PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to.....

turbostud
09-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Conroe McCullough High School???? Is it now The Woodlands?

WOS87
09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
An entirely new high school campus was built and in 1996 the student body of Conroe McCullough moved in to the new The Woodlands High School and McCullough became a Junior High, and I believe it still is a junior high. They remained the Highlanders, all the staff moved along with the students and it drew from the exact same geographic area so it was essentially just a change of location and name only.

turbostud
09-05-2007, 10:01 PM
oh ok thanks.

Cameron Crazy
09-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
An entirely new high school campus was built and in 1996 the student body of Conroe McCullough moved in to the new The Woodlands High School and McCullough became a Junior High, and I believe it still is a junior high. They remained the Highlanders, and all the staff remained exactly the same as well... Interesting:thinking:

WOS87
09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
It looks like it's still a Junior High

McCullough Jr High Official Site (http://www.conroeisd.net/schools/53.asp)

sinton66
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
How many of you knew that The Woodlands is actually a part of Magnolia ISD?

pooch
09-05-2007, 10:19 PM
i didn't and still don't...

injuredinmelee
09-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
How many of you knew that The Woodlands is actually a part of Magnolia ISD?

you sure it isnt part of the Conroe ISD????

g$$
09-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
An entirely new high school campus was built and in 1996 the student body of Conroe McCullough moved in to the new The Woodlands High School and McCullough became a Junior High, and I believe it still is a junior high. They remained the Highlanders, all the staff moved along with the students and it drew from the exact same geographic area so it was essentially just a change of location and name only.

Very true & a new hs called College Park is now in operation in the Woodlands. Booming area north of Houston. Lots of $$ too.

(Remember Lance Blanks of basketball fame here in Texas? Played at Conroe McCullough & was the state's best player his senior year, went to Va & then transferred back home to UT.)

c-town_balla
09-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Im thinking The Woodlands has to be a part of Conroe ISD because they play at Conroe ISD stadium

ronwx5x
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Conroe McCullough High School???? Is it now The Woodlands?

McCullough became a Jr. High after The Woodlands High School opened. When the new College Park High opened 2 years ago, also in The Woodlands, McCullough became a middle school. Both High Schools now have 3 years of grades if not all four. The Woodlands High was just too large, almost 5000 students before College Park opened.