PDA

View Full Version : A&M 47 Fresno State 45, 3 OTs

JR2004
09-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Looks like this game should have a good finish! Fresno has outscored them 22-3 since falling behind 19-0.

Sweetwater96
09-08-2007, 05:33 PM
A&M is not playing well at all in the 2nd half (THROW the ball, geez). You cant sit on the ball the entire 2nd half and expect to win.

(Im tired of expecting more from A&M, it gets OLD)

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
WOW...That's all I can say after that last defensive possession by A&M. That's the Gary Darnell that I know right there rearing his ugly head.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Officials get to determine this one with this call coming up. A&M should win on this call.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:18 PM
OH MY GOSH...WOW did the officials blow that one.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Now the official is checking this one again. Maybe they'll get it right. That's a fumble. No question about it.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:23 PM
WOW WOW WOW...And the call just got crazier. Now there is a personal foul against A&M so the fumble never happened.

VAMike
09-08-2007, 06:24 PM
The fumble did happen but since there was a PF for roughing the passer, the penalty is enforced from prev spot with a 1st down for Fresno STate

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Something no one is talking about

If the offical blew him down/out of bounds..then the fumble I THOUGHT that meant play over..because ONCE the offical calls him out it is like calling a guy down before he fumbled, even if he fumbled because the play is considered dead once the offical signals player down or out of bounds

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
The fumble did happen but since there was a PF for roughing the passer, the penalty is enforced from prev spot with a 1st down for Fresno STate

I know. I'm just saying the fumble didn't matter due to that personal foul.

These officials are really screwing up what's been a wild 2nd half and now overtime.

VAMike
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
The covering official did not signal that the runner was OOB until the ball had been fumbled so there was no inadvertent whistle that I could see. You are correct though that is initial rulingis the runner is OOB it is not reviewable. Not sure what the initial ruling was.

THey might have an out though on the review as they could say they were reviewing to see if he broke the plane of the goal line before going OOB or losing the ball

ILS1
09-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm not an Aggie fan. But the Aggies got HOSED!!! That was a fumble and touch back and it should be GAME OVER!!! Didn't look much a personal foul to me. But it is a judgment call!!!!

:mad: :mad:

charlesrixey
09-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I know. I'm just saying the fumble didn't matter due to that personal foul.

These officials are really screwing up what's been a wild 2nd half and now overtime.

that was some of the worst referee action ever

the call was announced as overturned twice!

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 06:32 PM
The covering official did not signal that the runner was OOB until the ball had been fumbled so there was no inadvertent whistle that I could see. You are correct though that is initial rulingis the runner is OOB it is not reviewable. Not sure what the initial ruling was.

But once the offical calls for the stoppage of the clock saying the guy went out of bounds then it is IMO like an inadvertant whistle..everyone stopped..You cant assume the defensive player does the right thing and falls on ball in endzone

VAMike
09-08-2007, 06:34 PM
There is no clock in OT but he did not signal to stop it anyway

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
There is no clock in OT but he did not signal to stop it anyway

Yes he did he raised his hands and marked the spot where he thought the guy had went out..which means a 90% chance he blew his whistle

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Franchione being employed after the 2007 season with A&M is on the line now if they don't match this touchdown.

VAMike
09-08-2007, 06:38 PM
That was done after the ball was already picked up in the ebdzone. He hesitated as he clearly wa snot sure what he had either

bulldogman06
09-08-2007, 06:39 PM
wow, this is pathetic, why are we playin like this?

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 06:42 PM
That was done after the ball was already picked up in the ebdzone. He hesitated as he clearly wa snot sure what he had either

The marking was..but when was the whitsle blew..I was just amazed it was not brought up by the broadcast crew at all..When the whistle was blown would be the key

Emerson1
09-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Alot of empty seats

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Alot of empty seats

A whole lot of them.

VAMike
09-08-2007, 06:48 PM
"Luckily" there was a penalty on the play so that made the whistle kind of immaterial anyway

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 06:50 PM
"Luckily" there was a penalty on the play so that made the whistle kind of immaterial anyway

true..unless The Offical made the wrong call overturning it then it would have hurt Fresno St

JR2004
09-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Fresno is just flat out worn out on defense. However the longer this game goes, the worse this looks for A&M and the Big XII.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Best game of this early season no matter what happens on this 2 point conversion.

JR2004
09-08-2007, 07:02 PM
And mercifully it ends for A&M. I kinda get the feeling that those who have been calling for Franchione's head on a silver platter are only going to get louder after today despite the win.

ILS1
09-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Justice has been served!!! LOL!!!

:D :D

Txbroadcaster
09-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

How was justice served?

JR2004
09-08-2007, 07:07 PM
And if an Aggie fan could enlighten me on this I'd appreciate it. How is it possible that A&M can still not throw the forward pass with any consistency? I think it was what 77 yards for the game today? That's just mind-boggling to me that they still can't get that figured out.

hawkfan
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
And if an Aggie fan could enlighten me on this I'd appreciate it. How is it possible that A&M can still not throw the forward pass with any consistency? I think it was what 77 yards for the game today? That's just mind-boggling to me that they still can't get that figured out.

Either bad recievers or good coverage by FS. Last year, Mcgee couldn't wait to scramble. I don't think I saw him scramble once today. He was in the pcoket all day long.

wookinpanub
09-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Hmmm, somebody else is losing 10-6

A&M should fire Dennis and hire his son, Brad, who won the national title at Blinn, for God's sake!

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 09:16 PM
A win is a win.

What I want to see is how A&M fans respond when they loose to Miami. Especially since Miami was spanked by OU.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-08-2007, 09:45 PM

I as a player can't even explain it.....McGee can throw the ball, there is no doubt about it, and the line is pass blocking well for the most part, but there have been some dropped balls and even some balls that weren't thrown well, so I don't know, I really don't.

JR2004
09-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I as a player can't even explain it.....McGee can throw the ball, there is no doubt about it, and the line is pass blocking well for the most part, but there have been some dropped balls and even some balls that weren't thrown well, so I don't know, I really don't.

Well not being able to see what the safeties were doing due to watching the game on TV leaves me to only guess how that affected McGee and the decisions he made throwing the ball.

However here's what I have seen and this is perplexing to me. Through two games this year he is 22 of 43 for 189 yards and only had 77 yards TOTAL today through the air. To put those numbers into context, A&M averaged 190 yards per GAME last season throwing the ball. They did almost nothing to get Bennett involved in the game in the 2nd half and passes downfield to the WR's have almost become non-existent. It's as though the offensive staff has no trust in McGee whatsoever to let him try and get that ball down the field more often.

The kid knows how to throw the ball around the field, but for whatever reason it's not happening. Even though I'm a Horns fan, I refuse to believe that they don't have a capable downfield threat on the roster. They aren't bringing in recruits from Sister Mary's School for the Athletically Challenged at the WR or TE position.

The line didn't look like it was having problems protecting him when he did pass against Fresno, but for some reason McGee still seems to get some happy feet in the pocket. That's something he had a problem with back in high school when I saw him play and it's something I would have thought the coaches at A&M would've had fixed by now. A&M's ground attack was very strong, as it should be against a porous and outmanned defensive front, but that passing game is going to wind up killing them against the tougher opponents on the schedule. If I were an Aggie fan (Or Martellus Bennett right now) I'd be pretty pissed about how the offense is being run.

wookinpanub
09-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Fran is going down

..... and its about damn time

navscanmaster
09-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Did the Ags even throw 5 passes in the second half? I don't have any fingernails left after this game. I think the TV actually cried because it thought I was insulting it. WOW, I am all Aggie but they have GOT to throw the ball downfield. It did not happen even ONCE today! Not a single throw downfield! We are not the old Nebraska teams of the 90's, where 400 yards rushing is a goal for one half of a football game. The second half was like watching a bunch of drones out there wearing Aggie uniforms until POOF!, a running game reemerged right at the last possible moment that the game could be salvaged!
All I can say is that the Aggies had better remember what controlling the line is on both sides of the ball, and that the offensive coordinator should open up the part of his play book marked PASS. You can say that after that last drive, who needs the pass, but it will come back to bite the Ags against the Big12 and even Miami.
That said, they won, good game guys, get it together and beat the Hell out of Lousiana Monroe! WHOOP!

Oh yeah, good morning Horns, I see you overslept. But waking up at noon is better that missing work all together!

burnet44
09-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
that was some of the worst referee action ever

you should have been in Fairfield Friday night

burnet44
09-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
A win is a win.

true that

The Horns and the Corps won
and thats the name of the game
win
ask Mich I Gone
the Corps came closest to losing
Both still have problems
Better but a long way from where they want to be
Linemen are not as good as in the past
but are developing on the job training

Phil C
09-09-2007, 08:06 AM
I have seen McGee pass in high school and he can pass. I don't know if the Aggies don't have plays set up for him to pass or what the problem is but he has the potential to be a good passer.
The Fresno State player blew it when he tried to stretch the ball over the goal line and fumbled. Sometimes you have to be alert and go out of bounds short of the goal. They could have had first and goal from the one and a good chance to win the game. That is why coaches say to secure the ball at all times. Vince made me nervous when he held out the ball but that was usually when there was no one around plus he had control. Also he was Vince. :)

Darren
09-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
How was justice served?

The correct call was finally made in the end.

The intent of the reply is getting the call correct you are arguing semantics.

Even though it took forever they got the call right.

rockdale80
09-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

The commentators were talking about his shoulder still bothering him possibly. That kid can fly though. I didnt understand some of the play calls either, but then again I am just an armchair QB. Good win Aggies.

JDOG
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
The commentators were talking about his shoulder still bothering him possibly. That kid can fly though. I didnt understand some of the play calls either, but then again I am just an armchair QB. Good win Aggies. Good Win? Mercy, the sights aren't high at A&M if that was a good win!

luvhoops34
09-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Good Win? Mercy, the sights aren't high at A&M if that was a good win!

A W is a W....:D

big daddy russ
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
Good Win? Mercy, the sights aren't high at A&M if that was a good win!
I could be worse. The Ags could've lost to a I-AA squad and then got thrashed by a middle-of-the-road PAC-10 team.

JDOG
09-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I could be worse. The Ags could've lost to a I-AA squad and then got thrashed by a middle-of-the-road PAC-10 team. True. But the Big 12 needs to step it up.