PDA

View Full Version : Kolache Festival in Caldwell this Saturday

wookinpanub
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Unless it rains, its usually packed. Czech it out!

Cameron Crazy
09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Kolaches are the best! My friends grandma makes the best.

Antec
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Great food and polka music

CHS_CG
09-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Even when it does rain its usually packed. My friends band(Texas country) is playing down by video plus at 5 pm (in the old market theather) and my best friends mother (who also watches taylor) her her mother will be selling quilts. If anybody who will be attending this great festival wants to see the quilts or listen to the band PM me and I will give ya my # and yall can give me a call.

There is also a car show down at davidson creek park. Hope to see yall there!

CenTexSports
09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
You did not mention the mst important part for some of the posters. There is also a four man scramble at the local country club.

wookinpanub
09-06-2007, 01:55 PM
The festival's getting unusually good press in major metro markets:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/features/5110967.html

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A534904

Ray_BearKat
09-06-2007, 01:57 PM
the kolache factory has some good stuff...:clap:

Old Green
09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Even when it does rain its usually packed. My friends band(Texas country) is playing down by video plus at 5 pm (in the old market theather) and my best friends mother (who also watches taylor) her her mother will be selling quilts. If anybody who will be attending this great festival wants to see the quilts or listen to the band PM me and I will give ya my # and yall can give me a call.

There is also a car show down at davidson creek park. Hope to see yall there! Texas Country, was that the band that was playing at the Longhorn that day I was in Caldwell ?

CHS_CG
09-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Texas Country, was that the band that was playing at the Longhorn that day I was in Caldwell ?

not the same the "texas country" i posted was me refering to what type of music they play. They are called Runnin' Ragged

87 TIGER
09-07-2007, 01:31 AM
not the same the "texas country" i posted was me refering to what type of music they play. They are called Runnin' Ragged did this band used to go by the name D T U ?

CHS_CG
09-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
did this band used to go by the name D T U ?

yeah how'd you know that?:confused:

buff4life
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
You did not mention the mst important part for some of the posters. There is also a four man scramble at the local country club.

wow..thats funny, i'm sure their course is better than ours but still funny

g$$
09-07-2007, 09:34 AM
That's a fun festival & great food.

Poll question: who has better kolaches - Caldwell/Snook or West (I-35 near Hillsboro)? Both towns have famous bakeries & I have been to both places, so it's a tough call.

Caldwell = State Legislature dubbed it "Kolache Capital"
West = "Home of the official kolache of the State Legislature"

I say tie! Both great.

Bull19
09-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
That's a fun festival & great food.

Poll question: who has better kolaches - Caldwell/Snook or West (I-35 near Hillsboro)? Both towns have famous bakeries & I have been to both places, so it's a tough call.

Caldwell = State Legislature dubbed it "Kolache Capital"
West = "Home of the official kolache of the State Legislature"

I say tie! Both great.

halletsville

g$$
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
halletsville

Really? Nice town & did not know that one. Better than Caldwell & West huh?

cdlvj
09-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Hruska's in Ellinger (between LG and Columbus)

87 TIGER
09-07-2007, 02:14 PM
yeah how'd you know that?:confused: they played at my place in Rockdale one nite. When you said "Texas Country" and being from Caldwell. There cant be that many bands from Caldwell. Anyway tell um I said hi, have fun at the festival & see ya at the game tonite.

g$$
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
Hruska's in Ellinger (between LG and Columbus)

Good place, been there many times on Hwy 71, but IMO not quite as good as others listed.