PDA

View Full Version : 2 serious questions for Texas fans...

g$$
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Seriously, just want to get a feel for 2 things:

1. When & if Mack retires (I realize he just got a new extension), who would you want as your next head coach? Todd Dodge, Major Applewhite, or someone else?

2. How much do you think the off-field troubles & suspensions have affected this year's team so far (Kindle, Melton, Jones, Pittman, etc. all out)? Injuries, distractions, etc. Any or none at all?

Thanks, let's hear it...

Old Tiger
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Seriously, just want to get a feel for 2 things:

1. When & if Mack retires (I realize he just got a new extension), who would you want as your next head coach? Todd Dodge, Major Applewhite, or someone else?

2. How much do you think the off-field troubles & suspensions have affected this year's team so far (Kindle, Melton, Jones, etc. all out)? Distractions, etc. Any or none at all?

Thanks, let's hear it...

1. Major Applewhite would be an obvious choice. Perhaps a different up and coming coach like someone from the Pete Carroll coaching tree. My dream coach for Texas would be Urban Meyer if Mack wasn't in charge.

2. I don't think all of the off-field suspensions have affected them much except Billy Pittman and Sergio Kindle. Billy is an important aspect of the offense and on defense you need someone like Kindle because of his athleticism and instinct. Plus he adds depth to the linebacker corps.