PDA

View Full Version : Question for Old Card

PPHSfan
04-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey Old Card, is it true that Prairieview was settled by cannibals? I read this somewhere and was wondering if it was just a Legend. I know that there were a few Native Tribes that did practice this "custom" and I was just thinking...if it is true....maybe you could use it to motivate your team :D .

Old Cardinal
04-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Praireview was the name of a coastal area of SE Texas of which Orangefield prior to 1915 and Bridge City prior to 1939 was previously called. Yes their were Karankawa Indians(susposedly human flesh eaters) all along the Coast in the 1700's and early 1800's...I don't think this historical info has anything to do with the fact that Orangefield's Bobcats or Bridge City's Cardinals could chew up and spit out that Pilot Point team of yours, next season!

big daddy russ
04-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Old Cardinal:
Praireview was the name of a coastal area of SE Texas of which Orangefield prior to 1915 and Bridge City prior to 1939 was previously called. Yes their were Karankawa Indians(susposedly human flesh eaters) all along the Coast in the 1700's and early 1800's...I don't think this historical info has anything to do with the fact that Orangefield's Bobcats or Bridge City's Cardinals could chew up and spit out that Pilot Point team of yours, next season!Hahaha... now that was funny, Old Card.

PPHSfan
04-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Sure would like you to get your AD to call ole' G.A. and schedule one of your preseason games with our "little school".

I remember one year a few years back when we were still a little bitty 2A team, there was this bunch from Forney (good friends by the way)that got tired of hearing about the mighty Bearcats...so they scheduled an "exibition" game here in PP. They showed up in buses...brought the whole dang town, and then a few hours later........they crawled back home, beaten and wounded badly. (especially pride)

I bet you can find someone from over Forney way that can remember that day :D :D :D ..if you can get them to admit it. Maybe I will see if I can find you a copy of the newspaper article. :p

<small>[ April 22, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Old Cardinal
04-22-2003, 07:23 PM
I think it might be better to just let Gainesville and some of the others bounce you around. It would save on gasolene for everyone....You are STILL living in the past aren't you!....I understand that Pilot Point is a subarb of Dripping Springs.....Years ago, I heard an Old Preacher say, he had started out in Sweetwater, moved to Dripping Springs and ended up in Sour Lake.

PPHSfan
04-22-2003, 08:00 PM
You really crack me up sometimes. :p

exbccards76'smom
04-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Old Cardinal:
I think it might be better to just let Gainesville and some of the others bounce you around. It would save on gasolene for everyone....You are STILL living in the past aren't you!....I understand that Pilot Point is a subarb of Dripping Springs.....Years ago, I heard an Old Preacher say, he had started out in Sweetwater, moved to Dripping Springs and ended up in Sour Lake.Old Cardinal,
I read this and it made me laugh!! What a good way to start the morning off. :D :D

Chief Woodman
04-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Decatur has a pre-season game scheduled against the mighty G.A. and his bearcats. It will be fun as PP has to travel to Decatur this year. Decatur showed up in PP lastyear, and left after scoring 7 TD's and only giving up 1 TD. That pre-season game included a "live" 2 quarter contest that ended Decatur 21-PP 0. This year maybe entirely different as our O line will need time to gel. Looking forward to meeting PPHS fan at this years event. Good luck to PP this year.

PPHSfan
04-24-2003, 10:59 AM
It should be fun. A Preseason game would be completly different than last years Scrimmage
game. Who knows, yall might win by nine touchdowns :p . Either way, it should be fun to watch.

Gobbla2001
04-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Speaking of Karankawa, I love about 20 miles from the Karankawa bay, since graduating in Cuero my parents moved me over to the coast around Port Lavaca... There's some historical posting there I believe, maybe can give some more info on those Injuns... Accually I'm sure ya'll care not, seeing how it was just used for an arguement, oh well... Have fun!

Chief Woodman
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
PPHSfan- Lets chat a few days before the contest. Would like to meet ya in person and buy ya a hot dog or burger at the game. If ya need directions to the stadium or anything else just let me know.

PPHSfan
04-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Chief Woodman:
PPHSfan- Lets chat a few days before the contest. Would like to meet ya in person and buy ya a hot dog or burger at the game. If ya need directions to the stadium or anything else just let me know.For Sure.