PDA

View Full Version : whats up with teams like....

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 09:01 AM
gilmer, slc, katy, cuero, celina, etc. who just have a never ending supply of ungodly talent?

its just insane that these teams are top of the rankings year after year......

somebody explain to me how they keep on winnning, like cuero is supposed to have a down year and they are winning games by an average of like 55 pts.

i know some will say its coaching, and alot of it is, but u cant win with a bunch of slobs...

theyre just loaded with talent too

hutex04
09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Cuero plays crappy teams year after year thats why they have such an impressive record haha j/p. I think it has to do with tradition. Those teams and towns have so much pride in their players that I think everyone plays harder, plays smarter. Plus like you said, they have great coaching. Coaches want to coach at winning schools and you usually get the best coaches when you have that going for you.

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
Cuero plays crappy teams year after year thats why they have such an impressive record haha j/p. I think it has to do with tradition. Those teams and towns have so much pride in their players that I think everyone plays harder, plays smarter. Plus like you said, they have great coaching. Coaches want to coach at winning schools and you usually get the best coaches when you have that going for you. but i mean even on down years they play above and beyond whats expected of them, and they just have loads of talent year after year too....

hutex04
09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Well you answered the question for yourself, they have loads and loads of talent every year. Iam sure some kids move to towns like Cuero and Gilmer too. No one likes losing so if your a great player and you happen to be moving to another town in south texas, why not move to Cuero where they have strong tradition and the chance to be very good every year.

rockdale80
09-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Well you answered the question for yourself, they have loads and loads of talent every year. Iam sure some kids move to towns like Cuero and Gilmer too. No one likes losing so if your a great player and you happen to be moving to another town in south texas, why not move to Cuero where they have strong tradition and the chance to be very good every year.

a good recruiting class goes a long way. :)

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Well you answered the question for yourself, they have loads and loads of talent every year. Iam sure some kids move to towns like Cuero and Gilmer too. No one likes losing so if your a great player and you happen to be moving to another town in south texas, why not move to Cuero where they have strong tradition and the chance to be very good every year. yea but what i want to know, is how do they maintain that level of talent?

not all their talent is from the outside

Old Green
09-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I think it has to do with tradition. Those teams and towns have so much pride in their players that I think everyone plays harder, plays smarter. Plus like you said, they have great coaching. Coaches want to coach at winning schools and you usually get the best coaches when you have that going for you. I think you pretty well said it Hutex04. It's a little bit of everything you said plus genetics. Any given year there are at least 20 players with ties to Cuero's state championship teams of the past. and most of these kids are going start too and try and be as good as their Granpa's, dad's, uncles, brothers and cousins. All of them want there name and team photo on the wall of honor and it doesn't get put up there unless you at least make the QTR-finals. Most of the kids families are ranchers or work on ranches where hard work is required. any given day you can pass by the old stadium and their will be a pickup football game or a little league game going . The kids just love the game here.We do have our off years like every team does, but the desire not to let the tradition die is strong.

Well our population is pretty much constant and don't have very many move-ins. Just the desire to keep the winning traditon going is in every Gobbler kids mind

rundoe
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by necks_c/09
[B]gilmer, slc, katy, cuero, celina, etc. who just have a never ending supply of ungodly talent?

Liberty Hill

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
[B]gilmer, slc, katy, cuero, celina, etc. who just have a never ending supply of ungodly talent?

Liberty Hill they just have a system that they run to perfection.....

i dont know much about their history but traditionally they havnt won like thse other teams have they?

mind you they are making a name for themselves now.....

Emerson1
09-08-2007, 10:45 AM
If a team starts winning then more players will come out for the team and the ones who are there already will work harder. If SLC somehow started to go 5-5 or 6-4 over a span of a few years, there numbers would drop big time.

Johnny Utah
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM
The Dragons have won at every level, from 2a on up. They have tradition, but they have TALENTED JIMMYS AND JOES. So do a lot of teams. Good coaching helps, but so does TALENT!!!!! Some schools have it, some dont. Cuero should WIN REGION 4 EVERY YEAR!!! JMO!!!

R3Editor
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by rundoe

Liberty Hill
It seems kind of presumptious (IMO) to put Liberty Hill in that class right now.

burnet44
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
a good recruiting class goes a long way. :)

not as far as bad DNA

rockdale80
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
not as far as bad DNA

What:confused: :confused:

CHSfan
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Cuero plays crappy teams year after year thats why they have such an impressive record haha j/p. I think it has to do with tradition. Those teams and towns have so much pride in their players that I think everyone plays harder, plays smarter. Plus like you said, they have great coaching. Coaches want to coach at winning schools and you usually get the best coaches when you have that going for you.

being from cuero i kno this for a fact that most of the time we dont have a choice but to play crappy teams!! but our coaches are really trying because if u look at our scchedule for this year we only have 4 home games and all the other games are lk 1 1/2 to 2 hours away!! i am ready for the liberty hill game because i kno that alot of our guys are pumped!! and again bout the crappy teams!! look at our district!! but that will change after this year!! liberty hill be ready because even though this year we r underrated i think that our guys will pull through once AGAIN!!

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
being from cuero i kno this for a fact that most of the time we dont have a choice but to play crappy teams!! but our coaches are really trying because if u look at our scchedule for this year we only have 4 home games and all the other games are lk 1 1/2 to 2 hours away!! i am ready for the liberty hill game because i kno that alot of our guys are pumped!! and again bout the crappy teams!! look at our district!! but that will change after this year!! liberty hill be ready because even though this year we r underrated i think that our guys will pull through once AGAIN!!

That is one thing you cannot control. That is why Celina went out of its way to schedule Robinson and Argyle Liberty Christian. Runners up in their respective state titles last year. Our district is not strong enough to help us find our weaknesses. You just cannot control how good a team you play is going to be. When we scheduled Prestonwood Academy two years ago they were riding high. We play them next week and it should be a massacre.
They are o and 2 and not nearly the team they were last year. But there is absolutely nothing Cuero can do about their schedule and neither can we.