PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Bulls vs Mineral Wells

Bull
09-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Who will win this game? :clap:

Cameron Crazy
09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
The way Bridgeport played against Breck, the bulls have this one on lockdown.

KTA
09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree, I watched B-port last week. I was very impressed with there QB and there WR...I think #8.

lion75
09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Mineral Wells hammered 4a Springtown. They might be pretty good.

BILLYFRED0000
09-06-2007, 11:24 PM
We scrimmaged Bport and they have some ability. It was the easier scrimmage of ours as the other with Argyle was a little tougher. All of our squads wone their scrimmages and according to those who attended, if a scrimmage could be won it was won in every way. If Mineral Wells played Springtown well it might be a long night for Bport. Since I have not seen them I don't have a pick. Bport is decent but not deep playoff material.

BILLYFRED0000
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
This just in.

Mineral wells is the proverbial 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Bport will win this one. Bport can play D well enough to stop the veer.
Mineral Wells special teams are deficient as well. I look for Bport to get to play the short field and they should win. Their D is able against a one dimensional opponent. They have some speed more the Mineral Wells it would appear so contain should not be a problem. Bport by 14.

injuredinmelee
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
This just in.

Mineral wells is the proverbial 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Bport will win this one. Bport can play D well enough to stop the veer.
Mineral Wells special teams are deficient as well. I look for Bport to get to play the short field and they should win. Their D is able against a one dimensional opponent. They have some speed more the Mineral Wells it would appear so contain should not be a problem. Bport by 14.

wow a whole post and you never mentioned Celina... I am impressed...

just kiddin. Im in a picking mood tonight.

slpybear the bullfan
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Last week the Bulls lit up a weak Breck Defense for 470 yards and a few less points than they should have had on the board. A few mistakes bit the Bulls... One ball was fumbled by the Bulls while crossing the goal line... 7 pts lost there. One pass was flat out dropped in the end zone...4 points lost there. Should have been 40 pts... not 36. I know, I know... what ifs... LOL!

Stats looked pretty good... The Bulls had 233 rushing 237 passing, 470 total yards, 26 first downs, (vs 160 yds offense and 8 first downs for Breck).

In summary, looked like they beat a team they should easily, but still have a lot to work on.

This week we will get a real test with 4A mineral wells who ran all over Springtown last week. I know nothing much about Springtown's D, but it looks like three running backs from MW had success against them.

Our D easily handled Breck... only two defensive TDs given up, one in the second half with mostly second string in. Now we need to see how we face a stiffer test in MW.

Check back for updates...

BILLYFRED0000
09-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow a whole post and you never mentioned Celina... I am impressed...

just kiddin. Im in a picking mood tonight.

I know what you mean. I have been picking Graham over clyde and did not mention the C word either. The times I do is because we have played one or both of the teams and I use my knowledge of our program as a measuring stick for the other. I think it helps other guys see where my picks come from and what strengths and weaknesses a particular team might have. I really like for people out there who may not be particularly knowledgeable to have some facts and fun when they go to a game. Knowing a little more about the opponent always gets me fired up. Specially if someone thinks we might not win.