PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy trade

crzyjournalist03
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I just pulled the trigger on this deal in a Yahoo league...I was kind of surprised that he wanted to do it...what do you guys think?

I gave up Tom Brady and Ben Watson

I got Tony Romo and Antonio Gates

If Romo pans out like I believe he will, the QB numbers will be almost a wash, and there's no way that Watson is on Gates' level. Even if Romo turns out to be a mediocre QB in fantasy this year, I still feel like I'm getting the better end. Am I missing something here?

Highschoolfan78
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
It all depends on preference, but I think that is a good trade for you. Romo has a good WR core and can't be bad enough to make that a bad trade. Antonio Gates is without a doubt the best tight end, so i think that is a great trade for you. I hope I just didn't jinx Romo's season though

JasperDog94
09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Looks like you made a good trade.

Adidas410s
09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
It's definitely not a bad trade for you. Brady is a better QB in real life than in fantasy land. Also, the emergence of Maroney will likely result in increased carries...so fewer passes for Brady.

rhino1877
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Good trade. Gates will cover both of them. Watson is a meduim scoreer and so is Brady. Gates is a high scoring TE and Romo is a medium and could be good scorer.

CelinaCatFan
09-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Good trade (with the potential to be a great trade - depending on Romo's development).

As great as Gates has been, Norv Turner has spent a lot of time creating new plays to get Gates more involved in the offense. He should be even BETTER this year!

Watson will be even less valuable in NE with the additions of Moss, Stallworth, and Welker.

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
anyone have opinions on who to start?

Devery Henderson or Darrell Jackson?

I'm tempted to go with Henderson just because the Indy secondary is missing some key components and Jackson will face a good CB in Arizona, but Jackson is the more proven of the two.

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
anyone have opinions on who to start?

Devery Henderson or Darrell Jackson?

I'm tempted to go with Henderson just because the Indy secondary is missing some key components and Jackson will face a good CB in Arizona, but Jackson is the more proven of the two. Go with Jackson. He's proven, plus Arizona's defense isn't that stellar.

rhino1877
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Agree.

Keith7
09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
no offense but you got screwed.. Brady and Gates are proven stars of the league.. Romo has a good chance of being a fluke, and Watson.. who is watson!?

R4Editor
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
no offense but you got screwed.. Brady and Gates are proven stars of the league.. Romo has a good chance of being a fluke, and Watson.. who is watson!? Romo a fluke :D now thats funny stuff, who was the best 3rd down QB in NFL last year? Romo. He can handle the pressure of being a QB in NFL and he will prove it this year.

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
no offense but you got screwed.. Brady and Gates are proven stars of the league.. Romo has a good chance of being a fluke, and Watson.. who is watson!? I think you read it wrong. He GOT Gates and Romo and GAVE UP Brady and Watson.

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Romo a fluke :D now thats funny stuff, who was the best 3rd down QB in NFL last year? Romo. He can handle the pressure of being a QB in NFL and he will prove it this year. And don't forget that this year he comes in as the starter...not off the bench.

Keith7
09-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I think you read it wrong. He GOT Gates and Romo and GAVE UP Brady and Watson.

oops :doh: you're right.. that sounds like a pretty even trade then

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
oops :doh: you're right.. that sounds like a pretty even trade then

gee thanks...if I was on one side I got screwed, but when you realize I was on the other it's even....

:p

bulldogman06
09-06-2007, 02:43 PM
not a good trade. brady is ten times the qb romo is. no doubt, gates is great, but i dont think he has enough upside to make you trade brady. brady is a top 3 fantasy qb this year

Highschoolfan78
09-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
not a good trade. brady is ten times the qb romo is. no doubt, gates is great, but i dont think he has enough upside to make you trade brady. brady is a top 3 fantasy qb this year

IDK about that... Gates and Romo together should put up more fantasy numbers than Watson and Brady. I think QB's like Losman, Romo, Kitna(arguable), and Brees will put up numbers either equivalent or close to Brady's numbers. Maroney will get many more carries in his soph season.

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't doubt for one millisecond that Brady is a better NFL QB than Romo, but fantasy-wise, I think it's a lot closer. There's no way Ben Watson can come within sniffing distance of Gates, so I figured that having the sure-fire TE and a slight downgrade at QB was well worth it.

JasperDog94
09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
not a good trade. brady is ten times the qb romo is. no doubt, gates is great, but i dont think he has enough upside to make you trade brady. brady is a top 3 fantasy qb this year Don't confuse "fantasy QB" and "real life QB".

bulldogman06
09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
brees is the only one on that list thats going to be close to brady. and maroney will only open up the passing game

Highschoolfan78
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
brees is the only one on that list thats going to be close to brady. and maroney will only open up the passing game

Ehhh possibly... but Losman is a deep ball throwing machine with a good WR core. If kitna can stay away from INT's, he has just as good if not better receiving core with Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Mike Furrey. Real life Tom Brady is the man and he is very clutch. unfortunately that is not a category in fantasy football

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
There was a guy in a live draft I did a couple of weeks ago who took Tom Brady 4th overall in the draft...and he was convinced he had made a great pick. :doh:

Sweetwater Red
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
This is my Yahoo fantasy team. I had the 7th pick in a 10 team
league. I'm disappointed to say the least. The bad part is that
I'm in a company league. I work with the people that will be
trouncing me weekly.

1. (7) Rudi Johnson RB
2. (14) Travis Henry RB
3. (27) Cedric Benson RB
4. (34) Jon Kitna QB
5. (47) Tony Gonzalez TE
6. (54) Andre Johnson WR
7. (67) Thomas Jones RB
8. (74) Hines Ward WR
9. (87) Santana Moss WR
10. (94) Denver DEF
11. (107) Matt Hasselbeck QB
12. (114) Jason Hanson K
13. (127) Randy McMichael TE
14. (134) DeShaun Foster RB
15. (147) Mike Furrey WR

crzyjournalist03
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
This is my Yahoo fantasy team. I had the 7th pick in a 10 team
league. I'm disappointed to say the least. The bad part is that
I'm in a company league. I work with the people that will be
trouncing me weekly.

1. (7) Rudi Johnson RB
2. (14) Travis Henry RB
3. (27) Cedric Benson RB
4. (34) Jon Kitna QB
5. (47) Tony Gonzalez TE
6. (54) Andre Johnson WR
7. (67) Thomas Jones RB
8. (74) Hines Ward WR
9. (87) Santana Moss WR
10. (94) Denver DEF
11. (107) Matt Hasselbeck QB
12. (114) Jason Hanson K
13. (127) Randy McMichael TE
14. (134) DeShaun Foster RB
15. (147) Mike Furrey WR

Wow...nice steal of Jones in the 7th considering he's going to be the workhorse for the Jets this year...try trading one of your top three RBs for some upgrades at WR or QB, and you'll have an excellent team!

CelinaCatFan
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Guess who has the 2nd most fantasy points/game average for the last 30 years (comparing statistics for each rookie QB season and using standard scoring)?

That's right....Tony Romo (just behind Dan Marino at #1). Romo had better fantasy stats for his rookie season than anyone else (including Manning, Elway, Favre, etc.)

Romo is certainly no fluke!