09-07-2007, 10:49 PM
final

IHStangFan
09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
:eek:

necks_c/09
09-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
:eek: i know... b'port must be better than i gave them credit for....

necks_c/09
09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
i heard that sweent beat santa fe by quite a bit as well...

20 sumthin to 0

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Ouch...long year in Wharton??

tigerpride_08
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ouch...long year in Wharton??

yes it will be...didn't want my senior season to be like this...we have alot of problems right now...4 of our players got ejected tonight...poorly coached and we got stuck in the heat of the game...

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 12:02 AM
My al ma mater (ore hoe-ebur u spalls itt) is 2-0. Brazosport always starts off strong, just wait! I would like to see them with a good season, however, we used to win most of the early games, and beat good teams, but no resolve, no resolve no resolve........................................... ...........................

g$$
09-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
yes it will be...didn't want my senior season to be like this...we have alot of problems right now...4 of our players got ejected tonight...poorly coached and we got stuck in the heat of the game...

Hang in there, sounds like the wheels are coming off early. Lots of season to go.

4 ejections? Wow, where's the discipline?

tigerpride_08
09-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hang in there, sounds like the wheels are coming off early. Lots of season to go.

4 ejections? Wow, where's the discipline?

well 2 of the ejections were iffy...the first 2 got thrown out on a near fight which begin...their players ran across the field and only 1 got thrown out for them...i could of gotton thrown out but my coach threw me back...i dunno where's the discipline is at...as in for hanging in, we'll have to see...

g$$
09-08-2007, 12:11 AM
well 2 of the ejections were iffy...the first 2 got thrown out on a near fight which begin...their players ran across the field and only 1 got thrown out for them...i could of gotton thrown out but my coach threw me back...i dunno where's the discipline is at...as in for hanging in, we'll have to see...

It's your senior year, so think really hard before you make a mistake & do something you might regret. I'm not there or in your shoes, but you only live once. Friday nights are special.

Tough times reveal your true character. Hang in there.

tigerpride_08
09-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by g$$
It's your senior year, so think really hard before you make a mistake & do something you might regret. I'm not there or in your shoes, but you only live once. Friday nights are special.

Tough times reveal your true character. Hang in there.

i'm not really thinking about quitting but if speaking my mind causes trouble then what can i do? i already said something tonight so i'll just have to see what happens monday...

g$$
09-08-2007, 12:15 AM
i'm not really thinking about quitting but if speaking my mind causes trouble then what can i do? i already said something tonight so i'll just have to see what happens monday...

Being a leader & speaking up is probably what y'all need. 0-0 come district, & if Wharton has athletes as usual then who knows? Y'all lost a lot but I have to believe your team is better than that when the dust settles later in the season.

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 12:33 AM
WC went through a tough time in the 88 season. They were among the best in the state in 87, lost to WOS in the dome, The team morale was in shambles in 88. Stick it out and give it all you got, I did despite a 3-6 senior season at Brazosport (started off 2-0). We beat WC, lost to Bay City, El Campo, Lamar Consolidated, and Wharton in district play. That was 19 seasons ago, I am so glad I played and played with heart dispite the record, Some great memories I will always treasure. I took my young sons to the LH-Burnet game tonight, I miss it, man I miss it, I cant wait till they are out there. NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP..... PLAY AND PLAY WITH HEART, YOU WONT REGRET IT, IF YOU QUIT YOU WILL!

g$$
09-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
WC went through a tough time in the 88 season. They were among the best in the state in 87, lost to WOS in the dome, The team morale was in shambles in 88. Stick it out and give it all you got, I did despite a 3-6 senior season at Brazosport (started off 2-0). We beat WC, lost to Bay City, El Campo, Lamar Consolidated, and Wharton in district play. That was 19 seasons ago, I am so glad I played and played with heart dispite the record, Some great memories I will always treasure. I took my young sons to the LH-Burnet game tonight, I miss it, man I miss it, I cant wait till they are out there. NEVER GIVE UP....NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP..... PLAY AND PLAY WITH HEART, YOU WONT REGRET IT, IF YOU QUIT YOU WILL!

I played against that WC team you mentioned. Had some talent returning from '87 squad & the team just imploded after the first few games. All kinds of internal troubles.

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I played against that WC team you mentioned. Had some talent returning from '87 squad & the team just imploded after the first few games. All kinds of internal troubles.

Yeah G we missed playing yall that year because of the Hurricane, remember. I need to meet you at one of the games, Hopefully Panthers have about 6 playoff games again this year...;)

g$$
09-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Yeah G we missed playing yall that year because of the Hurricane, remember. I need to meet you at one of the games, Hopefully Panthers have about 6 playoff games again this year...;)

Oh yeah, remember it well from Sweeny days. Cancelled game & school then it did not rain a drop! Oh well, we got going late that year & lost in the State Semis (SLC won title). We had issues of our own for a while. But in the end, after starting year at #3, we ended up 7-6-1 & lost to Navasota in a driving rain. They beat us on 2 plays, we won every other stat except scoreboard. Weird season but lots of memories.

raider red 2000
09-08-2007, 11:52 AM

keep your head up.

sorry i pushed you down. :(

fireman1
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Tiger08 I know how intense it is when yall are down and the other team says something that makes yall go over the edge but remember the Tigers are representing Wharton on the field and I know that those players are your friends but you cant make the mistake to throw a punch and get ejected yourself... Coach that was a smart thing that you pushed him away and what I seen is that you really didnt try and push him down he was off balance... as for the season I kinda had a feeling last year when we played B'Port that they were going to give us a run this year just cause the fact that last year we had trouble against them although we beat them by 14 I think.. heck I said we are going to go 0-3 going into district because we play El Campo in 2 weeks.. then theres district. 24-3A is alot weaker this year and I think Wharton will finish atleast 3rd so that means that they will make the playoffs again this year but only time will tell so Tiger08 hold your head up and stick it out for the rest of the season since it is your senior year and the stories will be with you all the time and Coach R. Ive talked to alot of football players and they all say that you call good plays but another coach over rules you (Im not trying to start anything) but you are the offensive coordinator and you know the players better then that other coach and you know how they are if something is not working and yall keep on calling the same play they are going to give up on it and not run as hard (Im talkin in experience) listen to the players and they will let you know how they wanna play last week in Barbers Hill in the second half all the players said that it was much better then the first half and I think you know why and if not send me a message and I'll explain it out

maestro
09-08-2007, 07:52 PM
as i said in the sealy post...

new coaches need time......and the buy in from the seniors or letter winners from a previous year can speed that up.

reads like wharton needs the senior class to buy in to the new coach and play hard.

scrub c
09-08-2007, 10:11 PM
More info please, about the game that is... wharton turnovers, penalties, bport just better or what.

tigerpride_08
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
keep your head up.

sorry i pushed you down. :(

haha no biggy...that just shows how light i am:doh:...your still one of my favorite coaches :D

tigerpride_08
09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
More info please, about the game that is... wharton turnovers, penalties, bport just better or what.

at the beginning both sides fumbled alot...a long run and pass by B'Port made it 14-0 going into half...2nd half we lost composure with the ejections and all the talking of the B'Port players and we got caught up...i'm not sure, but don't the players ejected have to sit out the next game...:confused:

Tiger3
09-09-2007, 08:46 PM
i feel like the problem with this yrs football team is the trust in the coaching staff...i hear players talking about this and that about certain coaches and how they are not good...not doing your assignments is not always because of the coaches..its the players job to make sure they know what to do..make sure they take care of their jobs..ive seen dropped passes...missed tackles...missed blocks..and blown coverage...thats the knowledge of the game and having to study and do your part...you cant blame the coaches for everything...sure i disagreed sometimes but i stuck it out and did what i had to do..it doesnt matter if the players dont like some of the coaches...they still have to stick behind them and play how they want them to play and play hard...the players have to back up the coaches or this yr is going to be long and painful..

fireman1
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger3
i feel like the problem with this yrs football team is the trust in the coaching staff...i hear players talking about this and that about certain coaches and how they are not good...not doing your assignments is not always because of the coaches..its the players job to make sure they know what to do..make sure they take care of their jobs..ive seen dropped passes...missed tackles...missed blocks..and blown coverage...thats the knowledge of the game and having to study and do your part...you cant blame the coaches for everything...sure i disagreed sometimes but i stuck it out and did what i had to do..it doesnt matter if the players dont like some of the coaches...they still have to stick behind them and play how they want them to play and play hard...the players have to back up the coaches or this yr is going to be long and painful..

EXACTLY...

burnet44
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
players play
coaches coach
fans watch

those things never change
when a team, staff, community gets those mixed up?
you are doomed

I always played the game because I love it
do your job simple as that

and discipline?
self-discipline wins
its kinda like above
when a coach has to instill discipline
it aint the coach
its the town, parents, community
coach wasnt there for the first 16 years or so that these players were growing up thats when you GET discipline
of course we all know that dont happen in many places

Ive seen to too many times
Talent and undisciplined

coach always said this

"boys there are 2 things that win, toughness and talent"
" we can win some games with toughness and we can win some games with talent"
"but we can win ALL of out games if we have both"

the towns of this country are littered with talented people who have no discipline
there are a lot of talented people who dont play on Sunday

You can learn discipline you cant learn talent

best of luck to you
remember be part of the solutition not a part of the problem