PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill wins 34-17!

Daddy D 11
09-07-2007, 10:08 PM
LH overcame horrible first half and out scores burnet 27-0 in second half for the win.

:D 2-0 :D

bevo
09-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Congrats on a close victory...

gobbler grad
09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
great job Panthers...:clap:

Daddy D 11
09-07-2007, 10:14 PM
hey we'll take it

starting TB went out early and replacement fumbles the first 2 times he touches the ball, resulting in 2 twenty yard TD drives for the bulldogs. toss that out and some early mental errors and there ya go!

btw, Ross Evans for burnet kicked a 53 yarder to end the second half :eek: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
09-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
hey we'll take it

starting TB went out early and replacement fumbles the first 2 times he touches the ball, resulting in 2 twenty yard TD drives for the bulldogs. toss that out and some early mental errors and there ya go!

btw, Ross Evans for burnet kicked a 53 yarder to end the second half :eek: :clap: :clap:
"Second half?"
lol
Well, that is a great comeback for the Panthers. Congrats on yalls awesome game.:clap:

Daddy D 11
09-07-2007, 10:20 PM
oops, hey its late :rolleyes:

Chris Hart
09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Congrats Panthers! Yes the turnovers are the only reason Burnet was leading at the half. Burnet is a very young inexperienced team, but were very oppurtunistic in the first half. Experience and muscle took over in the 2nd half and Liberty Hill dominated. Burnet has the potential to fight it out for the 3rd playoff spot in our district, but they will have to overachieve to do so. I was impressed with the Panther defense and of course their awesome OL. I'm afraid that the lack of a gamebreaker in the backfield may keep them from winning it all again. But, I could be wrong. They may win it all again this year, but if they do it will be because of their defense and OL, and they will do it 4, 5, 6 yds at a time in the playoffs. If they just had a speedster like Bode in the backfield again this year, they would be better than last year no doubt. I'll be there to root on the Panthers again this year in the playoffs and I hope they do win it again, it will just have to be and a cloud of dust this time.

Congrats Burnet on a hard fought game! By season's end we should be a worthy opponent....

LHMom
09-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow. That was like watching two different teams. First half LH was shooting themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers... Second half was almost flawless.

Congrats to the Panthers!

P.S. Nice comments, Chris. As always, thanks for the Bulldog support (except today, of course.)

LHPfactory
09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Talk about intangables not going for LH in the first half: 80 yards worth of penalties and 3 turnovers and the starting tail back going down. I was talking to a Burnet fan at half time in the huge line at the consession stand. I said was looking at the first half in a positive way, I said that it is an excellant chance to test the kids resolve........THEY PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!.....I knew they could and they did. Yes we miss Bode, he was at the game, I asked him if i could find an extra uniform would he be willing to suit up and sneak in, he was willing....hahaha, miss that speed. Great job line, your wore down the dawgs.

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2007, 12:21 AM
LOL @ your pre-game text, Chris. :D Sorry I didn't make it down to see you guys, but I was afraid I'd lose my seat. :eek:

That first half was just UGLY. :doh: :doh: And Burnet always seems to have a guy that can kick 'em from dang near anywhere - that was great! Someone needs to go clean all the Panther pieces of rear-end out of the locker room. ;) It worked - great second half.

Old Dog
09-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Congrats to all the LH folks. Even after the rough start your team shows the results of practice, practice, practice with loads of dicipline and resolve. Coach Vance has done a wonderful job there. Hope you go all the way again!

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Congratulations to the Panthers....

and LHPM, I hope they left enough of big boy's rear end for you to tear into at will;)

Congrats to you and LHPD!:D

kof96
09-08-2007, 08:10 AM
5-5

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by kof96
5-5
Care to list who the 5 we lose to are?

DaHop72
09-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Care to list who the 5 we lose to are? Gee Deb, isn't it discouraging to know after a 2-0 start that the Panthers will go 3-5 the rest of the way. :D :D

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Gee Deb, isn't it discouraging to know after a 2-0 start that the Panthers will go 3-5 the rest of the way. :D :D
Heck, I know! If any of those losses are road games (and obviously ONE playoff game) then maybe I'll just save some gas $$$ and listen on the net. :D

MANY kudos to our defense last night for allowing 139 TOTAL yards - 6 (yes...6) yards rushing. Also, shout out to our QB, Braden Fickel - 4 for 4 passes for 63 yards. :eek: :D

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Care to list who the 5 we lose to are? considering they are 2-0 that would mena that yall go 3-5 over the next 8 games....:thinking:

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Heck, I know! If any of those losses are road games (and obviously ONE playoff game) then maybe I'll just save some gas $$$ and listen on the net. :D

MANY kudos to our defense last night for allowing 139 TOTAL yards - 6 (yes...6) yards rushing. Also, shout out to our QB, Braden Fickel - 4 for 4 passes for 63 yards. :eek: :D uh oh... somebody call kof96.... lh completed 4 passes and he even managed to hand the ball off....

maybe the loss of that qb wont be quite as devastating as kof 96 makes it out to be......:rolleyes:

LHMom
09-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Vance & Walker have built a system. It's not a 2 or 3 year winning streak as a result of 1 or 2 "great players." We need each & every guy out there to perform to the best of their ability, but losing the QB (love ya' TP!) isn't going to make LH go 5-5. GEEZ. (that's for kof96, not you, necks!)

LHMom
09-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh - forgot to give my kudos to Dustin Gonzales. Mr G said he hyper-extended the knee. I don't know stats except that he had 3 TD's and several great runs, but Dustin came back to make a real difference in this game. Good job for the Panther O!

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Oh - forgot to give my kudos to Dustin Gonzales. Mr G said he hyper-extended the knee. I don't know stats except that he had 3 TD's and several great runs, but Dustin came back to make a real difference in this game. Good job for the Panther O!
11 carries, 141 yds :)

rundoe
09-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Over the years I have listened to many who have said that Liberty Hill is , too slow, doesn't pass, can't win the big one, etc. etc.

Most folks don't understand our coaching staff, fans, but most of all they don't understand the look in the eye of the Liberty Hill football player when he walks onto the field.
They have no idea how much work these boys put in year round to be where they are. They are champions.

Its a powerhouse football team, that can overcome adversity and play with the best in the state.

Most of all, it's team has who has heart, talent, and determination. They never quit. No matter what.

Talk your talk and keep watching.

I am proud to be from Liberty Hill and to have all the past and future memories that this team will bring to us and themselves. They have made us proud and deserve everything they have earned.

Please do not take this as a slam against any other team because that is not it's intention. It's simly my own personal recognition of a great bunch of kids that I was fortunate enough to watch grow up and am very proud of them and the future Panthers.

On To State

sinton66
09-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Care to list who the 5 we lose to are?

Caution, one shouldn't encourage mental midgets.

necks_c/09
09-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Caution, one shouldn't encourage mental midgets. haha.... mental midgets.... thats a good one:p

CueroDad2006
09-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
"Second half?"
lol
Well, that is a great comeback for the Panthers. Congrats on yalls awesome game.:clap:

Cant wait to come see yalls running game again,that is something to watch if you ant ever seen it,its worth the drive.
Just hope we can get a few stops and hope to keep up our scoring to keep it close.

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Vance & Walker have built a system. It's not a 2 or 3 year winning streak as a result of 1 or 2 "great players." We need each & every guy out there to perform to the best of their ability, but losing the QB (love ya' TP!) isn't going to make LH go 5-5. GEEZ. (that's for kof96, not you, necks!)

Thats why Im raising my boys in LH

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Over the years I have listened to many who have said that Liberty Hill is , too slow, doesn't pass, can't win the big one, etc. etc.

Most folks don't understand our coaching staff, fans, but most of all they don't understand the look in the eye of the Liberty Hill football player when he walks onto the field.
They have no idea how much work these boys put in year round to be where they are. They are champions.

Its a powerhouse football team, that can overcome adversity and play with the best in the state.

Most of all, it's team has who has heart, talent, and determination. They never quit. No matter what.

Talk your talk and keep watching.

I am proud to be from Liberty Hill and to have all the past and future memories that this team will bring to us and themselves. They have made us proud and deserve everything they have earned.

Please do not take this as a slam against any other team because that is not it's intention. It's simly my own personal recognition of a great bunch of kids that I was fortunate enough to watch grow up and am very proud of them and the future Panthers.

On To State

Exactly, My oldest son's pop warner team lost a tough one today, got a bad call and had trouble with special teams. Doug Allman's little brother is on his team so 44 was at the game. Doug is a good kid, he talked to my boy and encoruged him to keep working hard and to use the loss motivate him and said he knows how bad it feels. That means alot to these young kids who look up to the Varsity Panthers. We are a community building a program of tradition with good kids. Doug gets alot of attention but he is a true team player and a good young man.

BobcatBenny
09-08-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif :D

LHPfactory
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif http://www.drudgeforum.com/style_emoticons/default/barf.gif :D

Now that just aint right

kof96
09-09-2007, 08:28 AM
5-5

olddawggreen
09-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Just got back to my computer, Congratulations Panthers!