28 Falcons
29 Dolphins
30 Buccaneers
31 Browns
32 Raiders

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm kinda surprised to see the Eagles and Jaguars above the Cowboys. Time will tell.

Macarthur
09-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Here's my take, for what it's worth

Originally posted by 3afan
goin' in, from FoxSports:

1 Colts
2 Patriots
3 Chargers
4 Saints
5 Ravens
6 Bears
7 Broncos
8 Seahawks
9 Bengals
10 Jaguars
11 Eagles
12 Cowboys

Don't have much of an argument for the top 5. I think the Broncos & Seahawks are a bit high. I think Philly is better than Seattle.

I think the boys are better than Jax and a toss up with Cinn.

13 Jets
14 Steelers
15 Panthers
16 49ers
17 Rams
18 Chiefs
19 Giants
20 Cardinals
21 Bills
22 Packers
23 Redskins
24 Lions
25 Texans
26 Titans
27 Vikings
28 Falcons
29 Dolphins
30 Buccaneers
31 Browns
32 Raiders

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Who cares...

Keith7
09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm kinda surprised to see the Eagles and Jaguars above the Cowboys. Time will tell.

the eagles are way better then the cowboys.. Remember the cowboys lost twice last year to the Eagles, one of the games was w/ out McNabb.. The eagles will win the NFC east again.. there is no surprise there

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
the eagles are way better then the cowboys.. Remember the cowboys lost twice last year to the Eagles, one of the games was w/ out McNabb.. The eagles will win the NFC east again.. there is no surprise there The Cowboys are much better this year. And I'm not convinced about McNabb this year.

We shall see...

Macarthur
09-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I do think right now the Eagles are better; not a lot, but better.

I think by the end of the year Dallas has a chance to be better because they, in general, are on the way up and the Eagles, in general, are regressing a bit.

Keith7
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The Cowboys are much better this year. And I'm not convinced about McNabb this year.

We shall see...

how are the cowboys better this year then last year?? They still don't have a line, they have a new coach and a new system to learn, they didn't add anybody significant in the offseason, area analyst are already calling their first round draft pick a bust, they are dinged up in the secondary.. the cowboys have many issues, I wouldn't rush to say that they are better this year

Macarthur
09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
how are the cowboys better this year then last year?? They still don't have a line, they have a new coach and a new system to learn, they didn't add anybody significant in the offseason, area analyst are already calling their first round draft pick a bust, they are dinged up in the secondary.. the cowboys have many issues, I wouldn't rush to say that they are better this year

Romo will be better in his 2nd year.

Their line is upgraded. L. Davis over is Rivera is a major upgrade.

Actually, I think the new coach/system will make them better.

They added Davis and didn't subtract, which is just as important as who you added.

I am in the Metroplex and listen to talk radio and watch local sports and I have not heard one person say Spencer is a bust. Where have you heard this?

The Cowboys have issues, but so does everyother team in the league. In todays NFL, no one has depth so a major injury with any of these teams and all bets are off.

Keith7
09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Romo will be better in his 2nd year.

You don't know this unless you have the ability to see the future.. but if he plays anything like he did at the end of the season, when teams started to figure out how he plays, then Romo will have a long year..

Their line is upgraded. L. Davis over is Rivera is a major upgrade.

Leonard Davis is overweight, and overrated.. thats why the Cardinals (the only team w/ a line worst then the cowboys) let him go

Actually, I think the new coach/system will make them better.

maybe half way through the season, but it will take a few game to adjust and be able to add new wrinkles to their schemes

I am in the Metroplex and listen to talk radio and watch local sports and I have not heard one person say Spencer is a bust. Where have you heard this?

try the ticket, espn radio, I have heard both of them talk about how Spencer looks like he has the same problem as Carpenter.. he can't stop the run... Another Bobby Carpenter is good for the special teams, but not for the defense

The Cowboys have issues, but so does everyother team in the league. In todays NFL, no one has depth so a major injury with any of these teams and all bets are off.

yes you are right about that.. The cowboys got really lucky last year interms of injuries, and still couldn't win a their first playoff game in 11 years..

Txbroadcaster
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
You don't know this unless you have the ability to see the future.. but if he plays anything like he did at the end of the season, when teams started to figure out how he plays, then Romo will have a long year..

Leonard Davis is overweight, and overrated.. thats why the Cardinals (the only team w/ a line worst then the cowboys) let him go

maybe half way through the season, but it will take a few game to adjust and be able to add new wrinkles to their schemes

try the ticket, espn radio, I have heard both of them talk about how Spencer looks like he has the same problem as Carpenter.. he can't stop the run... Another Bobby Carpenter is good for the special teams, but not for the defense

What team figured Romo out? In the last four games he had a good game..a bad game..a good game...Not sure that is being figured out..more like typical of a young QB finding the ability to be consistent

Never heard Davis is overweight..in fact everyone says he is very athletic..his problem at Arizona was not ability, or size, but motivation..It remains to be seen if that changes

How can a first round guy be a bust when a regular season game has yet to be played?..Oh and Carpenter once given a chance looked pretty good agianst the Hawks in the play-off game..in fact it can be said he was the best player that game for Dallas on defense

rangerjim
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Da bears - ranked too low at #6 - maybe 4. If they can get homefield for the NFC they will be back in the Superbowl. The Saints may end up with homefield. Philly will be tough if healthy. The boys? The verdict is still out. O-line will be the key. It all doesn't hinge on Romo (see my thought above on the bears - re: Grossman)

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 12:58 PM

yes you are right about that.. The cowboys got really lucky last year interms of injuries, and still couldn't win a their first playoff game in 11 years..

I still don't know why Romo is getting slammed for his "last five games". He whooped up on Atlanta in one of those games, beat the Giants in another, and led the team to what should have been a playoff victory had it not been for the bobbled snap. Even if you take his WORST games (New Orleans, Detroit) he played better than half of the QBs in the NFL. He's mediocre at WORST, which is better than what Dallas has had in a long time.

Especially with Bill Parcells saying this week that last December he was considering taking the Giants' front office job, I think that people should look more to October and November to what the Cowboys are capable of than December. If the coach isn't even into it, you can't blame the players for falling apart (which was mostly the defense and not the offense).

Leonard Davis had no other linemates in Arizona who could play, and he admitted that he got burned out there. Sometimes people need new beginnings...not saying that he's a Pro Bowler or anything, but he's definitely an upgrade over what was there last year.

Ken Hamlin was a huge addition to the secondary, and has allowed the defensive scheme to become much more aggressive now that Roy Williams won't have to play coverage as much, which burned the team last year.

With all that said, the Eagles are very scary, and have proven they can win without McNabb and without big time receivers.

I expect the teams to both go 11-5, splitting the contests between them, so the division will come down to some form of tiebreaker.

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 01:02 PM
also, Mike Vanderjagt is not kicking for this team. He single-handedly lost at least two games last year. So if Dallas is only AS good as they were last year, they should still have a better record than 9-7.

Macarthur
09-06-2007, 01:13 PM

I think it's safe to say that just about every player gets better as they get more experience, within the constraints of how good they can be if you follow what I am saying.

That "teams figured him out at the end of the year" arguement is ignorant. There were lots of variables involved in the late season fade.

As the other poster said, he actaully is not overweight. He's actually very athletic. I also think I remember reading that he told Arz that he was leaving so they made no attempt to re-sign him. I do think motivation was an issue; it seems that happens a lot in Arizona. Also, he was quite good there when he played guard. They insisted on playing him out of position at tackle. If camp is any indication of the season, Bigg will be dominate this year.

Maybe, but NY has a new DC also.

I listen to the ticket all the time and occationally espn radio. Spencer is struggling with the run. Guess what, all rookies at that position do! Ware struggled with the run his first season, too.