PDA

View Full Version : Spin off from RIV PotW thread

Bull Butter
09-08-2007, 08:11 PM
A friend of mine from Lyford told me that Rio Hondo kept their starters in the game until the final 4 minutes. Totally unnecssary in a 58-13 ball game.

Not to take anything away from the Rio Hondo kid, but it seems this same type of thing also happened last year, the coach keeping his starters in the waning moments of blowout wins in order to "pad the stats".

By the same token, Nolan Nunez was done for the night once PI went up 34-6 with 2 min. left in the 3rd.

Johnny 5
09-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
A friend of mine from Lyford told me that Rio Hondo kept their starters in the game until the final 4 minutes. Totally unnecssary in a 58-13 ball game.

Not to take anything away from the Rio Hondo kid, but it seems this same type of thing also happened last year, the coach keeping his starters in the waning moments of blowout wins in order to "pad the stats".

By the same token, Nolan Nunez was done for the night once PI went up 34-6 with 2 min. left in the 3rd.

RH does that when the refs are playing the game for the opposing team.

RH did that last year against St. Joseph as well.

To prove the point, last week against Weslaco East, RH took out the starters near the end of the third.

Bull Butter
09-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Oooooooh, let's teach 30 and 40 year old football officials a lesson by humiliating a bunch of 17 and 18 year-old kids.

Nice.

Attention SFOA Officals----- If you make bad calls against Rio Hondo, they will retaliate by running up the score on a lesser team.

Johnny 5
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Oooooooh, let's teach 30 and 40 year old football officials a lesson by humiliating a bunch of 17 and 18 year-old kids.

Nice.

Attention SFOA Officals----- If you make bad calls against Rio Hondo, they will retaliate by running up the score on a lesser team.

So it is fair for a ref to make bad calls?

If a kid on the opposing team is continually tackling after the RH kid is out of bounds, and no flag is being thrown, how do you fix that? That was the case last year at St. Joe.

If the opposing QB is falling down when no one is around, and the ref is calling roughing, because he turns around and the QB is on the ground, how do you fix it?

If the refs are calling holding on RH when no one is even blocking, and yet the opposing team is holding RH's D-line's hands, trying to hold them back, and nothing is called . . . how do you fix that?

RH's answer is to keep piling it on.

Yes, some 15-18 year olds will have their hearts trampled, but on the other hand, some 15-18 year olds will have their hearts boosted.

Edit: And Jacob only made a few short runs in the 4th. It was mostly Trevo David and Josh Rodriguez that ran in the 4th. So his stats were not padded

big daddy russ
09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Johnny 5, just put down the shovel. That hole's getting deep.