Midland Christian 13
Vernon 9

Halftime

Lion92
09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Midland Christian 16
Vernon 9

3:00 left in 3rd

Vernon just fumbled and turned it over inside the MC 4 yd line.

Lion92
09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Midland Christian 16
Vernon 16

End of 4th Qtr

Going to overtime

wildstangs
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Great finish...My wife and I walked over for the fourth quarter.

OVERTIME - MC scores on their first play. EP is good. Vernon comes out and scores on their third play. Holder bobbles the snap on the extra point, but picks it up and throws for a 2 point conversion. Awesome finish. I think the MC fans are still there with their mouths wide open.

Lion92
09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Good win for the Lions. That last play was amazing.

Lion92
09-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Next up for Vernon is Mineral Wells who lost 26-10 to Bridgeport.

TysonV
09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Good win for Vernon. Game showed a few areas needing work. Overall good effort by the Lions. Time to avenge last year's lost to Mineral Wells now!! Go Lions!

IHStangFan
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM
WOW...close call for the Lions! Good job!

mchavez
09-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Good jobs boys!! wish i could of been there to see that one!!

Cameron Crazy
09-08-2007, 12:35 AM
It's good to see Vernon winning.

lion75
09-08-2007, 02:08 AM
A strange game. Vernon kept shooting themselves in the foot as they seem to always do in the early part of the season. Major penalties, including a 69 yd td pass to Justin David called back. Fumbles, including one inside our own 5 giving them a td and one going in on their 4 yd line preventing a td. It seemed like they could not get a break all night long, and then finally they get a huge one at the end to win it. It was frustrating to watch but thrilling at the end. Vernon has a lot more speed than last year.

VERNONLION#1
09-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Vernon dominated the game from the start. The Lions kept hurting themselves with fumbles,penaties,missed 2 FG. I think this Vernon team if they can have a complete game with very few mistakes will be hard to beat. Nice win for the LIONS. Will post some stats as they become available.

lion75
09-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Whatever you do, don't get your statistics from the Times Record News (WF paper) Online. They completly butcher statistics. This week they show our stats for Midland and vice versa. On the scoring summary they show MC winning instead of Vernon.

VERNONLION#1
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lion75
Whatever you do, don't get your statistics from the Times Record News (WF paper) Online. They completly butcher statistics. This week they show our stats for Midland and vice versa. On the scoring summary they show MC winning instead of Vernon.

When my son gets home I will ask him to update me on the stats. By the way that is my son #54 the deep snapper. He felt bad even though we won. Maybe it was meant to be last night. There was lots of pressure with the game possibly on the line. Only 2 bad snaps. Hopefully get to where he has none.

lion75
09-08-2007, 03:47 PM
The stats in the timesrecordnews are close if you switch the teams. The radio said that "RayRay" Daniels had 9 carries for 170 yds.

BILLYFRED0000
09-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by lion75
A strange game. Vernon kept shooting themselves in the foot as they seem to always do in the early part of the season. Major penalties, including a 69 yd td pass to Justin David called back. Fumbles, including one inside our own 5 giving them a td and one going in on their 4 yd line preventing a td. It seemed like they could not get a break all night long, and then finally they get a huge one at the end to win it. It was frustrating to watch but thrilling at the end. Vernon has a lot more speed than last year.

I bet it was that. You guys should take MW next week. We scrimmaged Bport and they are just above average. You guys are usually better than that and MW is 3 yards and a cloud of dust in the veer. Don't think they have thrown more than 3 or 4 passes yet this year. I would not mind seeing ya'll again in the Semis if we get there this year. Good club. I am glad that Whiteside won't be there tho. What a load.

VERNONLION#1
09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Nice compliment. We don't have the size in the backfield like we did with Whiteside last year but I think we have more speed. I hate to think to far ahead but it would be nice to make another deep run in the playoffs. Who knows we may just meet again.

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I had to miss this game...too bad because it sounded like a great one to watch. Thanks to VL#1 for the game updates!

Last year Vernon rolls Altus to get whipped by MC. This year Vernon again rolls Altus and beats MC. I'm sure that this win means a lot to the Lions. It was an embarassing loss last year to this same club. So we get a W! Hope we can learn from this game. I like to see Vernon control the game clock with the run.

lion75
09-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Vernon is more athletic this year, but struggling with turnovers and penalties. They had a similar problem early last year. Hopefully they will turn it around again.