PDA

View Full Version : Sealy takes another beat down

rancher
09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Just heard the score of the Rice vs Sealy game, would love to hear the details. I watched Bellville this week and until the Messiah exercises the thug ball demon out of them they will not win a game. Would love to hear how the game went. True Austin county supporter

OnceABucJr
09-08-2007, 07:45 AM
What was the score?

CheerMom
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
The score was 30-7. Actually, Sealy didn't play that bad of a game. Rice on the other hand should have scored atleast twice more, but due to mistakes, blew the chance. The Raider defense played another tough game, and was impressed with them. They still need to work on their passing defense. The offense needs some work. They just never seemed that they could get it together. IMO, they seemed confused at most times and just out of rhythm. Not all is to blame on the players.....the coaches were dragging getting their plays in which was causing the offense to hurry, or in some cases not get the play off. They looked their best when they ran their old style offense. I say they need to use that more often.
I'd say just give it time, Sealy will be winning again. Good luck to them on the rest of the season.

zebrablue2
09-08-2007, 08:12 AM
impressive win cheermom. congrats to rice.

rancher
09-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Just got back from coffee this morning at Tony's in Sealy. In what I heard, Rice is the real deal in 2A and everyone at the round table opines they will make a strong run towards a state title. Opinion was unanimous that something is lacking in the Sealy program. It is the same progam as the previous years. I was shocked to hear from two Boster Club Members that the "Messiah" refuses to attend the Boster Club meetings. He has sent word that he does not want to explain himself or his decisions. Also understand that two school board members are also upset at this and the direction of the program. The war drums are now beating in Sealy, I hope that the "Messiah" does not turn out to be a false prophet. Everyone really now questioning as to why Cerney did not get the job.

carter08
09-08-2007, 11:10 AM
What the for crying out loud!

Stop calling him the flipping Messiah.

Or Jesus will smite you.

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by carter08
What the for crying out loud!

Stop calling him the flipping Messiah.

Or Jesus will smite you. I'm pretty sure God is the one who does the Smiting:D

messiah is really doing well over there huh?

PlayaJBiehl20
09-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Alright fill me in on the situation at Sealy, i guess they're new coach is the "messiah", why is he called that and who is he?

Crow22
09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
All the "Messiah" stuff needs to stop. I have known Jimmy a long time and he's a DANG GOOD FOOTBALL COACH that needs time to right the ship in Sealy. Things had gotten SO BAD there that its going to take time.

As for not explaining himself or his decisions.....I DON'T BLAME HIM AT ALL. He's the football coach and he needs to be able to do things HIS WAY or it will never get done.

Rancher....do you ever stop to think that maybe calling him the "Messiah" isn't the most proper thing to do? Its pretty immature.

Johnny Utah
09-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Well said Crow. I think the Rancher is a FAIR weather FAN. A program that has been down takes time to rebuild. That is the way it is. Seems to me some in Sealy need to let the coaches do their job which is to coach and build and the fans need to support. As a matter of fact, that needs to happen almost everywhere on Friday nights!!! LOL!!!!

scotty
09-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Many other changes were made within the Sealy school district in the past few years beside the coaching change and it's brought about division within the community. I'm sure that you can hear all sorts of opinions about the football team depending on who you may be talking to. I was at the game and being someone who has watched a lot of Tiger football I wasn't all that disappointed in spite of the score. Sealy showed a bit of fire and played hard throughout the game. Rice has the best QB ever and a lot of other people believe the same thing as he has committed to Miami. There was a lot of hard hitting in the game and in this one not only were the Tigers taking the hits, they were dishing them out as well. This BS that Rancher was putting out about Sealy going into district undefeated was just that...bs. The coaching change has been made, now give Mitchell time to develope his program.

scotty
09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
My previous post has Rice having the best QB ever, what I meant is the best Rice QB ever.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by scotty
This BS that Rancher was putting out about Sealy going into district undefeated was just that...bs. The coaching change has been made, now give Mitchell time to develope his program.

I agee, Sealy fans should just be patient and let this program delope. A lot of their misakes can be corrected and they will improve when then players get a better grasp of this system. Remember, they have played 2 very good football programs.

Crow22
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by scotty
My previous post has Rice having the best QB ever, what I meant is the best Rice QB ever.

I was about to say....lol...

Joe Montana? Johnny U?

j/k...

maestro
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
is sealy running a new offense??

a new defense???

a new coach should definitely be given the proper time to develop his style....

just asking cause some places like refugio and sweeny have almost immediate success from their coaching changes....

is it then the buy in from the players that takes time??

rancher
09-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Just remember the voters of the Sealy School District elect the school board members who decided who's in charge. The coach should be able to explain his decisions to the public as all coaches do, the public does not have to agree. But remember the taxpayers are paying the bills. He does not even attend the booster club. Never heard of a coach doing this before. Does that happen in other districts? I bet not. If you had seen any of the Sealy games, nothing has changed.

scotty
09-08-2007, 08:04 PM
New offense, new defense and many players who haven't played before on Friday night. The juniors and seniors in the program have had very little success in winning football games throughout their careers. And their last three opponents were: Giddings scrimmage; Bellville undefeated; Rice also 2-0. And next Friday they will face La Grange also undefeated. Pretty respectable opponents, wouldn't you agree?

scotty
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
It is my understanding that Mitchell missed the last two booster club meetings because there was bad weather with lightning in the Sealy area forcing a delay in their practice. As a result they practiced later and that is why Mitchell missed the meeting. That's the story I heard.

GOFOR2
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Just remember the voters of the Sealy School District elect the school board members who decided who's in charge. The coach should be able to explain his decisions to the public as all coaches do, the public does not have to agree. But remember the taxpayers are paying the bills. He does not even attend the booster club. Never heard of a coach doing this before. Does that happen in other districts? I bet not. If you had seen any of the Sealy games, nothing has changed.

Dont start your taxpayer garbage. You are the one throwing the punches. If you think you can do a better job you go get your degree and put your money where your mouth is. He is your AD now give him your support or keep your fair weather mouth shut. Jimmie is a hell of a football mind and an even better administrator. You have no idea who you are insulting. This man is great with kids and all you seem worried about is undressing this man on this forum. I doubt you would have the correct to call him out in person, especially if you knew what was good for you. You seem to know so much about what is going on with the program, why dont you talk for him at the booster meetings.

maestro
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
New offense, new defense and many players who haven't played before on Friday night. The juniors and seniors in the program have had very little success in winning football games

WELL THEN PATIENCE FOR THE NEW COACH WOULD BE A MAJOR REQUIREMENT..

i would think....

bobcat04
09-08-2007, 10:27 PM
This is a funny thread. I guess the former head coach forgot how to win. After all, he only has 4 state championship rings. Sometimes its not about coaching. These guys are not losing on purpose but sometimes the other team is just better. Relax, and the talent pool will swing your way again. And remember sometimes it is about the talent pool...

cropduster
09-09-2007, 12:03 AM
well said bobcat!

44INAROW
09-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I might be "just a girl and not know much about football" but I am pretty darn sure I understand why the coach might choose not to go to the meetings :doh: Mercy - I sure would hate to have a bunch of "good ole boys" show up at my job after 30 days on the job and grill me on why I did or didn't do this or that. Give the guy a chance for heaven's sake.

Raider Nurse
09-09-2007, 05:53 AM
I agree with cheermom in that I don't think Sealy played that bad of a game. No. 5 for sealy certainly was fast and I was impressed by him and he is only a sophomore! He's certainly an up and coming talented player. Raider defense was very good but the offense needs to work some kinks out. I saw some fire in the Tigers and I'm sure they will work it out in the future.;)

Raider Nurse
09-09-2007, 05:56 AM
By the way, I like your post, 44IN A ROW!!!!!!!!

Crow22
09-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by bobcat04
This is a funny thread. I guess the former head coach forgot how to win. After all, he only has 4 state championship rings. Sometimes its not about coaching. These guys are not losing on purpose but sometimes the other team is just better. Relax, and the talent pool will swing your way again. And remember sometimes it is about the talent pool...

Exactly!

Mark is a dang good coach, too. Like someone said..."Genetics can be difficult to overcome."

sinton66
09-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Perhaps "rancher" is actually this "Cerney" person he thinks so highly of??

scotty
09-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't know who Rancher is and the more of his posts I read, the more I don't care to find out. But I do know he isn't a Cerny (not Cerney) because they are all very fine people.

Pudlugger
09-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Well I think it is way too early in the season to be judging teams and coaches. Remember we are talking about 15-17 year old boys here. Coaching is like cooking, it takes a little time, effort and tlc to serve up a good meal. It is a good idea to keep your spoon out of the pot until its ready to be served.

That being said, the Leps will be going into their second game next week at home with the Tigers. Their suspended players will be back and should make the Leps a solid team. Sealy has faced two playoff level teams so far and should be eager for a win and fairly well seasoned this early in the year. Any predictions on the outcome? I have the Leps by 14 points, but this may be a homer thing as I missed their last game.

Hannibal
09-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Give Jimmy a break. You want him to answer for his decisions in public?? That isn't one of the requirements for coaching. I coached for the last 7 years and NEVER answered for my decisions. Jimmy won't either. He is a professional and was hired to do a job. LET HIM DO IT. He left Sinton because people thought they could tell him how to do his job.

You want to talk, get the degree. Then you will find out how hard the job truly is. Put YOUR job in the hands of hormonal and egotistical teenagers with parents (and fans) who think their kid is an All American, should get a D1 scholarship, and the team should win every game and see how YOU do.

Bull19
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Just got back from coffee this morning at Tony's in Sealy. In what I heard, Rice is the real deal in 2A and everyone at the round table opines they will make a strong run towards a state title. Opinion was unanimous that something is lacking in the Sealy program. It is the same progam as the previous years. I was shocked to hear from two Boster Club Members that the "Messiah" refuses to attend the Boster Club meetings. He has sent word that he does not want to explain himself or his decisions. Also understand that two school board members are also upset at this and the direction of the program. The war drums are now beating in Sealy, I hope that the "Messiah" does not turn out to be a false prophet. Everyone really now questioning as to why Cerney did not get the job.

:clap: :clap: thats hilarious

zebrablue2
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
Give Jimmy a break. You want him to answer for his decisions in public?? That isn't one of the requirements for coaching. I coached for the last 7 years and NEVER answered for my decisions. Jimmy won't either. He is a professional and was hired to do a job. LET HIM DO IT. He left Sinton because people thought they could tell him how to do his job.

You want to talk, get the degree. Then you will find out how hard the job truly is. Put YOUR job in the hands of hormonal and egotistical teenagers with parents (and fans) who think their kid is an All American, should get a D1 scholarship, and the team should win every game and see how YOU do.

I met jimmy at a scrimmage in hempstead. shook hands with the man and talked a short while. very nice man. getting there in the spring and turning this around right away ain't gonna happen. next year will be a little better, the playoffs, maybe. but two years down the road, we will see his results. coachs are sales people. takes a little time to put the plan into action.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
[i[/B] Knights of the round table:thinking: who gathers at this round table?Booster Club members:(

chugbug
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Jimmy Mitchell is a proven football coach. I think that he has Sealy going in the right direction. Those know-it-all, armchair quarterbacks are exactly where they ought to be. They are sitting in the stands and at the booster club meetings and not on the sidelines. They have all the answers. Just ask them. They will tell you. Good luck for the rest of the season Jimmy.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

pirate4state
09-10-2007, 10:23 AM
This constant picking at Mitchell and referring to him as the "Messiah" is gonna stop. If you feel the need to bash a coach, ANY coach, you will find yourself benched due to rule #3. :dispntd:

Enough is enough!