PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley/Dripping Springs

gold_33
09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, where to start? hmmm, maybe getting beat 31-14. The offense looked absolutely horrible tonight and no one wants to step up and take a the leadership role and keep everyone motivated. We started getting beat and lost all emotion for the game. We keep giving up turnovers and making stupid mistakes that leaves our defense on the field almost the whole game besides going three and out. We have no big threat playmakers and the running game is non-existence sinve our line cant block a soul. I knew we were gonna have a down year but i figured we'd have something to look foward to but i just dont see any kids that have that spark about that could help the team down the line. Its gonna be a long year if we keep playing like tonight and 2-8 or 1-9 isnt out of the question if we dont improve and find some playmakers on offense and give the quarterback longer than 1/2 second to throw. It may take 2-3 years before we have the talent back like the previous 3 years, i dont know. We just need something to build off of and so far its just not there.

JDOG
09-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow!

hutex04
09-07-2007, 11:25 PM
wow indeed, hutto beat Dripping springs 36-14 last week. They looked like a good team tho, they passed very well against hutto last week. Good luck the rest of the season Wimberly

necks_c/09
09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
well, the one the one thing i do know is, DS is scheduling some stout non sistrict games....

and maybe they are much better than given credit for

gold_33
09-07-2007, 11:30 PM
They threw the ball very well tonight once they found out that we didn't have the speed to cover their guys, we were shutting their run down but once they started throwing it opened up the run. Plus giving them the ball inside the 30 a couple of time with a tired defense doesnt help any either, looked alot like last week.

bobcat74
09-07-2007, 11:31 PM
NE changes in coaching?

A team like Wimberley doesn't just fall off the map like that.
Fluke loss maybe or just poor coaching. True teamwork along with good coaching beats out talent any day.

BTW. I would still be surprised if Wimberley doesn't make playoffs.

44INAROW
09-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Hang in there Gold_33 - all we can do as fans is to continue to support the team and hope they get it together and learn something from the losses. As a die-hard fan, it is so hard to watch your team lose when you are accustomed to watching them win. :(

gold_33
09-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74
NE changes in coaching?

A team like Wimberley doesn't just fall off the map like that.
Fluke loss maybe or just poor coaching. True teamwork along with good coaching beats out talent any day.

BTW. I would still be surprised if Wimberley doesn't make playoffs.

Our OC went to Florence so it may have something to do with it but yeah we should make the playoffs cause being in a four team district we just have to beat one team and im pretty sure we'll beat Ingram.

gold_33
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Hang in there Gold_33 - all we can do as fans is to continue to support the team and hope they get it together and learn something from the losses. As a die-hard fan, it is so hard to watch your team lose when you are accustomed to watching them win. :(

Yeah i know but im just trying to look at it from a rebuilding standpoint and im just not seeing a foundation yet but its still early in the season and there is peaks and valleys to every football team and we had some major talent the past three years for a 3a program and i dont think anybody expected this sudden of a drop off but it happens and you just have to wait it out until the next right mixture of talent comes through to get you back on top which we have coming up its just gonna take some time.

JR2004
09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Well, where to start? hmmm, maybe getting beat 31-14. The offense looked absolutely horrible tonight and no one wants to step up and take a the leadership role and keep everyone motivated. We started getting beat and lost all emotion for the game. We keep giving up turnovers and making stupid mistakes that leaves our defense on the field almost the whole game besides going three and out. We have no big threat playmakers and the running game is non-existence sinve our line cant block a soul. I knew we were gonna have a down year but i figured we'd have something to look foward to but i just dont see any kids that have that spark about that could help the team down the line. Its gonna be a long year if we keep playing like tonight and 2-8 or 1-9 isnt out of the question if we dont improve and find some playmakers on offense and give the quarterback longer than 1/2 second to throw. It may take 2-3 years before we have the talent back like the previous 3 years, i dont know. We just need something to build off of and so far its just not there.

I feel your pain since Madison is going through some rebuilding right now too. Just keep supporting them through the good as well as the not so good. (I've told myself that more times than I can count after the first two games we've played thus far...lol)

pirate4state
09-08-2007, 12:15 AM

I feel ya....

TexanAlum_06
09-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah i know but im just trying to look at it from a rebuilding standpoint and im just not seeing a foundation yet but its still early in the season and there is peaks and valleys to every football team and we had some major talent the past three years for a 3a program and i dont think anybody expected this sudden of a drop off but it happens and you just have to wait it out until the next right mixture of talent comes through to get you back on top which we have coming up its just gonna take some time.

IDK what to say about this team, They just dont seem motivated at all, I mean they are young but I saw REGRESSION this week from last week. There is no leadership. I was talking to a few players last night and they just seemed to not even care about it. I just dont see the desire in these guys. Im not gonna get in too deep of what my true honest to god blunt feelings are about this team for the sake of some players and others that frequent this board But they better pull it together because as of now I see them going 0-6 or 1-5 heading into district. We "SHOULD" beat luling next week, but from what I have seen so far, I will take nothing for granted regarding this team.

3afan
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
just goes to show ya how quickly a team can fall ...

gold_33
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
IDK what to say about this team, They just dont seem motivated at all, I mean they are young but I saw REGRESSION this week from last week. There is no leadership. I was talking to a few players last night and they just seemed to not even care about it. I just dont see the desire in these guys. Im not gonna get in too deep of what my true honest to god blunt feelings are about this team for the sake of some players and others that frequent this board But they better pull it together because as of now I see them going 0-6 or 1-5 heading into district. We "SHOULD" beat luling next week, but from what I have seen so far, I will take nothing for granted regarding this team.

I think its time for the seniors that have been there the past two years to stand up and get the younger guys motivated and get that winning passion back in them. Thats the roles of seniors to lead the younger guys and keep there heads up when getting down but it seems as if the seniors are getting more down than the younger guys. Everyone knows you cant be great every year but losing is just as contagious as winning and if you dont truley believe you can win before you step out on that field than your already beat. The teams the past couple of years expected to win and thats what we need to get back for this team to grow.

LHPfactory
09-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Sounds like a tough situation. I hope LH doesnt self destruct a couple of seasons after winning a championship. How does Celina do it year in and year out? How do the BobCats get participation and passion every year? thats the question. I like to think our program will remain a power, but LH rose from the basement back in 2002, sucess is new to this program, I would love to keep it going. Sealy did it for a short while and is now a homecoming team, But Celina doesnt get satisfied or bored , just hungry for the next season and title shot. Oh tell us Bobcat 1, tell us the secret of the passion ?????? and success!!!!!!!!

gold_33
09-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Sounds like a tough situation. I hope LH doesnt self destruct a couple of seasons after winning a championship. How does Celina do it year in and year out? How do the BobCats get participation and passion every year? thats the question. I like to think our program will remain a power, but LH rose from the basement back in 2002, sucess is new to this program, I would love to keep it going. Sealy did it for a short while and is now a homecoming team, But Celina doesnt get satisfied or bored , just hungry for the next season and title shot. Oh tell us Bobcat 1, tell us the secret of the passion ?????? and success!!!!!!!!

I'd like to know the secret too!! I think teams like Celina, Cuero, etc... have been a power for so long that they draw in some talent and have families who've been apart of the winning tradition forever. Wimberley has only had a high school since 1986-87 so as far as the long standing winning tradition were still in the early phase i hope. Our v-ball program is already there but its harder to find the depth to make a great football team than a volleyball team, imo. Dont get me wrong here we're not gonna fall off the map we've got some stellar talent coming up and have the potenial to be as good as we have been in a few years from now. This years team still has the chance to find themselves, grow and learn from the first two games and move forward and gain experience through this gauntlet of a schedule coming up.

crabman
09-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh tell us Bobcat 1, tell us the secret of the passion ?????? and success!!!!!!!!

See the prior post on Booster Clubs. It is no secret that Celina and Cuero have the most active Booster Clubs. Winning comes from the community and expectations. It starts in first grade with football players going into the classrooms to read to the kids. It starts with youth football. It starts with high expectations from the community and everyone, and I mean everyone, patting the guys on the back and letting them know what is expected and that they are watching.

Cuero, like Celina, took 40 years to get to where we are.

buff4life
09-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory

It also helps when the population growth blows up and you get new kids and move ins huh?