PDA

View Full Version : Who are your young(Fr.&So.) "players 2 watch"?

fridaynite4ever
08-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Just wondering, it'll be interesting to watch the progress of them as the season plays out. Freshman & Sophmores only, 1st yr. varsity.

hsguru
08-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Wylie's Tyler Crump. 6'4" 280 moves decent but uses his leverage well and will get stronger in time.

mojjo_1
08-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Jorden Patton and DeKendrick Gilder will start at safety and corner for Jasper.Both have good speed and Jorden will get some playing time at qb.

Bulldog92
08-22-2002, 08:12 PM
How is Mitchell looking for the Dogs? I know he had problems with his back...just curious how he's doing? Is the defense looking better?

everman_guy
08-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Everman's Marcus Jamison had a real productive scrimmage today. He looks like the real deal.

Swarm 51
08-23-2002, 12:55 AM
Ryan Hunter, sophomore center for the Gatesville Hornets. Played 6 man football in the 7th grade and then moved to Hornet land. We are glad his parents made the move. He looks very promising.

duckbutter
08-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Newton has a soph RB, Stephon Ethridge, that is a hoss. 6 ft 195 lbs 4.4 speed and great lateral movement. Barbay says this kid should be the best RB that Newton has ever had and we have had some pretty good ones in the past.

mojjo_1
08-23-2002, 10:23 AM
I know stephon he's a real talent. Seems taller than 6'. Jasper defense should be alot better this year. They have to adjust to the new coaches. Ricky Mitchell should be okay for the season. If not Jason or maybe Jorden will back him up.Jorden look good against Crosby.Will see what happens tonight against Nederland.

CowtownCarl
08-24-2002, 02:17 AM
I have a friend in Glen Rose that tells me they have a promising soph. at QB/DB and a another at RB/LB. He also notes they'll need all the "promising" things they can get their hands on this year. Around here, Lake Worth has some good looking kids coming up. Don't know any of these boys names or size/speed, sorry. Maybe someone can identify them. I wish them all an injury-free, enjoyable season.
PS, High School Football in Texas And Florida,.........A league of their own!

j_dog
08-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by mojjo_1:
Jorden Patton and DeKendrick Gilder will start at safety and corner for Jasper.Both have good speed and Jorden will get some playing time at qb.

Didn't Jorden Patton start some playoff games last year as a freshman? From what I heard, he probably has the potential that Mitchell has, perhaps even moreso. And he is only a sophomore. I expect that anyone thinking Jasper is going to have a weak defense is going to be in for a little surprise.

Wildcat2004
08-25-2002, 10:20 AM
I dont know about the Lake Worth boys. Cause we smashed them. We scored 9 Tds in 25 plays. Maybe they got some we didnt see.

beefy
08-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Burnet has some really good young lineman on their way up. Sophs clayton trahan (6'2" 250 varsity starter) Jacob Thomas ( 6'4" 260 varsity starter) look very impressive. Could be two future college boys if they continue to progress....

tigerfanman
08-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by CowtownCarl:
I have a friend in Glen Rose that tells me they have a promising soph. at QB/DB and a another at RB/LB. He also notes they'll need all the "promising" things they can get their hands on this year. Around here, Lake Worth has some good looking kids coming up. Don't know any of these boys names or size/speed, sorry. Maybe someone can identify them. I wish them all an injury-free, enjoyable season.
PS, High School Football in Texas And Florida,.........A league of their own!

I think the 2 players in question are
Justin Feaster (So. QB, 5'11", 180?)
Trevor Elliott (So. LB, 6'2", 190?)
Glen Rose lost some key lineman to injury & no-show, and they are learning a completely different offense. On the good side, they have a lot of return letters, excellent speed, and a lot of heart. Should be fun to watch.

mojjo_1
08-26-2002, 09:12 AM
Jorden Patton will be Jasper's qb for the next 2 season's.He could be the best.It looks like he'll start at safety this year.He looked good in the scrimage and put a good hit on the punter,that was heard all over the stadium.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Sophomore Orlando Ochoa will be one to look out for at Port Isabel. Maybe not this coming season, but the next two for sure.......natural athlete.

Otto Von Kloppen
08-26-2002, 06:34 PM
Charles Huffman a sophmore running back at Rice Consolidated will be someone to watch this year.

htownfbman
08-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Trey Jones from wharton is a player to watch for the next couple of years.

M.PIRATEFAN
08-26-2002, 10:37 PM
I have to say sop.Q.B. for Mathis. He was real calm in the pocket and was throwing the ball real well during the scrimmage this past Sat.I look to see him start playing at the end of the season before the playoffs.Also, is Desmond Sanders,Cornerback and pun returner. He hearing our for this guy,he will be a threat for the special teams.He is a hard hitter and quick hands.

Seawall D
09-03-2002, 01:19 PM
NAH I THINK THE PLAYER TO WATCH OVER IN PORT ISABEL IS JOHNNY "NITRO" NIETO HE IS STARTING FULLBACK, STARTING ROVER, STARTING ALL SPECIAL TEAMS AND HE IS ONLY A SOPHMORE. THE LAST PERSON I SAW DO THAT WAS JOEY LOERA HIS SOPHMORE YEAR. JOHNNY WILL BE A PLAYER TO WATCH ESPECIALLY CAUSE HE HAS HIS COUSIN # 79 STARTING EYE 2 ON THE SEAWALL.

c-town_balla
09-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Hey Cameron got two RB who are Soph. and one of them Shane Taylor is about #5 on the Austin Paper's list of leading rushers...

Crow22
09-04-2002, 09:05 AM
No doubt. Charles Huffman, Rice Consolidated is one to watch. This summer he took home the "fastest man" award at the Texas A&M football camp. He's a stud. (and one of the nicest kids you'll ever meet.)

Mister Lucci
09-04-2002, 08:19 PM
Carthage has an outstanding MLB. Davis Sherman he comes from a good ethnic Background Father ploayin at Baylor....Coby Lee a QB...his father being an all state QB...Hes 6'1 155.....Sherman is also a hell of a pulliung guard...Carthage also has a Half-Back running his forty in 4.53.Jason Teague.....Mind u as i may these are all freshmen stand outs

fridaynite4ever
09-13-2002, 01:18 AM
More post please!!

EAGLEBLUE
09-13-2002, 07:43 AM
From what I've read on this site for the past 2 weeks the whole freshman carthage team are the ones to watch. Guarannteed to win state. If you don't believe it just ask anyone of the carthage freshmen.

Pudlugger
09-13-2002, 10:11 AM
The Wolfe brothers, Dustin (freshman CB) and Danson (sophomore DE) are making some heads turn on the La Grange Defense. Small guys who really love to hit. La Grange is famous for these "football seeking missiles", small and fast, they go ballistic producing tremendous force(F=MA for you math types).