PDA

View Full Version : Colt McCoy's last 4 games...

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Last 4 games:

K-State L 42-45 (got injured early)
Texas A&M L 7-12 (injured late again)
Iowa W 26-24 (comeback win)
Ark State W 21-13 (2 tds, 2 INTs/2 others dropped)

Is his shoulder well? Bigger, stronger, & completely healthy according to UT releases. He has not been the same qb since the injury vs. K-State (29 TDs/7 INTs as redshirt freshman). Can Texas beat TCU with him playing so-so? I say NO, he will have to play lights out. Team game I fully realize, but he's the bellcow.

TBD Saturday night.

BMOC
09-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Most players start off slow after an injury....but that comeback was a very good Iowa Team. I think last week was just a slow start for him and the 'Horns......they will win.

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
Most players start off slow after an injury....but that comeback was a very good Iowa Team. I think last week was just a slow start for him and the 'Horns......they will win.

That Iowa team was 6-6 buddy (finished 6-7 after Alamo Bowl). That would not qualify as a "very good" team by anyone's standards. Mediocre at best Big 10 team last year (yes they had injuries, but so does everybody).

Texasfootball2
09-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Know the boy his hole life. He was also injury prone in High School and that was against 2A compitition. Something your just going to have to live with. Great competitor, but somewhat fragile.

Adidas410s
09-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Here's my prediction on this game:

#22 TCU (+9) @ #7 Texas - This is a tough one to predict. TCU has one of the best defenses in the country, lead by All-American Tommy Blake. If Blake plays (I won't get into that mess) then the Frogs have a great chance to pull off the upset in Austin. If he doesn't, it will give Colt McCoy a lot more time in the pocket and that's never a good thing, even for a defense as good as TCU's. On offense, the Horned Frogs don't pose too much of a threat...even with the Horns glaring holes in the secondary. TCU's best chance is to connect on 2 or 3 big passes and turn them into points. Don't know if the Frogs will win this one...but it's sure going to keep everybody in Austin on their toes until the buzzer goes off at the end. I'll say this one ends up in OT with Texas pulling out the W but not covering the spread. Take TCU and the points.

Texas 23
TCU 20

IHStangFan
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
This will be a great one I believe, but I just do not think Texas has all of their ducks in a row so far this year. I like TCU in this one.

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Know the boy his hole life. He was also injury prone in High School and that was against 2A compitition. Something your just going to have to live with. Great competitor, but somewhat fragile.

I'm not knocking him - seems like a great kid & family. I don't think he's well. I watched the replay & some of his throws just did not look like Colt of last year. He had nothing on the ball at times & often was short/indecisive with passes. He showed himself last year to be very accurate when healthy. I don' think he is right now based on his passing since the injury.

The test will come when he has to zip the ball into tight windows. Can he make a deep out or deep post throw, etc. If he can do that, then he is well. TBD

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Here's my prediction on this game:

Love your blog buddy, good stuff.

KTJ
09-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Last 4 games:

K-State L 42-45 (got injured early)
Texas A&M L 7-12 (injured late again)
Iowa W 26-24 (comeback win)
Ark State W 21-13 (2 tds, 2 INTs/2 others dropped)

Is his shoulder well? Bigger, stronger, & completely healthy according to UT releases. He has not been the same qb since the injury vs. K-State (29 TDs/7 INTs as redshirt freshman). Can Texas beat TCU with him playing so-so? I say NO, he will have to play lights out. Team game I fully realize, but he's the bellcow.

TBD Saturday night.

You sure do love starting posts about UT and it's "flaws" don't you?

Adidas410s
09-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Love your blog buddy, good stuff.

thanks...do you think I'm crazy on any of my picks???

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
You sure do love starting posts about UT and it's "flaws" don't you?

Hey - that is nothing more than facts. If that bothers you, so be it. I never said "flaws" or anything of the sort. Get thicker skin. I was looking at some betting lines & these #s came up. It's worth talking about if you love football.

If Colt's not well, then it may affect covering the 9 pt. spread. I personally don't think Texas will cover. But hey, let's just drink burnt orange kool-aid & pump sunshine ok?

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:46 AM
thanks...do you think I'm crazy on any of my picks???

Not at all, but I am going to take a longer look at all of them this afternoon. Very good & thorough stuff IMO. Like it a lot.

Check your PMs...

KTJ
09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey - that is nothing more than facts. If that bothers you, so be it. I never said "flaws" or anything of the sort. Get thicker skin. I was looking at some betting lines & these #s came up. It's worth talking about if you love football.

If Colt's not well, then it may affect covering the 9 pt. spread. I personally don't think Texas will cover. But hey, let's just drink burnt orange kool-aid & pump sunshine ok?

I agree it's fact but you seem to just factually focus on UT, based on this post and several others you've made recently.

No other program (in Texas for that matter) gets the scrutiny of your posts than UT does. If that's what you want to focus on then okay. Good for you.

g$$
09-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I agree it's fact but you seem to just factually focus on UT, based on this post and several others you've made recently.

No other program (in Texas for that matter) gets the scrutiny of your posts than UT does. If that's what you want to focus on then okay. Good for you.

Wrong, you're just defensive. This week alone I have posted ESPN calling out A&M, my feelings on Fran, Houston Chronicle on A&M, potential replacements if Fran fails this year, Wisconsin RB in trouble, etc. You just don't like it when it doesn't glorify Texas.

I like good conversation, maybe you don't. Colt's health is a huge issue & if he's not, then the back-up is an even bigger question mark (Chiles??). Nothing above was derogatory towards Texas - I simply asked if others think he's well & the past 4 games' results. Oh well. TCU will find out yay or nay Saturday.

Ranger Mom
09-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
But hey, let's just drink burnt orange kool-aid & pump sunshine ok?

That made me giggle!! I think I will go to lunch now!!:D :D

TMer25
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Well since Greg Davis is bound and determined to stay in the gun, I would love to see what Chiles can do out of it. I think Charles would benefit greatly from it just due to the increased running threat.

Adidas410s
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That made me giggle!! I think I will go to lunch now!!:D :D
touche

KTJ
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wrong, you're just defensive. This week alone I have posted ESPN calling out A&M, my feelings on Fran, Houston Chronicle on A&M, potential replacements if Fran fails this year, Wisconsin RB in trouble, etc. You just don't like it when it doesn't glorify Texas.

I like good conversation, maybe you don't. Colt's health is a huge issue & if he's not, then the back-up is an even bigger question mark (Chiles??). Nothing above was derogatory towards Texas - I simply asked if others think he's well & the past 4 games' results. Oh well. TCU will find out yay or nay Saturday.

LOL! I love good convo's about college football. It's just you and myself seem to rarely have them. :)

Defensive, huh? I've been a main voice in criticizing this team from last week and the last few games. I don't think that qualifies as someone who is defensive and drinking orange kool-aid. I don't need people to glorify Texas. I just need Texas to win championships. Congrats to you for posting those other topics about A&M. As I said before, I don't post on this board that often anymore so you know what, I may have missed them. I apologize for that.

Adidas410s
09-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I just need Texas to win championships.

Hmm...I don't even know how to respond to that...

KTJ
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM

How don't you know how to respond to that?

g$$
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM

Me either. I mean he waited 35 years (1970 to 2005) so good for him. Of course A&M has won one way back in 1939.

Texas is a great program & has many NCs in lots of sports. That statement just reeked of arrogance, IMO. But to each his own.

Adidas410s
09-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How don't you know how to respond to that?

The only words that come to mind are sad...pathetic...empty...needy...but nothing that forms a proportionate response.

g$$
09-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
LOL! I love good convo's about college football. It's just you and myself seem to rarely have them. :)

Defensive, huh? I've been a main voice in criticizing this team from last week and the last few games. I don't think that qualifies as someone who is defensive and drinking orange kool-aid. I don't need people to glorify Texas. I just need Texas to win championships. Congrats to you for posting those other topics about A&M. As I said before, I don't post on this board that often anymore so you know what, I may have missed them. I apologize for that.

Then let's have good convos more often. You seem like a bright fella. Be happy to kick it with you cordially on anything.

All I ask is if you're gonna call me out, do your research on what I have posted. I single out A&M all the time deservedly & others. Now, let's move on.

KTJ
09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
The only words that come to mind are sad...pathetic...empty...needy...but nothing that forms a proportionate response.

Wow. You seriously got that from that response?

That response was meant in a general form. Not a "I need it right now" form.

DDBooger
09-07-2007, 01:14 PM
what has A&M's record been in the last say 10 bowl games? what bowls were they? besides ut last year, and oklahoma what in 02 or 03 what has been their other big wins in the last decade or so? figured i'd turn this into a multi-dimensional convo :)

Old Tiger
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
just don't like it when it doesn't glorify Texas.

I like good conversation, maybe you don't. Take your conversations to a collegiate board. This is a 3a high school football message board.

DDBooger
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
what university from this state do yall see finishing on top of the polls? TCU, A&M, UT, Tech?

DDBooger
09-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Take your conversations to a collegiate board. This is a 3a high school football message board. lmao, you know he's gonna point out your sig's advertisement for a collegiate award

Phil C
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Texas A&M does have two national championships (1983 and 1987) in women's college softball.

Also two Texas teams have won two National Champions in Division 2 women's college softball with the two being St. Mary's of Texas in 2002 and Angelo State in 2004.

JasperDog94
09-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I just need Texas to win championships.
Originally posted by g$$
That statement just reeked of arrogance, IMO. But to each his own.

Maybe I missed something, but how in the world do you guys draw your conclusions?

JasperDog94
09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Back on topic...Greg Davis must not have a clue. I've never been one of these guys that says "the system is holding my QB down" but current system isn't designed for personnel that Texas currently has and I think that's part of Colt's problem.

big daddy russ
09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what university from this state do yall see finishing on top of the polls? TCU, A&M, UT, Tech?
I honestly think it depends on who wins this game. UT has a couple of games that are still up in the air (who knows if they'll beat OU?), but IMO Tech and A&M are both nine-win-type of teams.

If Texas wins on Saturday, I'll go with the 'Horns. If TCU wins and doesn't suffer another "SMU," I think the Frogs can reel off an undefeated season even though a road game at BYU and a home game against Utah still loom.

KTJ
09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I honestly think it depends on who wins this game. UT has a couple of games that are still up in the air (who knows if they'll beat OU?), but IMO Tech and A&M are both nine-win-type of teams.

If Texas wins on Saturday, I'll go with the 'Horns. If TCU wins and doesn't suffer another "SMU," I think the Frogs can reel off an undefeated season even though a road game at BYU and a home game against Utah still loom.

USF beating Auburn this weekend???

g$$
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what has A&M's record been in the last say 10 bowl games? what bowls were they? besides ut last year, and oklahoma what in 02 or 03 what has been their other big wins in the last decade or so? figured i'd turn this into a multi-dimensional convo :)

Not good enough, that's for sure. And no one knows it more than I do. Why do you think he's under fire?

Fran has worst 2 bowl losses in school history (Tennessee, Cal). He has been to 2 bowls in 4 years at the helm. 26-23 overall as of last week's game.

A&M won Big 12 over K-State in 1998, so that would qualify, then lost in BCS bowl to Ohio State. RC had some big wins, never had a losing season. Hope that helped off the top of my head.

big daddy russ
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
USF beating Auburn this weekend???
That's a big question. They're not your average multi-directional school for the blind.

Grothe's ability to do a little bit of everything under center is going to be a tough matchup for our D, and their front seven is about as good as anyone's, which should cause a huge matchup problem in the trenches. It's the same bad matchup that K-State exploited in their game against us.

That Moffitt kid they have at LB is good enough to play for anyone and it's critical that OT King Dunlap play one of the best games of his career against USF DE George Selvie.

I won't even go into how good those defensive backs are because I doubt Brandon Cox could pass on them anyways.

Now USF's game last week against IAA Elon was half-encouraging/half-scary. They couldn't put the Phoenix away to save their lives. USF was clinging to a 14-6 lead with less than four to play in the third, and they won 28-13. It's not exactly a dominating offensive performance, but Selvie came ready. He had a school-record four sacks and six TFL in the win. Oh, and that was just game one.

So I'm definitely worried about this game. Will our offensive line get any push and help our running backs at all this time around? Can Brandon Cox make them worry about more than just the run game? What are we going to do about Grothe's athleticism and their very-underrated wideouts (both of our safeties are underclassmen--one fish and one soph--and the secondary is the Achilles' heel of our defense.)?

We could've used a cupcake in our first two non-conference games, but I guess we'll get our first walk the next two weeks against Mississippi State and New Mexico State.

g$$
09-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Take your conversations to a collegiate board. This is a 3a high school football message board.

And who do you think you are? Pipe down buddy, we are talking football at all levels. Cordially too!

Nice sig...college football??

g$$
09-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Exactly, TCU/Texas will determine a lot. TCU might just run the table with a win (BYU scares me if I am a Frog). But here you go as of now IMO:

how they'll finish season:
TCU (all depends on Sat.)
A&M (brutal road takes them to OU, Neb, Mizzou, Miami, & Tech)
Texas (conceivable they lose 4 games: TCU, OU, Neb or KSt, A&M)
Tech (will beat some people but defense??)

Emerson1
09-07-2007, 05:35 PM
If TCU beats Texas I hope they do run the table and not choke to a team like SMU after beating OU in 05 like they usually do