PDA

View Full Version : Refugio vs Hallettsville

44INAROW
09-07-2007, 11:46 PM
GSquared, Old Green and Gobbla were going to the Refugio vs Hallettsville game - looks like they got their money's worth

Refugio 35
Hallettsville 34

IHStangFan
09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
WOW! sounds like it was a good one! Way to go Refugio!

pirate4state
09-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I missed OG's phone call earlier. :mad: He left me a message and he said they watched a GOOD GAME!!!

Can't wait to read all about it. :)

zebrablue2
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
what a good game. those are fun to watch.

Footballhudini
09-08-2007, 12:03 AM
i can't believe the score was that close. I've been hearing so many good things about the bobcats this year that i expected a blowout. good job halls...

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Refugio is always fun to watch...way to go Bobcats!

CheerMom
09-08-2007, 12:14 AM
I, like everyone else, thought this game would be a blowout. Anxious to hear about, too.

Old Green
09-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Just got back from the Refugio- H-ville game. It was a barn burner . It reminded me of the Cuero-Wharton games not decided until the last few seconds.

There were 4 lead changes with Refugio scoring first and last.
Refugio went into halftime leading 21-14. Second half started the fireworks with H-ville scoring to make it 21-20. Hallettsville scored again to make it 28-21.Refugio scored again to make it 28-28.

4th qtr H-ville RB Brown bust loose with 92 yard run to make it 34-28. H-ville missed the extra point with about 7:00 left in the 4th qtr.

Recieved the kickoff and moved down the field to around the 4 yd. line. From there Refugio QB Whitmire took it in. This QB his big.He's about 6'2" ,225 lbs.. the score is now 35-34 Refugio.

With about 3:40 left Hallettsville passed it's way down to the Refugio 4 yd. line. I don't understand the H-ville coach attempting 3 straight passes when Refugio had trouble all night stopping RB Brown. Hallettsville attempted a FG with 34 seconds left and Refugio took over with 30 seconds left after blocking the FG.
Time expired.

Both these teams are huge and fast. District 28-2A better not overlook the Brahmas.They are good.

Gsquared and I enjoyed this game tremendously.

But I can't help but make an obervation.
The Gsquared jinx continues. We sat on the Hallettsville side:D
I should have my buddy to buy Gsquared some nachos to break the jinx.:p :D

Cameron Crazy
09-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a good one, thanks for sharing!

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Just got back from the Refugio- H-ville game. It was a barn burner . It reminded me of the Cuero-Wharton games not decided until the last few seconds.

Refugio went into halftime leading 21-14. Second half started the fireworks with H-ville scoring to make it 21-20. Hallettsville scored again to make it 28-21.Refugio scored again to make it 28-28.

4th qtr H-ville RB Brown bust loose with 92 yard run to make it 34-28. H-ville missed the extra point with about 7:00 left in the 4th qtr.

Recieved the kickoff and moved down the field to around the 4 yd. line. From there Refugio QB Whitmire took it in. This QB his big.He's about 6'2" ,225 lbs.. the score is now 35-34 Refugio.

With about 3:40 left Hallettsville passed it's way down to the Refugio 4 yd. line. I don't understand the H-ville coach attempting 3 straight passes when Refugio had trouble all night stopping RB Brown. Hallettsville attempted a FG with 34 seconds left and Refugio took over with 30 seconds left after blocking the FG.
Time expired.

Both these teams are huge and fast. District 28-2A better not overlook the Brahmas.They are good.

Thanks OG....you put our local newstations to shame!;) :D

Old Green
09-08-2007, 12:53 AM
It was a great.
For 2A schools they had a lot of speed and each team had about 15 players over 200 lbs. including rb and the QB's. Very big teams.

g$$
09-08-2007, 02:11 AM

Time expired.

Heck of a game & thanks for the wrap-up. Much appreciated.

IHStangFan
09-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks OG....you put our local newstations to shame!;) :D oh come on...Art Mack is a walking South Texas football almanac :D :rolleyes:

CheerMom
09-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Believe me, D-28 will not take the Brahmas lightly. They would have been a good team last year had they not had multiple injuries. I knew they would be a force this year. Wish they could have pulled the upset.
G2 is supposed to be coming to "The Swamp" next week. I'll be sure to have plenty of food for him. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
oh come on...Art Mack is a walking South Texas football almanac :D :rolleyes:
Too bad he doesn't work for them any more. :p

Old Green
09-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Believe me, D-28 will not take the Brahmas lightly. They would have been a good team last year had they not had multiple injuries. I knew they would be a force this year. Wish they could have pulled the upset.
G2 is supposed to be coming to "The Swamp" next week. I'll be sure to have plenty of food for him. ;) Have plenty of food for him Cheermom. Better yet. Send him to the other side.:D

Old Green
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
ttt for Gsquared:D

Gsquared
09-09-2007, 03:21 PM
ttt for Gsquared:D :eek: :doh: I brought some good luck with me down there

Old Green
09-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
:eek: :doh: I brought some good luck with me down there Ha!:D
At least it didn't rain;)

CheerMom
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
The way we started out against Sealy, I thought he was lurking around in our parking lot. lol.