PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs 4a Barbers Hill Eagles

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Will Bellville go 3-0, or will Barbers Hill make the long trip to Austin County and get a win at the Pasture? This will be Bellville's toughest pre-district game to date.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Going through Houston on a Friday afternoon will make that trip even longer. Last year, it took Bellville about 3 hours on busses without a/c. Good luck and safe traveling to the fine folks of Barbers Hill, hope to see some of the fellow posters again.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Hope to see BH posters in Bellville. Rebarker tell us a little about this years team.

BrahmaMom
09-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Quite a trip for BH. I can't imagine a loss for the Brahmas in the Pasture--ouch, that would be tough. I hope the Brahmas work hard this week to prepare and don't suffer a letdown after Columbia. Come on, Brahmas, focus.

scrub c
09-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Dont know much about BH this year other than their tradition and the fact that they won a nail biter vs Wharton in week zero.
(then wharton turns around and gets hammered by bport) - but so did we so who knows how all that figures in the global warming formula... Oh, sorry got a little off task.

Guessing BH had a hard time with wharton, so they will have a very hard time vs bellville whose backs run very hard. Bellville is a pretty good football team that should only get better as they season goes on.

BrahmaDAD70
09-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Hmm......Parents night in Bellville "Ill be on the field" WINK
1st home game this season.
Packed stadium, no 3 hour bus rides & respect on line.
I think thats the difference in the game for the young Bulls.
I have come within 4 points 2 weeks in a row
predicting the Bellville wins.
This week will be big for the boys.
If Bellville starts off well against BH we will
see what could be for the rest of the season.
Let put it all together and get 4 good quarters
and put the nay-sayers down till Giddings comes a callin.
Bellville 33 BH 21

Bull's-eye
09-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Bellville definately needs to get off to a better start. They have become a 2nd half team for some reason, maybe conditioning and or great adjustments by the coaching staff. I expect BH to be very physical, much like their team from last season. This will be a very good test for this young Bellville team.

wookinpanub
09-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville definately needs to get off to a better start. They have become a 2nd half team for some reason, maybe conditioning and or great adjustments by the coaching staff. I expect BH to be very physical, much like their team from last season. This will be a very good test for this young Bellville team.

This will be Bellville's first true test. Good luck, Bulls.

zebrablue2
09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
good luck to the young bulls. I did not know until friday night that sandman had been injured. how long is he expected to be out of action?

Brahma84
09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I think you are talking about Padgett @ MLB. He has a broken bone in his foot and will be out about a month. I have not heard anything about Sandman. Padgett broke the bone in his foot at practice on Wed., leaving only a short time to switch the LB's around for the Columbia game. I thought they did a good job, after settling down. Browning will be back this week @ LB. I would not expect him to start this week, but it will be nice to have him back.

zebrablue2
09-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I think you are talking about Padgett @ MLB. He has a broken bone in his foot and will be out about a month. I have not heard anything about Sandman.

padgett, ok. thats not good either. thanks for the update. they said it happened in practice. freak accident?

KL3
09-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Browning will be back this week @ LB. I would not expect him to start this week, but it will be nice to have him back.

That is very good news.

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I did a little reading about BH this morning, while looking for some info on another team. I think they had a heavy graduation class last year. Go 3A!

BrahmaMom
09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep, BrahmaDAD 70, I think all those little things are in the Bulls favor. Parents' Night--ahhh, enjoy it, they pass so quickly. To Padgett, Happy Healing! Don't come back too soon and get a more severe injury. In the meantime, Brahmas, you've got what it takes. Friday night is just another game, and Coach Chancellor has his teams play "one game at a time". Best of luck to our Bulls as they prepare this week!

Bull19
09-09-2007, 06:00 PM
i've got the bulls in this one;) believe it

Pudlugger
09-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Bellville will win this one by 2tds. Barbers Hill is always tough but those young Bulls are getting up a head of steam and will be hard to stop. Bulls should get payback for last year in this one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville will win this one by 2tds. Barbers Hill is always tough but those young Bulls are getting up a head of steam and will be hard to stop. Bulls should get payback for last year in this one.

Hope you are right Pud, last years game in Barbers Hill was a big test for Bellville, the Eagles were very good and it showed. We lost Cooper last year in this game and QB O'Connor only played 1 quarter, and we only lost by 2 scores. Conley played most of the game and looked allright. I say this game will be close. The young Brahmas have impressed the Bellville fans so far. Lets hope for a injury free game.

44INAROW
09-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I am going with the Brahmas in this one - gotta go with the 3A team.. Good Luck Bellville;)

bvillebrahma010
09-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I do know one thing, if bellville's offense line does not step it up the first half this Friday, they will go into the locker room at half time with terrble yardage. Good football teams should not be playing amazing in the second half but average in the first half. If bellville wants this "W", then the offensive line must play aggresive every play. Not just the second half. With great blocking up front, nunn at FB way-layin people, and runnels/medina finding open green outside of tackles, this brahma offense will be physically unstoppable.

Now this defense is young but playing great! Lots of room to get better, but playing great defensive. Just eliminate the big plays and as there motto is " bend but don't break", will keep the brahmas big win streak going.

1 and ONLY
09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
im taking BH in this one.
bellvilles youth will show

IHStangFan
09-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Let's go Bellville!!

hookandladder
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
I will have to go with the 4A school on this one.

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
:thinking:

Jasper beating BH last week gives me reason to believe that the Bulls could be the 2nd 3A team to hand the Eagles a loss.

I'll take Bellville by 7 at home.

EAGLETOWN
09-10-2007, 02:43 PM
It should be a close one and either team could walk away with a win.

I'm going with my heart and taking the young Eagles by 2.

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrahmaMom
09-10-2007, 08:30 PM
And I'll go with my heart and pick the Big Red! We've had some great advice here, hope some of the team is reading. It will be a challenge for the young Bulls, let's hope they are up for it. I, too, add my sincere wishes for an injury-free game. Let's go, Brahmas!

HTripleC13
09-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I know this is kind of out there, but how have those Bellville Brahmas been doing this year? I have been stuck up here in College Station, watching the Ags play, and haven't been able to keep up with the local scores... I heard they won the past two weeks, but that is it.. I know the team is pretty young, so is it the coaching or the raw ability that has got them this far???

buff4life
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
GO BRAHMAS!!!:clap: :D :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I will have to go with the 4A school on this one.

Come on Hook, weres the love, If it were not for the Bellville Brahmas, La Grange would have not made the play-offs last year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
GO BRAHMAS!!!:clap: :D :clap:

Hey buff, you coming to Bellville for the Game?

Bull19
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by HTripleC13
I know this is kind of out there, but how have those Bellville Brahmas been doing this year? I have been stuck up here in College Station, watching the Ags play, and haven't been able to keep up with the local scores... I heard they won the past two weeks, but that is it.. I know the team is pretty young, so is it the coaching or the raw ability that has got them this far???

hows it been bass man???? its been both..id say 60/40 coaching to raw ability....huey c has done a good job so far this year!!!! you should come watch a game when them ags have their bye week;)

Bull's-eye
09-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Games have been close at halftime, with Bellville taking care of business in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. Great conditioning and coaching ajustments from what I can tell. Give credit to the players and coaches, both are doing a great job.

buff4life
09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hey buff, you coming to Bellville for the Game?

no but i'll be there when Giddings plays there...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
I have been stuck up here in College Station, watching the Ags play,

You are stuck up there? Your full of enought air to blow a Tuba!:D

BrahmaMom
09-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Anyone else checking the weather for Friday? Looks like wet weather. The Brahmas have historically been "mudders"-don't know if this group is. Traveling through thunderstorms might have BH on edge. It CAN make a difference. We'll have to see.

Bull19
09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Anyone else checking the weather for Friday? Looks like wet weather. The Brahmas have historically been "mudders"-don't know if this group is. Traveling through thunderstorms might have BH on edge. It CAN make a difference. We'll have to see.

looks like dry weather......looks like the brahmas will be putting their mudders away for some "slicks"

HTripleC13
09-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Just in case you didn't know its called a Bass, and Bull19, I'll be coming home next weekend when the Ags travel to Miami... Who and where will the bulls be playing then?

Brahma84
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey Stump!! The Bulls play Houston Christian next week (9-21) in Bellville. It's Homecoming.

BrahmaMom
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Yep, the storm missed us. The Pasture is the place to be for Brahma fans Friday night! GO BULLS!!

Darren
09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Close game but Bellville wins by 7.

Bull19
09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
bellville by 14;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Just in case you didn't know its called a Bass,

I know its a Bass, Tuba just sounded better at the time, see that Bass and the rest of the band on Sat!

BHtheHILL
09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
BH lost heavily to graduation. If Bellville holds on to the ball they should come out with a win, but if they don't the Eagles have enough talent & disicipline to beat them. It should be a good one.
See yall there.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Game time is close, time to head out to the Pasture!!!!!

Bull's-eye
09-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Game time is close, time to head out to the Pasture!!!!!

Leave ma a ticket at the box office window. :D

Brahma84
09-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Halftime score: Bellville 21 BH 18
BH downed a punt inside the 5 and on Bellville's second play they fumble. BH scores with about a minute left before half. Bellville ends the half with a missed long field goal.

BHtheHILL
09-14-2007, 10:09 PM
BH 45 Bellville 21 with 5 min to go 4th quarter

BHtheHILL
09-14-2007, 10:40 PM
t

Brahma84
09-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Bellville played horrible. 7 turnovers are hard to overcome. The defense was on the field way too much. Every time the offense would get going they would either fumble(5) or throw an interception(2). This young Bellville team needs to learn from tonight and move forward. It was nice to see BH had a large crowd. Good luck with rest of your season.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BHtheHILL
If Bellville holds on to the ball they should come out with a win, but if they don't the Eagles have enough talent & disicipline to beat them.

8 turnovers, Hill you hit that one on the nose, Bellville just could not keep the ball tonight, 3 pass interceptions and 5 fumbles, no team can win with that many turnovers. Bellville went up 21 -6 before they decided to not hold on to the ball. Give credit to a good Barbers Hill team to turn the turnovers into points. Good showing by the Barbers Hill fans. Good luck the rest of the way.
For young Bellville they will be allright if they can hold on to the ball.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Bellville managed 22 first downs and 385 total yards, so moving the ball wasn't the problem. Protecting the football and learning how to defend the screen play should be their primary goal heading into next week's practice. Bellville jumped to a 21-6 lead, but BH scored 2 more TD's before half to trail 21-18. Thanks to a fumble on Bellville's 1 yard line, BH went to the locker room with plenty of momentum. The Eagles ran the screen play for 3 different touchdowns and took advantage of the 7 turnovers. BH finished the game with 39 straight points. Congratulations to Barbers Hill and their great fans who made the long trip. I'm disappointed that Bellville didn't do their part to make this a more competitive game.

zebrablue2
09-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville managed 22 first downs and 385 total yards, so moving the ball wasn't the problem. Protecting the football and learning how to defend the screen play should be their primary goal heading into next week's practice. Bellville jumped to a 21-6 lead, but BH scored 2 more TD's before half to trail 21-18. Thanks to a fumble on Bellville's 1 yard line, BH went to the locker room with plenty of momentum. The Eagles ran the screen play for 3 different touchdowns and took advantage of the 7 turnovers. BH finished the game with 39 straight points. Congratulations to Barbers Hill and their great fans who made the long trip. I'm disappointed that Bellville didn't do their part to make this a more competitive game.

young team, learning curve. hopefully getting ready for district. go bulls.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
young team, learning curve. hopefully getting ready for district. go bulls.

The good thing is that these mistakes are correctable. Good game by Nunn who had 127 yds on 23 tough carries and scored 2 TD's.

Brahma84
09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Nunn did run the ball well, but fumbled 5 times. Once inside our own 5 and once as we were moving the ball deep into BH territory.

necks_c/09
09-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Bellville played horrible. 7 turnovers are hard to overcome. The defense was on the field way too much. Every time the offense would get going they would either fumble(5) or throw an interception(2). This young Bellville team needs to learn from tonight and move forward. It was nice to see BH had a large crowd. Good luck with rest of your season. i guess you know how we felt last week, but lets say bh's D dominated yalls O like yall did us last week.....:hand:

i dont hear any bellville posters talking about how great bh's D was to force all those turnovers.....:thinking:

carter08
09-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

i dont hear any bellville posters talking about how great bh's D was to force all those turnovers.....:thinking:

Let it go.

Brahma84
09-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Bellville turned the ball over 7 times in the BH game, and the game stats were still very close. BH total yards 442, Bellville 385. BH first downs 21, Bellville 22. While BH defense did play well, they did not dominate our offense. I agree with Carter08, let it go.

BrahmaMom
09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats to BH on the win. This is an important loss for Bellville if they take the obvious lessons from it into District. NO TURNOVERS. And yes, a job well done by the BH team for taking advantage of them. Okay, Brahmas, watch the film, hold onto to the ball, catch those passes and tuck in the ball and let's pick it up from here and GO BULLS! Best of luck to BH on the rest of their season, thanks for a great first half and the lessons learned the second.

Bull's-eye
09-15-2007, 12:10 PM
i guess you know how we felt last week, but lets say bh's D dominated yalls O like yall did us last week.....:hand:

Two completely different games. In last week's game, I stated that Bellville's defense dominated WC in the 2nd half. The stats show WC only had 11 yards rushing in the final 2 quarters. Bellville managed almost 400 yards of offense, so I wouldn't say the BH defense was dominating. They were very physical, so I'm sure some of those hard hits had something to do with those fumbles. Actually, Bellville fans don't feel the same as WC fans did last week. We actually can be positive that our team can consistantly move the chains, just need do a better job of protecting the ball.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2007, 12:19 PM
i guess you know how we felt last week, but lets say bh's D dominated yalls O like yall did us last week.....:hand:

2-1 or 0-3 , I guess a lose or 3 in pre district means nothing, let it go for now, and maybe we both may be lucky enought to make the play-offs, and meet again? Good luck the rest of the way.

CHSfan
09-16-2007, 07:11 PM
wow barbers hill is underestimated this year!! but they have been doing well just goin into 4a! that is a far game