PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GotW(week 2)-- Port Isabel (1-1) @ Corpus Christi West Oso (2-0)

R4Editor
09-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Week 2 matchup should be a good test for the West Oso Bears against a Tarpons team with some speed. Bears will need to control the game clock with their ground game. Port Isabel wins in the Bears den in a close game.

Discuss who wins and why.

IHStangFan
09-09-2007, 09:42 AM
MAN....This should be a great game! I wish I could make it to this one! I really don't know who will come out on top, I think this one could go either way, but for no other reason than supporting D 30-3A I will take W.O. in a barn burner.

Johnny 5
09-09-2007, 11:33 AM
PI by 28

Because I gotta support my 32-3A peeps ;)

Go get em Tarps

footballgal
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
I am going to say PI 41 - WO 7 because of the following;

PIs run defense is showing improvement, every week I have watched them,(4wks) plus the secondary is very good,i.e. Db/WR J Delgado. The O line is improving as well, looks like they might have found their starters. The offense is very balanced, with the additon of a much improved passing game. (Tarp have some very good receivers, Maddox, J Delgado, Galacia, and some RBs with good hands too.) The passing game has opened up even more, an already great running game. West Oso problem is they usually don't have that many players to get them through all 4 qtrs. They do usually have a good atheletic team with some speed, but PI offense will be the difference on the scoreboard, IMO.

Someone fill me in if WO is much improved from last year.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 12:09 PM
West Oso has two running backs that were from New Orleans and both have been impressive early, Shedrick Howard and David Foxx either one of those guys can break a big play at any time. If Pi stops them then it shouldnt be a problem for PI to win going away.

footballgal
09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks SintonFaninAustin :)

Hey Rita do you think you can make this game it will be in Corpus Christi?

Reminds me I know how to get to CC to Buc stadium and Callen stadium but where does West Oso play?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

Reminds me I know how to get to CC to Buc stadium and Callen stadium but where does West Oso play? They have their own stadium. Its off NPID and exit Bear Lane. If u coming from Hwy 77 in Robstown take the Corpus Christi exit and get on SH 44 to Corpus Christi and when u come up to Padre Island Drive take the right exit to SPID and the Bear lane exit either be the first or second exit after u get on NPID.

IHStangFan
09-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I am going to say PI 41 - WO 7 because of the following;

PIs run defense is showing improvement, every week I have watched them,(4wks) plus the secondary is very good,i.e. Db/WR #9James Delgado. The O line is improving as well, looks like they might have found their starters. The offense is very balanced, with the additon of a much improved passing game. (Tarp have some very good receivers, #6 Maddox, #9 J Delgado #12 Galacia, and some RBs with good hands too.) The passing game has opened up even more, an already great running game. West Oso problem is they usually don't have that many players to get them through all 4 qtrs. They do usually have a good atheletic team with some speed, but PI offense will be the difference on the scoreboard, IMO.

Someone fill me in if WO is much improved from last year. WOW...41 to 7? I know PI is good...but dang

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:04 PM
i really like PI uniforms

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Reminds me I know how to get to CC to Buc stadium and Callen stadium but where does West Oso play?

I am seriously entertaining going to at least the 1st half since it is our bye week, but I'm going to Sweetwater on Saturday and that would mean I'd have to leave LATE Friday night or early Saturday morning. I don't do early morning. :eek:

I'll let you know.

Hate rooting against a district 30 team, but I love the Tarpons in this game! :thumbsup:

footballgal
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Well let me know if you are Rita- I will PM you with my Phone number. Maybe you can sit with me or Yankee if he's going.

pirate4state
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Well let me know if you are Rita- I will PM you with my Phone number. Maybe you can sit with me or Yankee if his going. For sure. Always good seeing you & Pete! :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i really like PI uniforms

They don't have the "2 stripes on the shoulderpads" thingy anymore.

The home blues are solid blue with "Tarpons" in the front, as usual. The classic "old school" look. I like it.

footballgal
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Most teams in our district get new/different uni all the time, but PI keeps it pretty simple. They are always pretty plain. I would like them to have some silver pants (Silver Tarpons) or even some black pants or something like that. But hey, bottom line it doesn't matter what they wear, as long as they win. :)

footballgal
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW...41 to 7? I know PI is good...but dang

Well who really knows the outcome of a game, but I hope I end up knowing what I am talking about. lol :D

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
They don't have the "2 stripes on the shoulderpads" thingy anymore.

The home blues are solid blue with "Tarpons" in the front, as usual. The classic "old school" look. I like it.

yeah i like that color blue...its really unique....almost neon to me...

Fal44
09-09-2007, 10:13 PM
32-14

PI Wins...

Old Green
09-09-2007, 10:45 PM
PI. Too many skilled players for WO to contain.

Maroon87
09-10-2007, 12:34 PM
PI wins, 35-21.

piratebg
09-10-2007, 05:41 PM
BEWARE THE HOWLING BEAR

footballgal
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Thank you Phil! :D

piratebg
09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I just thought I'd beat him to the punch. :D

99IHSMustang
09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
PI may be too much for the Bears, but it should be a good game.

Ranger354
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Da Bears!

I think they will be the 2nd place team in 30-3A. Just my 2 cents.

Bull Butter
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
They may very well be 2nd in 30-3A(although i think that will be OG). That doesn't mean they are better than the Tarpons

11TARPON
09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Tarpons 21 -7 because they're expecting rain Thur and Fri. in Corpus, otherwise the Tarpon could score in the 30's and win by two tds.

scott Wilson
09-12-2007, 11:10 AM
West Oso does have a much improved team and District 30-3A will be a battle for about 4-5 teams. Ingleside, OG,WO,Sinton(the first two losses were against perenial powerhouses),and Mathis as a darkhorse. With that said, PI has a lot of size on the line and still some speedy backs. If PI can (and should) control the ground game, they win by 25. Oso will tire out due to depth. That`s just my opinion. Hope it`s a good game.

footballgal
09-12-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the insight Mr. Wilson, much appreciated :)

Looks like they will be a great district race in 30-3A as well.

Phil C
09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
BEWARE THE HOWLING BEAR

Actually it should be BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!!!

:)

nfcfan
09-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Should be a close 1st half, wouldn't be surprised it was tied at 14 at halftime... with PI taking over in the 2nd half...

34 PI
21 WO

Defensively, PI is still questionable, granted PI did great against Raymondville holding them to a single score for most of the game... but before that PI had not held anyone to less than 4/5 TDs in their scrimmages and in their first game.

Hopefully, PI continues what seemed a big improvement and brings the same defensive performance it did in its 2nd game.

;)

footballgal
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Ahh what are you talking about newbi! lol j/k :D

I thought you already had an account here??

nfcfan
09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
i tried logging in, but it wasnt recognized :(

so i'm starting all over again :p

so 'newbies' can't have avatars?

I got some clips of the EE vs PI 1st game, but i was rusty in filming so... when PI was making a big run... i totally went with the crowd, stood up and cheered on, but the camera wasn't on the player anymore, LOL

It's a shame cause we had some nice plays! :(

footballgal
09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Nope - I forget how many post you have to have to be able to upload one. I know it took me a while - and look how long I have been here.

footballgal
09-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by nfcfan
...I got some clips of the EE vs PI 1st game, but i was rusty in filming so... when PI was making a big run... i totally went with the crowd, stood up and cheered on, but the camera wasn't on the player anymore, LOL

It's a shame cause we had some nice plays! :(

HA! that happened to me to - so I gave up and stopped. I am getting a little better though, not much but better. But, I am sure to take some for this game since I know the RGV won't go up there and cover it. I put up a couple on youtube from last week, the the good ones 1st drive I couldn't upload because of the size I suppose.

piratebg
09-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Nope - I forget how many post you have to have to be able to upload one. I know it took me a while - and look how long I have been here.

1500 I believe.

scott Wilson
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
No rain in the forecast as Humberto took it all to Louisiana. Field should be in good shape as we`ve had lot`s of rain like the rest of the State. After watching a little tape of WO and Remembering Port I from last year`s playoff game, I ammend my prediction to Port I by 10. They still win, But I think West Oso has the speed edge in the backfield. As always, it boils down the the hoss` up front and that goes to Port I. Hope everyone stays healthy and should be a good game. Also, Who else is a power in the district with Port Isabel? Is it Raymondville or are they 4A? Thanks for any answer.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Raymondville is actually in District 31, not 32 like they were in the past, and they're picked to win that district too.

And regarding last year's OG vs. PI matchup, I was there too. A lot of mistakes PI made were because of inexperience. Most of that team were Sophs and Juniors, and it showed in the number of dumb penalties. This year's group is much more polished than the team PI had last year.

IMHO, this game will be a track meet, at least in the first half. PI SHOULD be able to pull away in the 2nd half simply due to more depth. IIRC West Oso doesn't suit very many players, if that still holds true, then the lack of depth will hurt them.

I'll take PI in this one, something along the lines of 42-28 in favor of Port Isabel.

scott Wilson
09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Don`t get me wrong, I know Port I will be tough. Too me, in the past if WO gets down, they go down big. Another words, if you jump on them early, I then think it will be a rout. If you keep them close, they have a chance. Good Luck to both teams.

sotxrat
09-13-2007, 07:40 PM
PI should take this. This will be a good test to find out what WO really has. The second and fourth quarters will be interesting to say the least, testing WO depth. I would like to see WO win but I am realist. Good luck to both teams, no injuries and safe traveling.

footballgal
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
They have their own stadium. Its off NPID and exit Bear Lane. If u coming from Hwy 77 in Robstown take the Corpus Christi exit and get on SH 44 to Corpus Christi and when u come up to Padre Island Drive take the right exit to SPID and the Bear lane exit either be the first or second exit after u get on NPID.

Thanks for the directions SintonFan_inAustin, I just printed this out.

:)

footballgal
09-14-2007, 09:15 AM
PI vs Raymondville Video clip by Valley Morning Star.

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/param_9635___article.html/http_embed.html

R4Editor
09-14-2007, 06:50 PM
i will attend this game, good luck to both teams.