PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Wins

Milk That Cow
09-07-2007, 10:22 PM
They beat Houston Kashmere 22-0, but they came out flat as it was 0-0 after one quarter...

Hopefully that will be the only time the Buffs come out flat...

By the way, it was kinda sad to see the lack of community/fan support that Kashmere has...

I know the school has had it's problems, but those kids deserve better...

44INAROW
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

By the way, it was kinda sad to see the lack of community/fan support that Kashmere has...

I know what you mean (not about Kashmere specifically but any team that doesn't have the support) those boys (and in some cases girls teams too) are out there doing the best the can with the ability they have and it is sad when they don't have the support of the town and in some cases, their own families.....

griff
09-07-2007, 11:00 PM

That's typical of schools within Houston and other big cities (with a few exceptions, of course). There isn't the level of community like there is in smaller towns. It's just a fact of social demographics. It also has to do with having too many entertainment options in the big city. The local football game isn't the only game in town like it is in Giddings and many other 3A school towns.

ILS1
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by griff
That's typical of schools within Houston and other big cities (with a few exceptions, of course). There isn't the level of community like there is in smaller towns. It's just a fact of social demographics. It also has to do with having too many entertainment options in the big city. The local football game isn't the only game in town like it is in Giddings and many other 3A school towns.

I know whatcha all mean. My nephew played for 1A Thrall. They played 4A Houston Furr in Thrall one year. Thrall's side was filled to the gills. And I kid you not, there was probably around 15 people in the Furr's stands!!! Not even the parents came to support!!! Very sad indeed!!!

:eek: :mad:

leecofans
09-07-2007, 11:21 PM
They beat Houston Kashmere 22-0, but they came out flat as it was 0-0 after one quarter...

Final was actually 42-0, but agreed in that the offense was very flat tonight. Let's hope we see the last of that... Defense looked tight, though.

The fan situation was terrible for Kashmere - great drum line and totally rockin color guard/dancin sistas or whatever they were... It really was a treat to watch them! Our actual discussion included that it was too bad that the team didn't have any fan support in the first quarter, because the plays their defense was making could have really benefited from some verbal celebration from the stands.

Saw some very good things from Giddings second string guys - lots of talent there - should be exciting to watch.

Milk That Cow
09-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by leecofans
Final was actually 42-0

Sorry, I hit the wrong keystroke...

zebrablue2
09-07-2007, 11:40 PM
that could possibly be a poor school district, hard to drive from houston to giddings with gas prices the way they are.anyone ever think of that? some may not even have a car. ever think of that? thank the lord for what you have.

Eagles52
09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Does anybody have any stats on how Brock did?

g$$
09-08-2007, 12:25 AM

Welcome to the world of inner city support for athletics. It is very sad but those kids get very little support. And for the most part every inner city school is just like that too. I live here & see it everytime I drive by a stadium not in the suburbs.

gtownfan
09-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Eagles52
Does anybody have any stats on how Brock did?

Austin paper says 18 carries for 103 yards. Team had 355 yards rushing. No Passing.

Kashmere pretty much keyed on him all night, starting the game with 10 guys in the box and one saftey.

The D held the Rams to -25 yards rushing. I think they completed 4 passes for 95 yards.

SWMustang
09-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
that could possibly be a poor school district, hard to drive from houston to giddings with gas prices the way they are.anyone ever think of that? some may not even have a car. ever think of that? thank the lord for what you have.

I drive by Scarborough high every day in to work. They all have pimped out Caddy's and Lincolns in the parking lot. With the price of weed right now, I'm sure they all have money for gas.

buff4life
09-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Austin paper says 18 carries for 103 yards. Team had 355 yards rushing. No Passing.

Kashmere pretty much keyed on him all night, starting the game with 10 guys in the box and one saftey.

The D held the Rams to -25 yards rushing. I think they completed 4 passes for 95 yards.

i think three rushing tds also...two were qb sneaks from 1 yard out