PDA

View Full Version : Celina Homers

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I know that some of you think that it is not good to point out our teams weaknesses on this forum because it is trolled by other 3A scouts to get good intel. :D :D :rolleyes:

But if you to look at Celina's flaws which is the one that you would like to see corrected?

I'm not asking any kid to be singled out, because that kid is not the problem. Flaws that do not get corrected IMO are a coaching issue.

Which is the key correction that needs to be addressed?

I have my opinion, but I will withold it and see if anyone else sees what I do.

luvhoops34
09-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I know that some of you think that it is not good to point out our teams weaknesses on this forum because it is trolled by other 3A scouts to get good intel.

I think you just answered your own question.:D

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I think you just answered your own question.:D
LOL

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 10:52 AM
I know that some of you think that it is not good to point out our teams weaknesses on this forum because it is trolled by other 3A scouts to get good intel. :D :D :rolleyes:

But if you to look at Celina's flaws which is the one that you would like to see corrected?

I'm not asking any kid to be singled out, because that kid is not the problem. Flaws that do not get corrected IMO are a coaching issue.

I have my opinion, but I will withold it and see if anyone else sees what I do.

Alright Benny, I will bite. At this time I think most of the issues are mental. Using the incorrect technique, not staying in your lanes for contain, brain farts(missed snaps for example). I would like to see special teams improve.
I would like to see both lines improve.
But overall I think it is a matter of playing very good teams and being beat occasionally at the point of attack.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Alright Benny, I will bite. At this time I think most of the issues are mental. Using the incorrect technique, not staying in your lanes for contain, brain farts(missed snaps for example). I would like to see special teams improve.
I would like to see both lines improve.
But overall I think it is a matter of playing very good teams and being beat occasionally at the point of attack.

No biting required. It is no big deal if you get whooped. Sometimes that happens and you have to take it like a man.

You scatter shot, but I think you hit on it though. Special teams. Specifically the kicking game. I would love to see this put as a top priority in practices until they get it right.

It does not matter if you do not have a good punter or field goal kicker, although that can be worked on too. Its OK if the kid muffs the kick now and then because that is a skill and I do not believe we have an expert kicking coach, but everything up to the kick certainly could be consistent and well executed.

I would like to see deep snapping corrected. Holding corrected. And then kicking or punting consistency corrected.

This is just one facet of the game, but the inconsistency of kicking and punting games is critical to a championship.

When we have to punt, or deepsnap to a holder, it looks very unpracticed. And you know the old addage, you play like you practice. Obviously, we are not practicing this like it needs to be.

I am on the verge of declaring us a contender, but our kicking/punting game does not look sharp at all.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
We do have an issue with this. I have been watching this and believe it or not we just don't have a good deep snapper right now. They are trying several people and it is improving but for whatever reason the snaps are not proficient right now.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 02:45 PM
But the good news is this Benny. It looks like our District is even weaker than it was last year except maybe Frisco and Prosper.
That gives us the regular season to get it worked out.

CelinaCatFan
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I agree with the kicking game assessment. I missed the Robinson game. But, noticed that our conversions were not as strong last night compared with past years.

I also would like to see more senior leadership with this team. I know we've only had two games and I believe that we will see more vocal leaders as the season progresses.

Regardless, I think this team has a chance to be very good. It's difficult to tell at this time because we have played two very good opponents.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I agree with the kicking game assessment. I missed the Robinson game. But, noticed that our conversions were not as strong last night compared with past years.

I also would like to see more senior leadership with this team. I know we've only had two games and I believe that we will see more vocal leaders as the season progresses.

Regardless, I think this team has a chance to be very good. It's difficult to tell at this time because we have played two very good opponents.

Last week there was a little more vocal leadership. Seth in particular on a play pulled either Troy or Charlie into the huddle.
The refs were not calling some after hit issues. This one kid(did it twice, once in front of a ref) shoved him in the back as they were getting off the ball and Seth had to get him to the huddle before the good ol I did not see the first one but I did see that one flag came out.

charlesrixey
09-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I do believe Robinson is a top-15 team in 3A and ALC is certainly top-notch (could go far in the playoffs if they were 3A)

The execution problems from celina are at least partially due to the high level of competition the Bobcats have faced right off the bat. However, these experiences are very beneficial in the long run; Celina should be ready to rock the boat in district and work on those problems before the playoffs begin

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, I am glad I am not the only one that sees this.

However, I am excited about our team. There is a ton of talent and we have a coaching staff that is great at adjusting.

I sort of figure this correction is well under way already.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, I am glad I am not the only one that sees this.

However, I am excited about our team. There is a ton of talent and we have a coaching staff that is great at adjusting.

I sort of figure this correction is well under way already.

It is. I have been watching one or two practices a week and they are in the process. Believe it or not Preston is also a bit of a kicker. He has more leg but is less accurate ala Dru Prosser. If he gets enough practice in I think he can improve.
He kicks very effortlessly which indicates some serious leg strength but needs to practice his head down technique to get more consistent. They are improving but still need lots of work.