PDA

View Full Version : Thank you HEB!

Phil C
09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
At least to one in Sinton but I bet it was typical of all the HEBs. A few weeks ago we had a water crisis in Corpus Christi due to possible water contamination in the Corpus Christi water so demand was high for bottled water. Also Hurricane Dean was threatening at the time which increased the demand. Now according to some folks supply and demand go together and when demand is high then prices go up especially when supply is not high.
Bottled water had a high demand and people were grabbing them off the selves fast. HEB helped with the problem and in a great display of compassion and good concerned citizenship they worked to get more bottled water and actually lowered the prices to help folks out. A good example of putting people and community first in times of crisis.
Some times companies take advantage of such things to really increase their prices and get high profits such as in the case with Hurricanes Katrina and Rita happened.

My apologies for not writing about this sooner.

Thank you HEB!

:) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

luvhoops34
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Phil, I too was impressed by HEB's massive effort to have bottled water for all it's patrons.

They had sold all the bottled water off the shelves at the Violet Road store and were bringing bottled water in by the case and stacking it back by the meat section. They even had employees back there to help you load it onto your shopping cart.

I went after work when it was busiest, and still got in and out of the store quickly.

I love HEB.:D

chaingang
09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
This is because its a TEXAS company!!:cool:

Phil C
09-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
This is because its a TEXAS company!!:cool:

:)

44INAROW
09-05-2007, 02:46 PM
HEB is very supportive of high school and college students (working around their school hours, scholarships and letting them work in college towns and home town during summer and holidays) HEB recently made a $100,000 donation (financial and "in kind") to the Chisholm Trail Museum in Cuero. That is HUGE for a small town like Cuero. During the horrible flood of 1998, they provided tremendous support to the community. The manager of the Cuero HEB is on the Chamber Board with me and he is very helpful and makes generous donations (HEB). He started working @ HEB as a "grocery bagger" in high school. HEB catches a lot of flack here in town since it is a "pantry store" and not the "superstore" and the only grocery store in Cuero. I hope in the near future they do expand and we have more variety, but all in all, they are a good partner in the community.