PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Blake's status for TCU vs. Texas...

g$$
09-04-2007, 01:41 AM
TCU defensive end Blake returns, but status remains uncertain
Associated Press

Updated: September 2, 2007, 9:45 PM ET

FORT WORTH, Texas -- TCU standout defensive end Tommy Blake returned to practice Sunday night after missing the No. 22 Horned Frogs' 27-0 season-opening victory over Baylor.

While Blake took part in the team's hour-long light workout, coach Gary Patterson said Blake's status for Saturday night's game at No. 4 Texas was still uncertain. The Horned Frogs have Monday off before getting back on the practice field Tuesday.

Doctors didn't clear Blake to play in the opener after he was away on a medical leave with an undisclosed illness last week, though he returned in time to go through Friday's walkthrough and it appeared he might play. The defensive end also missed five practices and a scrimmage in mid-August when he went home for personal reasons.

Patterson said Blake could play against Texas if doctors clear him and "if I think everything's OK. It's my job to judge and make sure it's in the best interest in the team and the best interest in him too.''

The two-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and top NFL prospect watched the Baylor game from a patio outside of Patterson's office above the end zone.

Even without Blake, the MWC leader with seven sacks and 16½ tackles for losses last season, the Frogs had their first season-opening shutout since 1971. They had four interceptions, three in the second half when Baylor had only 78 yards -- after 204 yards before halftime.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Phil C
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM
I hope UT gets to play but I also hope Tommy gets to play and have a good game because he has great potential to be a good one and possible play pro football.

AP Panther Fan
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I hope Tommy gets back on the field. I have blocked out next Saturday evening and am hoping it will be a good game.:cool:

pirate4state
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I hope Tommy gets back on the field. I have blocked out next Saturday evening and am hoping it will be a good game.:cool: Should I come over? :D An exercusion to AP just might be what I need!! :p

AP Panther Fan
09-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Should I come over? :D An exercusion to AP just might be what I need!! :p

Sounds like a good idea! We should definitely discuss it further as the week progresses....I buy the food, you cook it. :D

pirate4state
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Sounds like a good idea! We should definitely discuss it further as the week progresses....I buy the food, you cook it. :D LOL we'll see ;)

Phil C
09-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I remember we played Aransas Pass at Aransas Pass during Tommy's senior year and even though we won he was sure a great player. I think it was after our first td that made it 6 to 0 Tommy came in and blocked the extra point attempt and ran and picked up the ball and ran it back for two points. This was one spectacular play and that big young man sure could run.

big daddy russ
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I remember we played Aransas Pass at Aransas Pass during Tommy's senior year and even though we won he was sure a great player. I think it was after our first td that made it 6 to 0 Tommy came in and blocked the extra point attempt and ran and picked up the ball and ran it back for two points. This was one spectacular play and that big young man sure could run.
He rushed for 270 yards that game. The most rushing yards the Pirates allowed all season counting the playoffs.

g$$
09-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I hope UT gets to play but I also hope Tommy gets to play and have a good game because he has great potential to be a good one and possible play pro football.

By all accounts, Blake is a top draft pick right now. Explosive DE. I think he plays vs. Texas. Should be a good one.