PDA

View Full Version : Select Softball Question

PPHSfan
06-15-2003, 03:08 PM
I can't remember what paper I was reading this weekend, but I read that a Girl's Fastpitch team from Quinlan had been voted Best in State. Does anyone know anything about this? I think it was a U14 team. I assume that means under 14. I also remember reading that the pitcher would be attending Quinlan Ford next year.

Rabbit'93
06-15-2003, 03:19 PM
PPHSfan I'm not sure if this is serious or just trying to take a jab at Old Card in some way...but I have a buddy who coaches in the same league as Quinlan so I'll ask him.

PPHSfan
06-15-2003, 03:22 PM
LOL,

No buddy this one is for real. I really did read that. But I can see how you might think I was poking fun at the Old Bird :D

Old Cardinal
06-15-2003, 04:18 PM
PPHS, Thusfar, I have never seen a "VOTE" on any Select team 14 & U; or any other age group. Those Select teams have no Polls at all and decide it- all on the field. If Quinlan is the best then they will have to PROVE it on the field of play in a National of State Tournament, coming up.. Usually the Nationals of the ASA, AFA, US Fastpitch Assoc. and several others are won by teams from California, TX/LA Gulf Coast and Florida. This is where the programs seem to be the strongest, from across the Nation, at this pointin time. I go to a lot of Tournaments across the State that have various Classifications of teams playing. I have never seen a team from the Quinlan Ford area survive to the top of the bracket play at any Tournament...I will be at a local tournament in Port Neches this coming weekend, which is just a preparation for the State Tournament in Denton, TX. We have a number of teams that have qualified by winning enough tournaments across the State and will be well represented from the SE Gulf Coast area at the 12 & U State Tournament in Denton and also have already qualified for the Nationals... PPHS, come out and learn to enjoy a new level of sport, it may get you mind off the fact that G.A. and the boys are now in a different level of football skill.

<small>[ June 15, 2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Chopblock
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Is there an 18U tournament in Beaumont this weekend?

<small>[ June 15, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Chopblock ]</small>

Old Cardinal
06-15-2003, 09:52 PM
No all games were rained out in the area and I don't know the status of the 18 & U for next weekend.