PDA

View Full Version : Burnet's dream turns to NIGHTMARE!

Chris Hart
12-14-2002, 11:45 PM
Well the dream is over and the ending wasn't happy. The Burnet Bulldogs took the opening kickoff and drove the field and Stephen McGee hit Jordan Shipley in double coverage for the first points of the game. Burnet's defense holds, and Burnet begins to move the ball again, McGee hits Miller on a 3rd and long over the middle for a first down, but the Everman defender makes a huge hit and knocks the ball loose deep in Everman territory. The defender looked to be seriously hurt(I hope and pray that he will be OK) on the hit. After the long injury timeout, Burnet never found their groove again, and Everman appeared as a team with a purpose. They led 13-7 at the half. Burnet needed a defensive stand on Everman's opening posession of the 2nd half, but Everman marched it all the way down the field and in for the score, and converted the 2 pt. conversion( 5:00 drive). Burnet then drove down the field on their opening posession, by the running of Patrick Miller and made the score 21-14, but didn't take much time off the clock. From that point on it was pretty much all Everman, as it seemed the time consuming drives had worn out the Burnet defense. Everman scored 2 more TDs and won by a score of 35-14. McGee and Shipley being hobbled didn't help Burnet's cause any, but even healthy Everman would have won. Everman pressured and punished the non-mobile McGee time after time, as he never had adequate time to deliver the football. Everman's coaching staff had a masterful gameplan, and their kids executed it to perfection. Burnet tried too much trickery early on, instead of dancing with the boys that brung ya. Patrick Miller had a big night for Burnet running the football. Burnet's defense was in position time after time throughout the night, but failed to make the tackle(due to the great second efforts and pure determination, never quit trying backs of Everman). Everman's backs and their grit to never give up or go down without giving it their all was the biggest difference in the game. Congratulations to the Everman Bulldogs on their back to back state titles! You guys play harder than any team I've seen this year!

And to the Burnet Bulldogs, what can I say but WHAT A RIDE!!!!! We are extremely proud of you boys as players and young men. You showed class in victory and defeat. All I can say is hit the gym and work hard, and lets give it another run next year. Congratulation boys on a GREAT SEASON!! :)

BurnetDawg
12-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Well it's all over for the Burnet Bulldogs and all I have to say is WOW! These guys are amazing athletes and have NOTHING to be ashamed of. And from what we have heard about the Everman guy that got hurt...he crushed his vertbrea in his neck and isn't doing too good right now. He's a senior and his mother wasn't at the game. We will all keep him in our prayers (I would like to hope!) Congrats to Everman and GOOD JOB BURNET! We love yall and there's always next year.

20StephDawg05
12-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Yes congrats on your win Everman. This was an awesome game. To GREAT teams playing eachother...I can say this Everman-y'all were a tough team for our guys to play(from what i saw in the stands)and you deserve what you got. But I am still so proud of the Burnet Bulldogs. We had a perfect season, y'all were great, and still are!!! Next year starts off another season, another chance for glory, remember that. The lesson is in the struggle not the victory. You all are wonderful at this game and can do anything you set your mind to because I BELIEVE in you...all of you. But for right now, I think y'all should take a break and SLEEP! haha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everman team mates-I pray that your friend who had injured himself tonight, gets well again. I know there isnt anything i could do, but i just want y'all to know that i am praying for him.

therealbulldogs
12-15-2002, 01:11 AM
20StephDawg05:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everman team mates-I pray that your friend who had injured himself tonight, gets well again. I know there isnt anything i could do, but i just want y'all to know that i am praying for him.Praying for him is the best thing that you can do!

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 01:36 AM
You guys in Burnet had a wonderful dream. I joined it after my pirates were knocked out. You people have alot to be proud of! I know you gave it your all. Congratulations on a great season!!! :) :) :)

I hope the injured Everman player makes a full recovery! He will be in my family's prayers tonight...

Bulldog92
12-15-2002, 02:38 AM
Nice season, Burnet. You guys have a hell of a team and hopefully Jasper will cross paths with you again next year. Have a good offseason and work hard. We're gonna have to do the same thing...and it's gonna take a lot to even get to play you guys next year. We're losing 30+ guys and that's hard to recover from...

Old Cardinal
12-15-2002, 01:03 PM
To Chris: I am sorry that you folks lost; however, you had a phenomenal season and made some of us crusty ole folks eat a lot of crow.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Congrats To Everman on their back to back State titles.Great Season Burnet. Two champions walked off the field. Too all other playoff teams you too should be proud of your teams that is what everybody shoots for during early season workouts. Good luck to the remaining teams in D2.