PDA

View Full Version : Everman 62 FW Diamond Hill 0

Matthew328
10-05-2002, 06:18 PM
I got called into work and missed my first Everman game since 99.....and it was homecoming..LOL Anyway how did the defense look?? I know some changes were made...can anyone from Everman fill me in on them?? I know Diamond Hill isn't the greatest of teams out there..but I am wondering how they looked..

evebulldog01
10-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Matt heres what I know from the game. On the offensive side of the ball for US. J.J. Had 5 carries for 133 yds. Theo Had 9 carries for 97 yds. Glen Burns had two tds and 55 yards in the 4th quarter. The defense had two major changes one is the safeties Johnathan is still back there but we got a new free safety #45 Jeremy Cook I believe but not sure on that one David Sanders is now on the second string with Holloway playing at the rover position. Offensive line had Bragg starting for Bradford but that was the only big change on the offense. As for Diamond-Hill they had us beat on a couple of pass plays coming out of the backfield but the kids dropped the ball. They really are a one man team with Tucker being it I would say the defense did a pretty good job of containg him. last week aginst Godley 18 carries for 350 yds. this week against us 34 carries for just over 100 yards. The D definetly looked better we were swarming to the ball and the DB's made some good tackels for the first time this season. The DE's Were able to contain for the most part any runs to the outside. In particurally Nick had a decent game he came down the line on several occasions and stopped Tucker in the back field for losses. Special teams were ok this week we had a muffed snap on an extra point and that was a busted play. Roberto missed another extra point as well. Johnathan had a couple of nice returns of punts. Overall we looked like a team that wanted to gain some respect back. I know it was very important that we get a shutout.

EvermanPlayer
10-05-2002, 08:20 PM
To correct you Holloway is a Defesive End and I think Jermey Cole started at Rover but I could be wrong since I'm on the sophmore team...

sinton66
10-05-2002, 08:54 PM
Sure looks like Everman has shaken last week off and gotten back to doing what they need to do. Good job!

FBmania
10-05-2002, 09:24 PM
Looks like EVERMAN gets a little salty after a loss. :) . WOW!

evebulldog01
10-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Your right but Holloway did play linebacker and Cole was at safety.