PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Scott

wildstangs
09-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Guy played for Vernon a few years ago. Scored four TD's for ACU VS. Texas State.

KTA
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
he was the Jr college player of the year last year I think at Blinn. I dont think it was right they wouldnt let him play at WF Old High his SR year.....the boy has some wheels

Bull19
09-09-2007, 05:52 PM
good player, too bad his grades are crap. he could've have played anywhere esp after last year at blinn

wildstangs
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by KTA
he was the Jr college player of the year last year I think at Blinn. I dont think it was right they wouldnt let him play at WF Old High his SR year.....the boy has some wheels

I forgot the details of that...Why did he leave Vernon to begin with?

KTA
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
My best friend is his first cousin so this isnt a "through the grapevine" story. Heres the just sum of it...He was at a party, a few white kids started to use the N word and a fight occured. Well the kid who got beat up just happen to be the son of a board member. Benard got suspended from playing football (it happend at the end of his JR year) but the other kid didnt. So Benard decided to transfer to WF Old High (since his mom worked in WF anyways). Vernon's head coach even signed the transfer papers, with no problem and wished him well. So Benard finished his jr year at old high, and started his sr year there as well (going through 2-a-days and everything). Well the district decided to voted against him playing like 3 days before there first game....rumor has it 1 of the coachs from that district said "I dont want a 2000 yard rusher in our district". Why wait until then?

wildstangs
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the story KTA. I knew there was some trouble, but didn't remember the details. He is a great player, bet we will see him on Sundays if he stays out of trouble.

VERNONLION#1
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by KTA
My best friend is his first cousin so this isnt a "through the grapevine" story. Heres the just sum of it...He was at a party, a few white kids started to use the N word and a fight occured. Well the kid who got beat up just happen to be the son of a board member. Benard got suspended from playing football (it happend at the end of his JR year) but the other kid didnt. So Benard decided to transfer to WF Old High (since his mom worked in WF anyways). Vernon's head coach even signed the transfer papers, with no problem and wished him well. So Benard finished his jr year at old high, and started his sr year there as well (going through 2-a-days and everything). Well the district decided to voted against him playing like 3 days before there first game....rumor has it 1 of the coachs from that district said "I dont want a 2000 yard rusher in our district". Why wait until then?
That's what happened. Hey KTA I noticed that McCoy and Whiteside were not listed on the roster for ACU.

KTA
09-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I bet they are redshirting, no need to waste there talents...ya know

KTA
09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
3 Scott, Bernard RB 5-11 220 Jr. Vernon

Dang somebody has put some meat on his bones since the last time I seen him

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Bernard was one of the best high school running backs I have ever seen. He had God given talent to know where to run. Great vision. He has had some off the field troubles, but he is still in college and playing ball. As long as he can graduate it doesn't matter what his GPA is.

I will catch an ACU game this year to watch him.

Great football player.

KTA
09-09-2007, 11:22 PM
As long as he can graduate it doesn't matter what his GPA is.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

burnet44
09-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
good player, too bad his grades are crap. he could've have played anywhere esp after last year at blinn

that will be his downfall
football dont last 4 ever
and doors close before you get invited in
what if he dont play on sundays
whats wilbert montgomery doing now?

talent w/o self disipline is just wasted talent

I hope he makes it
but the odds are againt him
talent of not
and with no grades and problems
makes it just that much tougher

wildstangs
09-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
that will be his downfall
football dont last 4 ever
and doors close before you get invited in
what if he dont play on sundays
whats wilbert montgomery doing now?

I hope he makes it
but the odds are againt him
talent of not
and with no grades and problems
makes it just that much tougher

Actually I think Wilbert Montgomery is an assistant for an NFL team.

wildstangs
09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I was right - Detroit Lions

KTA
09-09-2007, 11:46 PM

I cant blame him, if I was at a party and a bunch of black dudes called me names like cracker and honkey I would of been fighting as well.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I cant blame him, if I was at a party and a bunch of black dudes called me names like cracker and honkey I would of been fighting as well.

BTW: I don't think that is how it went. I have heard this story different from what has been posted here.

Scott took this weeks Lone Star Conference Honors for ACU's win over Texas State.

He is a heck of a runner. Last guy out of ACU to the NFL went to Chicago two years ago (With their first pick in the draft) so it is not unheard of. Who knows maybe he will get a shot. I hope so because he is really that good.

Z~

Adidas410s
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
BTW: I don't think that is how it went. I have heard this story different from what has been posted here.

Scott took this weeks Lone Star Conference Honors for ACU's win over Texas State.

He is a heck of a runner. Last guy out of ACU to the NFL went to Chicago two years ago (With their first pick in the draft) so it is not unheard of. Who knows maybe he will get a shot. I hope so because he is really that good.

Z~

Don't forget about Dominic Rhodes. While he was undrafted out of Midwestern State...he went on to have a very productive career (so far) with the Colts before signing with the Raiders. He SHOULD have been named Super Bowl MVP as his performance ON THE FIELD in Miami was better than some guy named Manning. ;)

KTA
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM

Well considering where you live im sure there are about 1 million stories floating around.

VERNONLION#1 has heard the exact same thing as me, so I guess I cant be too far off...considering my source at that

injuredinmelee
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Don't forget about Dominic Rhodes. While he was undrafted out of Midwestern State...he went on to have a very productive career (so far) with the Colts before signing with the Raiders. He SHOULD have been named Super Bowl MVP as his performance ON THE FIELD in Miami was better than some guy named Manning. ;)
and he is suspended for what 4 games? And has been arrested what twice now since being in the NFL?

Adidas410s
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and he is suspended for what 4 games? And has been arrested what twice now since being in the NFL?
He's gone a lot further than most people expected when he was playing JuCo ball...

lion75
09-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I forgot the details of that...Why did he leave Vernon to begin with? He had some other issues in Vernon

burnet44
09-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Actually I think Wilbert Montgomery is an assistant for an NFL team.

Cool
I ment talent like Wilbert
Wilbert was great (unfortunatly vs us)
even with talent like Wilberts
personal troubles erase talent
no matter how good you are

GreenMonster
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Well the district decided to voted against him playing like 3 days before there first game....rumor has it 1 of the coachs from that district said "I dont want a 2000 yard rusher in our district". Why wait until then?

The only reason he left Vernon was so he could play football. He made no bones about this. That is against UIL rules. The other coaches in that district were well within their rights to decline to allow him to play. As for why they waited until after 2-a-days, that may have been when the district meeting was. Maybe he was ruled ineligible at the district meeting earlier and Old High was appealing the decision and kept him at practice. Who knows why. Bottom line is if the kid had not been a turd in Vernon he would have played for the Lions. The fight incident was just the straw that broke the camel's back. There were plenty of other issues with the Scott kid in Vernon before he was given his walking papers.

Bull19
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
There were plenty of other issues with the Scott kid in Vernon before he was given his walking papers.

I CAN BELIEVE THAT

KTA
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Why did Coach Hall sign his papers if he thought he was moving for athletic purposes then?

KTA
09-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing...its not like Rider hasnt had there share of new students that moved for athletic purposes......David Nelson!!!

Sweetwater Red
09-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Sweetwater had a RB that moved to WF because he thought he
should be a starter supposedly. At the time it was RB by commitee
in Sweetwater. He moved to WF for his Senior year. I never
heard anything else about him again.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-11-2007, 12:26 PM
His past is his past -- leave it at that. He has a bright future in Abilene at ACU and who knows maybe he will be able to take the next step to the NFL.

He is a great football player and I enjoyed watching him. Even though Graham beat us Scott's junoir year in Vernon!

lion75
09-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Why did Coach Hall sign his papers if he thought he was moving for athletic purposes then? It was Coach Blythe that was there then wasn't it?

lion75
09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
His past is his past -- leave it at that. He has a bright future in Abilene at ACU and who knows maybe he will be able to take the next step to the NFL.

He is a great football player and I enjoyed watching him. Even though Graham beat us Scott's junoir year in Vernon! He didn't play in the second half of that game because he ate a bunch of caffiene pills and got sick.

KTA
09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
He is a great football player and I enjoyed watching him. Even though Graham beat us Scott's junoir year in Vernon!

:p

It was Coach Blythe that was there then wasn't it?

Nope Coach Hall

He didn't play in the second half of that game because he ate a bunch of caffiene pills and got sick.

I dont seem to remember him not playing the 2nd half, that seems like something big I would remember.

lion75
09-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by KTA
:p

Nope Coach Hall

I dont seem to remember him not playing the 2nd half, that seems like something big I would remember. You better go back and look at some tape. I was there and people from Vernon were wanting to know what the heck was going on. The doctors wouldn't let him play is what we were told.