should be giddings, celina,gilmer, liberty hill, royse city

i picked the one with giddings in first.....

but i think celina should be in there

While I disagree with your opinion, I will defend, to the death, your right to have it sir.:D

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM

yeah right man...i'll be the first to tell you that i'd be happy with top 40..haha

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
yeah right man...i'll be the first to tell you that i'd be happy with top 40..haha

And ironically, I have Sweetwater ranked #40 in my personal poll.:D :D

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't like any of these options.

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
And ironically, I have Sweetwater ranked #40 in my personal poll.:D :D

hahaha...niiiiiiiice
i wouldn't expect much more after two weeks in a row over 40 points scored on them...maybe they will get it together before district....if not next year won't be bad..its a lot of youngins

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I wasn't real fond of them, either. :p

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Typical women!!!!

Ok! How about one just for the Sinton and Liberty Hill women??

1. Liberty Hill
2. Sinton
3. Liberty Hill
4. Liberty Hill
5. Sinton

How's that??

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Typical women!!!!

1. Liberty Hill
2. Sinton
3. Liberty Hill
4. Liberty Hill
5. Sinton

How's that??

ROFL! I don't like that either. We are not a top 5 team, but you already know that! :(

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
ROFL! I don't like that either. We are not a top 5 team, but you already know that! :(

Just trying to make you feel better about your crappy team Babydoll!!;)

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Typical women!!!!

1. Liberty Hill
2. Sinton
3. Liberty Hill
4. Liberty Hill
5. Sinton

How's that??
:hand: :hand: Sheesh......touchy are we? :p I just didn't like the "order", but I voted anyway. :p

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Just trying to make you feel better about your crappy team Babydoll!!;) No comment

*swoon* ;)

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
No comment

*swoon* ;)

:p :p :p :p :p You rock girl!!!

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM

See...that post was meant to be funny. Some took offense to it. Glad you can see the humor in that. :)

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:22 PM
See...that post was meant to be funny. Some took offense to it. Glad you can see the humor in that. :)

the ppl that got upset are probably still students there...its no big deal i got a sense of humor...i have too after the past two weeks...:p

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Giddings is looking the best, then Liberty Hill.

mustang04
09-09-2007, 07:24 PM

i didnt take offense to that...im just saying you need to get some new material

burnet44
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
1. Gilmer
2. Giddings
3. LH
4. Celina
5. Cuero

"Welcome to my little list"

its growing
has a lot of Forney, Rockdale, and Caldwell on it
and they aint beating no one

DU_stud04
09-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Giddings is looking the best, then Liberty Hill. have you seen either? or any of the other said top 5 teams?

ive always thought it was funny jus to go by numbers. the way teams look on paper and the way they look in person are two different things.

ill make my prediction when i see the other 2 said top 5 teams

Old Green
09-09-2007, 07:29 PM
1. Gilmer
2. liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Celina
5. Royse City

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
1. Gilmer
2. liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Celina
5. Royse City

quite a hurting Gilmer put on Tatum this past Friday..

Old Green
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
quite a hurting Gilmer put on Tatum this past Friday.. Sure was:thumbsup:

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM
1. Gilmer
2. liberty Hill
3. Giddings
4. Celina
5. Royse City

very nice OG

Old Green
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
very nice OG :blush:

Buckeye80
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
quite a hurting Gilmer put on Tatum this past Friday..

That game wasn't actually 71-28 close! It was more like a 84-7 type game. I know that sounds stupid. I'll just shut up.

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Sure was:thumbsup:

Cuero too...idk about that score...anyone else think that was a little much??

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Cuero too...idk about that score...anyone else think that was a little much?? what's wrong with it? it's never good to have that many points scored against you, but if your "D" can't stop the 2nd & 3rd string offense then how is that their fault?

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
what's wrong with it? it's never good to have that many points scored against you, but if your "D" can't stop the 2nd & 3rd string offense then how is that their fault?

i didn't think about that...was 2nd and 3rd string in??...because i was talking about keeping your starters in that long...possibility of getting hurt goes way up for no need

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:46 PM
i didn't think about that...was 2nd and 3rd string in??...because i was talking about keeping your starters in that long...possibility of getting hurt goes way up for no need i don't know for sure, but i seriously doubt the cuero coaches had their 1st string in the game late. maybe OG can answer your question better than i can.

Old Green
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
i don't know for sure, but i seriously doubt the cuero coaches had their 1st string in the game late. maybe OG can answer your question better than i can. Haven't really had any true starters yet except for the TE, QB, FB, And the offensive line. Our smallest Roster we've had in years (37 Players) compared to the 60 we usually have. Thru the 2 games this year tthe whole bench has played rotating in and out of the game. By the middle of the third QTR. the ones who did start are pulled.

sinton66
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll just shut up.

No you won't.:D

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
No you won't.:D

Yeah, no kidding. :D

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i didnt take offense to that...im just saying you need to get some new material

Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I dont really know much about sweetwater though. So that could be hard. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Giddings is looking the best, then Liberty Hill. Hutto is being overlook :doh:

burnet44
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Cuero cant play Sinton every week.

buff4life
09-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Hutto is being overlook :doh:

i believe Hutto is better than some thought they would be, but they took to many losses to be anywhere near the top 10 at this point, he have beat two VERY mediocre 4A teams at best, but i'll reserve judgement until i see them in person in Giddings in two weeks....

rockdale80
09-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Cuero cant play Sinton every week.

Guess you started cying again. What a flamer....:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
09-10-2007, 07:50 AM
I went w/ the:

LH, Cuero, Gilmer, Celina, Royce City pick.

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical women!!!!

1. Liberty Hill
2. Sinton
3. Liberty Hill
4. Liberty Hill
5. Sinton

How's that??
It actually should be:

1. Gilmer
2. Gilmer
3. Gilmer
4. Gilmer
5. Gilmer

Congrats on the spanking of a 2A team. Here's your cookie. :p
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/koekje6.gif

;) (J/K '80 :kiss: )

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It actually should be:

1. Gilmer
2. Gilmer
3. Gilmer
4. Gilmer
5. Gilmer

;) (J/K '80 :kiss: )

:evillol: :evillol: I'm sure it'll be another week or so before he actually sees this, but good job - that's funny!!! :clap: :D

hutex04
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Hutto beat Elgin which went 8-3 last year in 4a; and Dripping Springs which just beat Wimberly. Dont know how you can call them two slouches

lostaussie
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
It actually should be:

1. Gilmer
2. Gilmer
3. Gilmer
4. Gilmer
5. Gilmer

;) (J/K '80 :kiss: ) can i have a cookie too!!!!!!!!!!and some milk?

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
can i have a cookie too!!!!!!!!!!and some milk?
Sure..... ;)

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
I could not vote for those options. I think Cuero is good but it is hard to tell how good against weak opposition. I could place them at number 5 but no higher.

My top 5 now

Gilmer
Giddings
LH and Celina in a dead heat.
Cuero and Royce City in a dead heat.

Buckeye80
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
:evillol: :evillol: I'm sure it'll be another week or so before he actually sees this, but good job - that's funny!!! :clap: :D

Well, well!!! Somebody pop in sooner than expected and rain on you girls' parade?? Nobody is saying that Gilmer is the consensus #1 although they would beat Sinton by 70 (as long as our second and third stringers played).
I posted a simple, fair, and objective poll and asked for no "lip" in return for casting a vote. That was a simple enough task for a man to handle.

Now you two go make me a pie!!!:cool:

sinton66
09-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, well!!! Somebody pop in sooner than expected and rain on you girls' parade?? Nobody is saying that Gilmer is the consensus #1 although they would beat Sinton by 70 (as long as our second and third stringers played).
I posted a simple, fair, and objective poll and asked for no "lip" in return for casting a vote. That was a simple enough task for a man to handle.

See, told ya you wouldn't.:D

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Sheesh....I already gave you cookies. Now you want pie, too? :doh: Fine..... :p

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/appeltaart3.gif

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 10:54 PM

blah, blah, blah...:D

Buckeye80
09-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
See, told ya you wouldn't.:D

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

And I'll have buttermilk please.:p

buff4life
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
Hutto beat Elgin which went 8-3 last year in 4a; and Dripping Springs which just beat Wimberly. Dont know how you can call them two slouches

ok...well Elgin graduated ALOT, got a new head coach, AND played in the weak AISD district with the the weak 4A schools there, so good win not great win....also Wimberley is HORRIBLE compared to recent years, i'm not saying they're smithville quality, but below mediocre... i never said either 4A team was bad, just not good enough to base a top ten ranking on, but I agree the game with Giddings will be close, no doubt...

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
ok...well Elgin graduated ALOT, got a new head coach, AND played in the weak AISD district with the the weak 4A schools there, so good win not great win....also Wimberley is HORRIBLE compared to recent years, i'm not saying they're smithville quality, but below mediocre... i never said either 4A team was bad, just not good enough to base a top ten ranking on, but I agree the game with Giddings will be close, no doubt...
Just curious how the weak AISD district matches up with the HISD district that Kashmere is in? The Giddings win over the "HORRIBLE" Wimberley team didn't hurt Giddings ranking, from what I saw. :thinking: :thinking:

buff4life
09-11-2007, 03:54 PM
granted Kashmere wasn't good, i never said they were, but they made the playoffs last year...and they do have big kids and good athletes...i never said all of the AISD schools were weak, but Johnston Lanier and those schools that Elgin had to beat to get into the playoffs...BUT on that note i would pick Kashmere over those schools...

but your right...Giddings two games so far have proven nothing...Wimberley is not good this year and we beat Kashmere...we haven't had a true test yet

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
but your right...Giddings two games so far have proven nothing...Wimberley is not good this year and we beat Kashmere...we haven't had a true test yet I'm curious. In YOUR opinion when will Giddings face a "true test"??

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
granted Kashmere wasn't good, i never said they were, but they made the playoffs last year...and they do have big kids and good athletes...i never said all of the AISD schools were weak, but Johnston Lanier and those schools that Elgin had to beat to get into the playoffs...BUT on that note i would pick Kashmere over those schools...

but your right...Giddings two games so far have proven nothing...Wimberley is not good this year and we beat Kashmere...we haven't had a true test yet
Kashmere made the playoffs? Jerry's is showing them with 5-5 record. Now I'm more confused. :confused:

Now, so you know, I'm not saying that Giddings doesn't deserve their ranking.

sinton66
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

And I'll have buttermilk please.:p

If you get one from me, it'll be store bought, not home made. Prolly be pretty old too by the time I see you again.;)

buff4life
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Kashmere made the playoffs? Jerry's is showing them with 5-5 record. Now I'm more confused. :confused:

Now, so you know, I'm not saying that Giddings doesn't deserve their ranking.

could have happened like Giddings this year only nine games...but they did make the playoffs i am almost positive on that...

LH Panther Mom
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
could have happened like Giddings this year only nine games...but they did make the playoffs i am almost positive on that...
Last game was 11/10. It did stink for both Elgin and the Houston team that had to play Brenham - they took some serious butt-kickings. :eek: :eek: