PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Game of the Week (2): Abilene Wylie @ Graham

KTA
09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
What are your thoughts about this week's game?

DU_stud04
09-08-2007, 03:09 PM
sounds like graham hasnt been playing up to par yet. wylie always will bring their a game. if graham shows up itll be a close game . if not i see wylie winning by 2 touchdowns.

thewyliefan
09-08-2007, 03:26 PM
wylie by 21

VERNONLION#1
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM
I am going to say Abilene Wylie by 10. If Graham's offense can put some pts. on the board then they may have a chance.
Just wondering. I thought the moderators done the Game of the week thread?

KTA
09-08-2007, 03:49 PM
If Graham clicks on all cylinders Graham should win, if they play like they have the last 5 quarters it could be really ugly. But im guessing its a pretty safe bet to say they didnt want to show too much knowing Wylie had scouts at the last two games watching them.

VERNONLION#1
09-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by KTA
If Graham clicks on all cylinders Graham should win, if they play like they have the last 5 quarters it could be really ugly. But im guessing its a pretty safe bet to say they didnt want to show too much knowing Wylie had scouts at the last two games watching them.
What is Graham is doing different than last season besides throwing the football?

KTA
09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Just wondering. I thought the moderators done the Game of the week thread?

They do, but they missed last weeks game horribly (it was obvious it was Graham/Clyde) considering IP got beat by ARGYLE, while Wylie barely lost to Brownwood, so I figured I would give them a lil help this week. Please show me a better match up in region one!

KTA
09-08-2007, 03:55 PM
they are running the football ALOT more then last year.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 03:55 PM
I think AW wins. Graham plays solid D but it seems the O is a little off. AW put some points on IP but IP is a little weak for them this year. I don't think Clyde's d is that great tho. AW by a couple.

Cameron Crazy
09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
wylie by 21 This makes me laugh

thewyliefan
09-08-2007, 04:00 PM
you must be easily entertained

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
This makes me laugh

Hey Cameron, I like Graham too. But I think AW is better than everyone has been thinking. Good game probably a lower scoring game 28 14 21 14 type game. I am going with AW.

Stownhorse
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
This makes me laugh

You wont be laughin when it happens lol :D

VWG
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Good matchup, Sandifer and McCoy.
Graham's defense has two shutouts. I don't care who you have played, that is impressive.
Wylie, on the other hand, is putting points on the board against a good 4A Brownwood team and IP.
Too close to call, but look at the history between these two schools. Always a hard fought game.

KTA
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
im just glad this game isnt being officiated by that Abilene chapter:foul:

NDFootball
09-08-2007, 06:28 PM
gotta go with wyliefan

Little McCoy will be facing a much better team than last go around

KTA
09-08-2007, 07:08 PM
my only worries is in the last 2 games Graham hasnt been able to stop the run in 1st half. That and the WR's drop too many balls.

MarginalTalent
09-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Little McCoy has not thrown the ball too well either, particularly to the right side of the field. The offense has been too predictable ... You can look at the formation and pretty much know whether its a pass or run. And does Graham ever throw over the middle? The only reason to have a safety against the Steers is to stop the run. I support the Steers, but for a spread offense, we lack a lot of creativity. We have got to play defense the whole game and not just the second half or inside the 10 yard line. Abilene Wylie will make us pay if we do!

That said, if the passing game clicks, Holub continues to run over people and the defense plays a whole game, Graham wins.

KTA
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
does Graham ever throw over the middle?

THANK YOU!!!! I thought I was the only one who noticed this, throwing a quick 3 yard slant (that did not work the only 2 times they tried it last week) does not count as throwing over the middle in my book.

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Wylies should roll Graham....that defense of Wylie's is too fast for Mccoy....i predict 4 picks..lol

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2007, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sweetwater07
Wylies should roll Graham....that defense of Wylie's is too fast for Mccoy....i predict 4 picks..lol [/QUOTE

What an idiot

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sweetwater07
Wylies should roll Graham....that defense of Wylie's is too fast for Mccoy....i predict 4 picks..lol [/QUOTE

What an idiot

whats the use of namecalling man?..its my opinion that Graham will not be prepared for a team of Wylie's caliber....
don't get offended...it shows your immaturity...:D

Mustangpride09
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
AW by 21.

sweetwater07
09-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
AW by 21.

:D ....i concur..aren't you glad your not playing this year?

KTA
09-09-2007, 08:18 PM
4 Picks??? Come on now, thats pretty rediculas for anybody:rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by KTA
4 Picks??? Come on now, thats pretty rediculas for anybody:rolleyes: Yeah, some people are pretty stupid.

injuredinmelee
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
I think this will be a close game. I cant judge Graham completely having only seen their zero week game but two things stood out to me:
1. Lack of team speed.
2. McCoy was not very accurate

However Wylie has never ever ever ever ever been a team that can shut down a passing attack. I can see lots of stuff being completed over the middle short or quick screens to the wideouts and to the slot. Keeping constant pressure on McCoy will be crucial and disguisin some coverages and blitzes to confuse the young guy. I still stand by my assessment that the younger McCoy will be the most accomplished of the brothers when it is all said and done.

The game will come down to turnovers and mental errors. I think Wylie will have less of those and wins it.

Matthew328
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Abilene Wylie by 10

thewyliefan
09-09-2007, 11:20 PM
some of you people act like 4 picks cant happen. but since everyone says 4 is too much, ill go w/ 3:)

sweetwater07
09-10-2007, 12:12 AM
some of you people act like 4 picks cant happen. but since everyone says 4 is too much, ill go w/ 3:)

lol i post was more of a joke....not 4 picks but i expect at least 1....he wasn't accurate at all against Greenwood and Wylie's D is better than Greenwoods for sure

Rooster#70
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
As you can see by my total number of post, I spend most of my time on 3adownlow reading the many interesting post without replying or posting threads. Some post or of good content, some are pure entertainment because of how stupid the post or person is. KTA- I had the assignment of watching Graham the last 2 weeks. If the refs were horrible against Clyde, it was towards Clyde. Carmen Crazy- cheap shots? The only cheap shots I saw was the pure embarrassment to high school football by the Graham QB. Against Greenwood I saw him flop around on the ground and trying to kick a Greenwood player. Against Clyde, after a play had been blown dead he jog and bumped into 2 Clyde players and fell down. Of course McCoy was on the field before the QB fell down like it was staged. Graham had to take an injury timeout. He looked like a basketball player trying to get a charge. The QB also picked up a ball that had been batted in his face and took off running at least 3 seconds after the whistle blew. Some Clyde players did grab him and a Graham Olineman got in the cheap shot. Things almost got out of control. And of course, where was McCoy- right in the middle of it. That stuff won’t work this week against Hugh.

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by KTA
im just glad this game isnt being officiated by that Abilene chapter:foul: Me TOO!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Rooster#70
That stuff won’t work this week against Hugh.

Ya, he'll be in the ear of the ref as soon as he walks on the field. It cracks me up to watch him.

I'll take Wylie by 20.

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Rooster#70
As you can see by my total number of post, I spend most of my time on 3adownlow reading the many interesting post without replying or posting threads. Some post or of good content, some are pure entertainment because of how stupid the post or person is. KTA- I had the assignment of watching Graham the last 2 weeks. If the refs were horrible against Clyde, it was towards Clyde. Carmen Crazy- cheap shots? The only cheap shots I saw was the pure embarrassment to high school football by the Graham QB. Against Greenwood I saw him flop around on the ground and trying to kick a Greenwood player. Against Clyde, after a play had been blown dead he jog and bumped into 2 Clyde players and fell down. Of course McCoy was on the field before the QB fell down like it was staged. Graham had to take an injury timeout. He looked like a basketball player trying to get a charge. The QB also picked up a ball that had been batted in his face and took off running at least 3 seconds after the whistle blew. Some Clyde players did grab him and a Graham Olineman got in the cheap shot. Things almost got out of control. And of course, where was McCoy- right in the middle of it. That stuff won’t work this week against Hugh.

Good Post Rookie, The McCoys have always loved being the center of attention. Don't know that I've ever been to McCoy coached football game were he didn't end up out on the field ( at least to the hash marks), putting on a show. He always has to glance up into the stands to make sure everyone saw him. All his sons are good players, and Colt has some class. But the other two are a little to cocky and like to put on a show, especially the youngest. Can't wait for Friday, because it should be one heck of a show.

injuredinmelee
09-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Good Post Rookie, The McCoys have always loved being the center of attention. Don't know that I've ever been to McCoy coached football game were he didn't end up out on the field ( at least to the hash marks), putting on a show. He always has to glance up into the stands to make sure everyone saw him. All his sons are good players, and Colt has some class. But the other two are a little to cocky and like to put on a show, especially the youngest. Can't wait for Friday, because it should be one heck of a show.

I agree with everything you said about Brad McCoy. He did impress me last year when he made his player come over and apologize during the injusry timeout to the kicker and to Sandifer after he cheap shot Bryce after a EP.

Ranger Mom
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by VERNONLION#1
I thought the moderators done the Game of the week thread?

Just a clarification.....I am the mod with the most "seniority" and I have NEVER done a GOTW!

LHPM did it the past couple of years when no one else wanted to.

All 4 Regions have a Region Coordinator now and THEY are responsible for the GOTW this season!!

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I agree with everything you said about Brad McCoy. He did impress me last year when he made his player come over and apologize during the injusry timeout to the kicker and to Sandifer after he cheap shot Bryce after a EP.

Actually, the cheap shot was on the holder #11, not Bryce. The act of making his player apologize was a good one, but he didn't have to walk all the out in the MIDDLE of the field, get in the kids face for about a minute and then practically walk him over to the Wylie sideline. He even waited till Coach Sandifer had his whole team huddle up before he made him go apologize, heck the kid couldn't even find the guy he was suppose to be apologizing to. Like I said, making the kid apologize was a good jester, but I thought he publically showed the kid up and totally embarred him just to make himself look good.

Could have been handle in a much better way. Even though it was a cheap shot out of frustration, after it was all said and done, I had a lot of respect for the Graham kid for the way he handled being humiliated. Hopefully this Friday's game will be a cleanly played game. The last two have had some cheap shots thrown. Two years ago and Wylie player took a cheap shot at a Graham OL completely away from the play and put him out for the year. It was totally uncalled for.

thewyliefan
09-10-2007, 10:43 AM
i remember the last time wylie went to graham coach mccoy said something to the negative extent to jared robertson and of course jared had to get his input in, and suprize suprize jared got kicked out of the game haha:p

Texasfootball2
09-10-2007, 12:26 PM
One thing is very apparent. McCoy is treating this game like their superbowl. Even though this was game three on their schedule He and four or five members of his staff came the Ab. Wylie's scrimmage against Monohans. Maybe the lack of respect he show Greenwood and Clyde is why they haven't excatly played up to their so called rankings. I'm sure he's going to pull out all the stops this week. The difference is to Wylie, it's just the next team on their schedule, to Graham it appears to be the biggest game of the year. Two years ago they pulled off a big win at home against Wylie and then proceeded to lay an egg the rest of the year.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I do not think it is a good idea to be bashing McCoy at this point on this board. While you may or may not like him it is more than unfair to attempt to judge his character by what he does on the field in the middle of a game where tempers flare and emotion runs high. It is a battle and some people take it more serious than others. There have been misunderstandings and cheapshots in football long before McCoy started coaching and it is not the coach taking the shots. I recommend you check your bashing at the door and keep your opinions carefully in check. AW will win because they are the better team but Mccoy will coach the heck out of his kids and might get the win... I do not like or dislike him but I have met Colt and seen him play personally and he has some class. The sons usually reflect their fathers so I would give him a break.

MarginalTalent
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm not going to defend or bash Coach McCoy. There are all kinds of coaching personalities out there and he has had success with the way he handles himself and games.

I think Case is struggling right now. He's under a lot of pressure to live up to his brother's accomplishments both at Jim Ned and in Austin, plus he's a sophomore. I can put up with a few hiccups in behavior from him. The scheme could be made easier for him by simplifying some of the throws he's having to make ... the fly down the far side is not an easy completion, especially on a rollout. He's got some growing up to do, too, but he's really a great kid, as was his brother.

thewyliefan
09-10-2007, 07:48 PM
i wasnt trying to bash, i met coach mccoy in person after the fca allstar game and he seemed fine to me. i just thought it was funny.

VWG
09-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I do not think it is a good idea to be bashing McCoy at this point on this board. While you may or may not like him it is more than unfair to attempt to judge his character by what he does on the field in the middle of a game where tempers flare and emotion runs high. It is a battle and some people take it more serious than others. There have been misunderstandings and cheapshots in football long before McCoy started coaching and it is not the coach taking the shots. I recommend you check your bashing at the door and keep your opinions carefully in check. AW will win because they are the better team but Mccoy will coach the heck out of his kids and might get the win... I do not like or dislike him but I have met Colt and seen him play personally and he has some class. The sons usually reflect their fathers so I would give him a break.

Great post.
With everything that has been said on this thread..... how many teams don't have a good player that is a little cocky?
If you think Wylie, Graham, or whoever doesn't have one or even several kids that take a little attitude on the field with them then name them.
That's because there isn't. Brian Christian who played for Decatur went out on the field with a chip on his shoulder, but the kid played his heart out and layed it on the line every game.
And Wylie... yeah I remember Jared Robertson, the DT who played with some passion to say the least... but you would rather have him down in the trenches with you besides somebody else that year, right?

GWOOD
09-10-2007, 08:45 PM

BillyFred, this is a great post. It is a battle on the football field and the competition is great and the will to win is great. I know there are some guys who go over the top but I grow weary of the cheap shot talks and the "lack of character" accusations. Sometimes fans can make judgments about what is going on in the field and just be totally wrong.

I do not know McCoy personally but I have a cousin who is one of his assistants and he not only talks about what a great coach he is but what a great man he is. He was at Jim Ned with McCoy and followed him to Graham. I guarantee this coach would not have any respect for McCoy if he was a coach who encouraged his kids to play dirty to win ball games.

BILLYFRED0000
09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
That's just it GWOOD. People go over the top all the time everywhere to some degree or other. If ya don't like losin find a way to win. The best way to win is watch how others do it. Any measuring stick I know says that Coach McCoy has some idea of what he is doing. Colt sure enough can win and he learned it somewhere. Besides people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Hint to the public--We all live in glass houses.

KTA
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Jared Robertson, the DT who played with some passion to say the least...

Is that the kid who made sure to jump offsides on purpose, just to "get going"

thewyliefan
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
going aginst him in practice was worse...no penalties and ejections there just "jared stop" or "jared slow down" haha

KTA
09-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Im not trying to be a butt, but that just dont seem funny, nor does it show good sportsmanship in my opinion.

injuredinmelee
09-11-2007, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Im not trying to be a butt, but that just dont seem funny, nor does it show good sportsmanship in my opinion.

it wasnt funny and he had soem big big penalties that season that cost the bulldogs. Probably none bigger than the one late in the gainesville game that stopped the drive that might have given Wylie the lead. It was after a big big offensive play for the bulldogs. The penalty was suspect and was only called IMO because of his reputation but hey it was deadly.

Texasfootball2
09-11-2007, 08:23 AM

Don't know if the word "bashing" is the correct word, but BILLYFRED I've know Coach McCoy for almost 30 years, have known his kids since they were born, and I know his wife and both of their extended families. I would have to say that am qualified to post an opinion about Coach McCoy. He is a great person and so is his wife, but he has done some distasteful things as a coach especially while he was at Jim Ned and their are a lot of people in the coaching profession around the Abilene area who still have a bitter taste in their mouths. He is also a great football coach, but he is a showman.

Johnny Moxen
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I could care less about who is cheap shot artist or which Coach is over the top in "showmanship" on the big Friday Night Stage. It will all be settled on the field.

Let's get this thread back to what is was intended, I say Wylie by 14. I am biased towards Wylie (my prerogative) since they hung in with Brownwood (a team that has backed up their ranking) and beat the crap of IP. Who has Graham played, Greenwood and their 1 dimension wishbone, Clyde and their 1 dimension ground attack? Won't even be close in this one as Wylie straps it on Graham. Graham better get ready to be taken out behind the wood shed.

Texasfootball2
09-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I could care less about who is cheap shot artist or which Coach is over the top in "showmanship" on the big Friday Night Stage. It will all be settled on the field.

Let's get this thread back to what is was intended, I say Wylie by 14. I am biased towards Wylie (my prerogative) since they hung in with Brownwood (a team that has backed up their ranking) and beat the crap of IP. Who has Graham played, Greenwood and their 1 dimension wishbone, Clyde and their 1 dimension ground attack? Won't even be close in this one as Wylie straps it on Graham. Graham better get ready to be taken out behind the wood shed.

Go Johnny Go!!!!! I would say that was put it to the point. AMEN!

BILLYFRED0000
09-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Don't know if the word "bashing" is the correct word, but BILLYFRED I've know Coach McCoy for almost 30 years, have known his kids since they were born, and I know his wife and both of their extended families. I would have to say that am qualified to post an opinion about Coach McCoy. He is a great person and so is his wife, but he has done some distasteful things as a coach especially while he was at Jim Ned and their are a lot of people in the coaching profession around the Abilene area who still have a bitter taste in their mouths. He is also a great football coach, but he is a showman.

I grew up just a few miles from Jim Ned myself and keep up. Yes he is a showman. But that does not make it right to assume the worst and it is bashing. A no call by the ref means it did not happen. Let the game play and keep personalities out of it. I prefer to let his record stand on it's own. So he likes to put on a show. Is that a bad thing? Usually only if you are on the other side.
I am not saying you are not right. What I am suggesting is that we keep the personality comments down to a minimum. We all have personality traits that someone does not like. The only difference is that we are not out in front of a couple thousand people.

pirate4state
09-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Either way, this is not the forum to call out coaches. I'm pretty sure that is explained pretty clearly in Rule #3.

Cameron Crazy
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Whoever said Mccoy will throw 4 pics, you need to watch yourself. He might have done that last year, but not this year. He has grown up alot more than people think. Sure he wasnt very accurate in the first game. So what. Graham will be ready to play this friday.

sweetwater07
09-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Whoever said Mccoy will throw 4 pics, you need to watch yourself. He might have done that last year, but not this year. He has grown up alot more than people think. Sure he wasnt very accurate in the first game. So what. Graham will be ready to play this friday.

i said 4 picks as a joke....and though you say Graham will be ready to play....they will be hammered this week IMO. Graham doesn't stand a chance...unless McCoy can throw some accurate passes and his recievers actually catch them this week.
Wylie by at least 14

thewyliefan
09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
well i guess its a good thing that this is a board about opinions, so i can state for the most part, what i think and believe. and non the less....im still saying wylie by 21, great oline, great RB's, and a fierce D.

sweetwater07
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM
a fierce D.

after watching them last year against us and knowing they have it every season.....the D is a joke....very very fast and hard hitting....they are what makes this game one sided

WTF-82
09-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I Will go with Wylie look stronger. Although Graham is scary team to play and Graham has had good success over Wylie in regular season in the past.

sweetwater07
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
I Will go with Wylie look stronger. Although Graham is scary team to play and Graham has had good success over Wylie in regular season in the past.

Wylie killed Graham last year from i remember....i went to the game but it was a year ago...

VWG
09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
Wylie killed Graham last year from i remember....i went to the game but it was a year ago...

23-6 Wylie last year

thewyliefan
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
yea, i think that was the first game of the year last year our offense actually scored in the first half of the game.

Texasfootball2
09-13-2007, 08:16 AM
yea, i think that was the first game of the year last year our offense actually scored in the first half of the game.

It was the third game of the year last year. Everybody's schedule is the same this year that it was last year. It will probably change next year with this being a realignment year.

LH Panther Mom
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
It was the third game of the year last year. Everybody's schedule is the same this year that it was last year. It will probably change next year with this being a realignment year.
I think he was saying the offense scored in the first half of the game last year, but had not the two previous games. ;)

thewyliefan
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
yes that is what i was saying haha, the 2 previous games we didnt score in the first half

Keith7
09-13-2007, 03:05 PM
If Graham's offense shows up this week, they should win this game easily.. The problem is, that Graham's offense has yet to show up in either of their first two games.. Abilene Wylie is kind of an enigma at this point, they have good tradition and good coaching so they should be tough.. This should be the best game of the week yet..

Texasfootball2
09-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
If Graham's offense shows up this week, they should win this game easily.. The problem is, that Graham's offense has yet to show up in either of their first two games.. Abilene Wylie is kind of an enigma at this point, they have good tradition and good coaching so they should be tough.. This should be the best game of the week yet..

Sounds like an excuse for the Steers if Wylie ends up thumping them. "IF" , If they truely have an offense then it should show up. This is week three, they've been practicing since Aug. 6.

And as for winning easily. I think that their offense better show up hitting on all cylinders just to have a chance to win the game by even a small margin. Wylie put up 21 points @ Brownwood ( not counting the one that got called back ) to a great Brownwood defense and gave up 28 to a great Brownwood offense. Brownwood is the real deal, Graham hasn't played anyone even close to compition of Brownwood and I wouldn't call Grahams victories impressive to two mediocre teams. YES, this should be a great game. Graham will treat this like their superbowl so I think they will show up an play well. But if by chance one of the teams wins this game easily it won't be Graham, it will be Wylie.

thewyliefan
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
i agree 100% Texasfootball2, i think the last time any team had an easy win against wylie was decatur in 04. those are hard to come by, and if graham does hit on all cylinders and shows up with an offense it'll be one of those high scoring games......buuuuut its hard seeing that happening

sweetwater07
09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
i wouldn't think that there would be too much conversation about Graham winning...i think this game is rather one-sided......Wylie hanging with Brownwood...who has Graham played thats even remotely close to Brownwood??....Graham takes the L by 2-3 Td's

thewyliefan
09-13-2007, 10:40 PM
i dont know. i mean they did beat clyde 12-0......:)

KTA
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Clyde is going to suprise yall, just wait and see

VWG
09-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Sounds like an excuse for the Steers if Wylie ends up thumping them. "IF" , If they truely have an offense then it should show up. This is week three, they've been practicing since Aug. 6.

And as for winning easily. I think that their offense better show up hitting on all cylinders just to have a chance to win the game by even a small margin. Wylie put up 21 points @ Brownwood ( not counting the one that got called back ) to a great Brownwood defense and gave up 28 to a great Brownwood offense. Brownwood is the real deal, Graham hasn't played anyone even close to compition of Brownwood and I wouldn't call Grahams victories impressive to two mediocre teams. YES, this should be a great game. Graham will treat this like their superbowl so I think they will show up an play well. But if by chance one of the teams wins this game easily it won't be Graham, it will be Wylie.

I am just curious. Why do you think that Graham treats this game like their superbowl? Do you have factual information to back this up, or you just throwing out a hot sports opinion?
Wylie has a great program, and Sandifer is an awesome football coach. Graham and Wylie, over the past years have played some really good games, most of them close games. Do you think Graham looks at this game more than they would Vernon, Iowa Park, or even their old rival Breckenridge?
Does Aledo look at Stephenville as their superbowl every season?
Why such a huge emphasis on a non-district, non-playoff game?
It's a big game as far as the fans of both teams are concerned, but I would guess that Sandifer would be putting some emphasis on this game much like McCoy would. They are both Abilene area boys and know each other quite well. Let's face it, it's a big game I think for both teams. Kinda like Stephenville and WF Rider this weekend.

BILLYFRED0000
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I am just curious. Why do you think that Graham treats this game like their superbowl? Do you have factual information to back this up, or you just throwing out a hot sports opinion?
Wylie has a great program, and Sandifer is an awesome football coach. Graham and Wylie, over the past years have played some really good games, most of them close games. Do you think Graham looks at this game more than they would Vernon, Iowa Park, or even their old rival Breckenridge?
It's a big game as far as the fans of both teams are concerned, but I would guess that Sandifer would be putting some emphasis on this game much like McCoy would. They are both Abilene area boys and know each other quite well. Let's face it, it's a big game I think for both teams. Kinda like Stephenville and WF Rider this weekend.

I kinda think McCoy does a little bit specially since the Abilene folks have shown him so much love since he left. But I think AW still out talents Graham so it will take one heck of a coaching job to get the W from AW.

RMAC
09-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by VWG

I went to Wylie for 8 years but spent 3 years after that in Graham, and I can tell you, this is not our superbowl guys. Graham doesn't like Wylie too much, especially after the 3 years in a row that AW took Graham out in the 1st round, but if you ask anybody from Graham the game we,(I), waited for was Breckenridge. That's a great rivalry and even though they haven't played in a few years, it's still there.

injuredinmelee
09-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Cameron lets make a signature bet on this game. I will add Cameron Crazy is ___________, whatever you want for one week if the Steers win and you will add INJURED IS MY DADDY to yours when, I mean if, Wylie wins.

Texasfootball2
09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
I went to Wylie for 8 years but spent 3 years after that in Graham, and I can tell you, this is not our superbowl guys. Graham doesn't like Wylie too much, especially after the 3 years in a row that AW took Graham out in the 1st round, but if you ask anybody from Graham the game we,(I), waited for was Breckenridge. That's a great rivalry and even though they haven't played in a few years, it's still there.

It may not mean as much to the kids to be AW as it would to beat Vernon, but It means a lot to Coach McCoy to beat AW. There is some history with McCoy and Wylie from back when he was at Jim Ned. The two school districts are seperated by a farm market road and besides going to college with 60% of the Wylie coaching staff he went to church in Abilene while coaching at Jim Ned. Believe me, it means a lot to him to win this game.

Texasfootball2
09-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted
SINCE WHEN DOES TEXASFOOTBALL2 THINK FOR COACH MCCOY. i DO NOT KNOW IF HE EVER SAID THAT THIS IS GRAHAMS SUPERBOWL.

SOUNDS LIKE WE GOT ALITTLE PERSONAL PROBLEM TO ME.

IS SOMEONE JEALOUS?

Nothing personal and certainly no jealousy. I've been a close friend of Coach McCoy's for almost 30 years, use to get to talk to him frequently when he lived in Abilene, know all three of his kids since birth. Unless you have a closer relationship with him than that, and know something that I don't ( which I very seriously doubt it ), keep your CAPITALIZED post to yourself.

And for the record I don't remember posting a "quote", from Coach McCoy saying that this is their superbowl, but I know the man very well, this means a lot to him and he will put everything he's got into trying to win this game, not that he doesn't do that every week but this one would be sweeter than the rest to HIS tastebuds.

Lion92
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Graham can win this but thay have to get that offense on track. I saw the Clyde game and I do not think that kind of output will get it done against AW, 12 points is probably not enough.

BILLYFRED0000
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Nothing personal and certainly no jealousy. I've been a close friend of Coach McCoy's for almost 30 years, use to get to talk to him frequently when he lived in Abilene, know all three of his kids since birth. Unless you have a closer relationship with him than that, and know something that I don't ( which I very seriously doubt it ), keep your CAPITALIZED post to yourself.

And for the record I don't remember posting a "quote", from Coach McCoy saying that this is their superbowl, but I know the man very well, this means a lot to him and he will put everything he's got into trying to win this game, not that he doesn't do that every week but this one would be sweeter than the rest to HIS tastebuds.

Yes that is kinda what I thought and meant as well.

thewyliefan
09-14-2007, 05:38 PM
uh oh...looks like we have another angry clyde poster

NDFootball
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
are they multiplying?

turning the caps lock off would be nice k thx kiddo

TigerPride
09-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Any updates? GO TIGERS!! (the best 1-1 team in the state)

injuredinmelee
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM
theres the 4th pick!!! LOL

Cameron Crazy
09-14-2007, 11:05 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM GRAHAM STEERS BABY! Yeah we threw four big deal. Check the scoreboard.

INJURED IM YOUR DADDY!!! HA HA!!!

Cameron Crazy
09-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted
SINCE WHEN DOES TEXASFOOTBALL2 THINK FOR COACH MCCOY. i DO NOT KNOW IF HE EVER SAID THAT THIS IS GRAHAMS SUPERBOWL.

SOUNDS LIKE WE GOT ALITTLE PERSONAL PROBLEM TO ME.

IS SOMEONE JEALOUS? He is bigtime jealous, wishes he was cool.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-15-2007, 12:50 AM
HOW ABOUT THEM GRAHAM STEERS BABY! Yeah we threw four big deal. Check the scoreboard.

INJURED IM YOUR DADDY!!! HA HA!!!

Hmmm...to bad you didn't have that confidence before the game and take him up on his bet.

Wylie must have had a bad game, but Graham won. Kudos to them. Still think they are OVERRATED!!

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Hmmm...to bad you didn't have that confidence before the game and take him up on his bet.

Wylie must have had a bad game, but Graham won. Kudos to them. Still think they are OVERRATED!! Wait snyder not in top 10? whats up with that? And no I wasnt on at the time he made that bet. I woudlnt have bet with him.

MarginalTalent
09-15-2007, 12:58 AM
CameronCrazy,
I hope you took that bet with Injured

Snyder_TigerFan
09-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Wait snyder not in top 10?

It doesn't really matter right now.

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Thats what I thought.

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
CameronCrazy,
I hope you took that bet with Injured Ha.ha. I wish I would have but was'nt on at the time. I saw that post today at school, but didn't get to reply. That would have been hilarious!

How about the steers!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Graham will treat this like their superbowl

Are you taking this statement to fruition?

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:07 AM
The guy is an idiot, talking smack about our coach, and our players.

He had a fun ride home back to abeline!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, good night.

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, good night. I was not talking about you, but ok.

MarginalTalent
09-15-2007, 01:10 AM

QUOTE]Wylie must have had a bad game, but Graham won. Kudos to them. Still think they are OVERRATED!![/QUOTE]

Yea, Wiley must have had a bad game. I'm sure Graham had nothing to do with it. Snyder seems to be the overrated team. Can they stop anyone from scoring over 40?[

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:11 AM
lol that post made me laugh like crazy!

rangerjoe33
09-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, good night.

Maybe Michael Vick does...:D

Olddawgfan
09-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, some people are pretty stupid.

Here is your other statement

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm not going to sit here and do this all night,

Good game by the way. I didn't notice you were from Wylie!

thewyliefan
09-15-2007, 01:56 AM
dang after seeing the score on the news and hearing about it i wish i woulda gone. i didnt get the score right or the winning team, but how many picks did mccoy throw haha....if i can get at least 1 out of 3 i think ill be ok

thewyliefan
09-15-2007, 01:57 AM
i just read the post that says he threw 4 nvm

KTA
09-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Grahams D dominated Wylie. If it wasnt for the 1st 2 picks (which spotted Wylie 13 points right off the bat) this game isnt even close. I doubt they even had 100 yards the entire 2nd half. Wylie scored 10 outright points that they actully earned. Wylie was lucky for that bogus "inverten whistle" call.

Side note, I hope that kid who hurt his leg is ok.

Lucky and overrated my butt

MarginalTalent
09-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Graham's QB had a few errant throws, but when he hit those big WR's, Abilene didn't have an answer. They were too slow and got outmuscled in the secondary. I don't know who said Wylie had all this "team speed", but they must not be able to run a stopwatch over there. Number 8 caught that fly pattern and he scored pulling away.

Cameron Crazy
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Best play of the game, Mccoy to Wright down the left hand sideline. Wright could have high stepped into the endzone cause he was gone!