PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wells

lion75
09-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Any info on them? I know they play Bridgeport this week then Vernon the next.

Lion92
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Still running the veer, the coach used to be at Graham. They are not as big as last year and not really as fast but they executed better and that is the key to that offense. They rolled over Springtown something like 30-7, I left at the half and it was 24-7. There defense looked OK but special teams was awful, they missed every extra point and kickoffs were very short. Offense was typical veer, run, run, run, and run. I think they threw 3 or 4 passes the entire game.

lion75
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Springtown must be down this year.

Lion92
09-06-2007, 05:26 PM
They looked pretty bad, defense could not stop Mineral Wells and the only reason MW did not score more was that veer offense. 3yd run, 3yd run, 2yd run, punt, repeat on the next possession. And Springtown's offense was not much better, they could not move the ball at all.

luvhoops34
09-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Ohhhh

that's KTA's favorite football coach!

David Bourquin....just for you KTA

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/ctalk56/The_man.jpg

KTA
09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I honestly hate that man with every cell in my body

bobcat1
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
David's alright , ain't he? I always liked visiting with him when in Graham.:thinking:

KTA
09-06-2007, 07:22 PM
If you like a guy who calls his kids pricks, and curses obsenitys left and right during practice and DEFFINATLY during games. If you want a coach who plays who the parents want played this is your guy. Graham has had ALOT of talent in the Bourquin era, but that doesnt pay his bills. Im soooo glad to see a guy like Brad McCoy here.

bobcat1
09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Didn't know all that. I wish I didn't know it now. Should have kept my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself. :(

luvhoops34
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Didn't know all that. I wish I didn't know it now. Should have kept my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself. :(

Don't ask KTA a question if you don't want to know how he really feels...:D

KTA
09-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Didn't know all that. I wish I didn't know it now. Should have kept my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself.

The sad thing is im not making this up, a couple of years ago he told the only black player on the team he couldnt spat up because "nobody is going to look any different then anybody else" but its funny there were a couple of white DB's that spated up. Ive never posted this before, but im going to now. On day (when I was still playing for Graham) we had just finished special teams. I was trotting down to where the ol/te's were meeting up, and Coach Bourquin was trotting down (he usually just walked down there) I said to him "ught oh coach, looks like your getting your hussle on" in a very positive voice. His response "ive been hustling before you were ever born you lil prick"....true story. Ive seen that man throw gatoraide coolers across a locker room and get it all over his players as he cursed away at halftime. Ive seen him physically intimidate players by calling them names like *vigina* 6 inches from there face (hes a big dude). I just dont see how he got away with all of this. It wasnt like that Miami NW video, but it wasnt too far behind!!!

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow! What do you say to that.

I hope the Bulls handle up MW and beat 'em. Sounds like it is possible...

Matthew328
09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I thouroughly enjoyed Everman beating MW 63-12 last year...

KTA
09-07-2007, 03:10 AM
I was very impressed with B-ports QB #10, and WR #8 when they beat break, that game shouldnt of been as close as it was. B-port was up on yards 250 something to Breck's 58 at half time, but was only up 4 points. 2nd half it was a completly different story, with Breck getting dominated.

slpybear the bullfan
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
QB # is Cameron Green... Very good pocket presence and has a great set of wheels on him. Great night against MW.

WR #8 is Kilpatrick... had another great night tonite as well... crazy YAC numbers.