PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 43 Hempstead 0, Final

HEMOTOXIC
09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Easily 5,000 (+) on hand as the Rattlers opened up their new stadium

zebrablue2
09-07-2007, 11:48 PM
congrats to the rattlers. good way to start at the new casa.

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:55 PM
How did the big junior RB/future recruit look for Navasota? I have heard he's a beast & rising up the recruiting rankings, both state & nationally.

navscanmaster
09-08-2007, 04:40 AM
I have been looking all over for stats. I heard someone say that the radio station said he had over 200 yards on 20 carries, 2 TD. I know that every time he touched the ball he ran north-south and was shaking off tackle after tackle. He really looked good this week, and he had a great line and extremely good lead blocking out of the backfield by little #6 at fullback. Only goofy thing he did was fumble the ball after a gain of 30 plus. Had he not fumbled on that one, he might have gone ahead and scored since the fumble was accidental and not caused.

navscanmaster
09-08-2007, 01:21 PM
OK, the Bryan College Station Eagle reports that Dexter Pratt had 251 yards on 20 carries with one touchdown. Also, I was pretty impressed with sophomore backup quarterback Kye Hildreth. I am pleased with starter Stokes and his good short-mid range passing ability. But if he struggles, this Hildreth kid will definitely be a good replacement. As for the defense, they held Hempstead to 154 yards. Most of those came on three plays anyhow. The defense is playing so much better this year. I think they showed that by holding Chris Whaley of Madisonville to only 133 yards last week.

Bull's-eye
09-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Way to strike Rattlers and congratulations on opening the new stadium with a victory. History was made!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

HEMOTOXIC
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
The defense is really playing great. I was surprised last week against Madisonville how well they played. Had the offense matched the defense last week, I thinkg that the Rattlers would be 2-0. Anyhow, I am pleased thus far with the effort of the team and coaches. The crowd on both sides were great and I was really shocked that the referee was wired so that we could hear him. Honestly, I think we could have easily scored 60 points on Hempstead minus the turnovers, mistakes, and pure respect for the other team.

UPanIN
09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
It was great to see the Rattlers win this one. The stadium was great and we even got a cooling rain in the first half. Navasota has been blessed with this new field although it's hard to let go of the Pit.

tortilla_man
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
i drove by there on my way home to bellville around 415 and there were people in the stands already

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2007, 10:30 PM
We had a pep rally to open the new stadium and then tailgaiting...It was really spectacular last Friday.

burnet44
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I wouldnt want to be at the traffic light there

HEMOTOXIC
09-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Traffic was a nightmare. TxDOT needs to get on the ball. I think that if the feeder was extended going northbound near McDonald's, Wrangler Steakhouse, etc., some of the traffic would clear up. Even with the NPD directing traffic, traffic was still horrible. Some other options to get to the stadium would be to enter from the backside of the school via the Austina Hills subdivision.

18handicap
09-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Just a curious question and I'm not trying to stir up anything, but I didn't see an elevator to the new press box at the new Rattler Stadium. If there isn't one, how did they get away with it? The stadium is very nice from SH 6 and the speed that it was built was awesome.

Bull19
09-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Traffic was a nightmare. TxDOT needs to get on the ball. I think that if the feeder was extended going northbound near McDonald's, Wrangler Steakhouse, etc., some of the traffic would clear up. Even with the NPD directing traffic, traffic was still horrible. Some other options to get to the stadium would be to enter from the backside of the school via the Austina Hills subdivision.

HOW WAS THE PARKING SITUATION FOR BOTH THE HOME AND VISITORS?

venomous tat2
09-11-2007, 09:08 AM
The elevator will be installed in about 2 to3 weeks , we have to be handi-cap accessible so it's coming soon.

UPanIN
09-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
HOW WAS THE PARKING SITUATION FOR BOTH THE HOME AND VISITORS?

I got there about 7:00 and the main parking was full already but I had no problem finding parking behind the school. Just had to walk a little. Keep in mind this was a very special night and more people were there than normal.

The stadium wasn't full so parking may be a concern for any play-off games Navasota has the privilege to host. But I think there will still be enough parking even with a play-off game.

The vistors side has less parking but I don't think construction is completeon that side yet.

Navasota is truly blessed and the people should be proud of what their tax dollars have given their kids.

What a great place to live!