PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Rolls on Daughtery's Arm

The One
09-06-2002, 10:34 PM
The Bulls absolutley demolished Mineral Wells 53-13. Daughtery disected the secondary for an unofficial 24-36-0 326yds and 6TDs. All of this in only 2 and half quarters. If you haven't seen this kid play you are truly missing out on seeing probably one of the best QB's to come out of this state!

eye of the tiger
09-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Kinda what I expected. Nice win tonight

Chris Hart
09-06-2002, 10:46 PM
That kid must be awesome.Another good win,I look for yall to go deep, deep in the playoffs.Maybe even upstage last year.Way to go!

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Wow, what a game. I know that Mineral Wells wasn't exactly a state ranked caliber team, but, Wow!

Phillip is one of those that comes along every so often and fits perfectly in a system. If anyone gets the chance to see him, it would probably be worth it.

Sign me off as... "Keeping the fingers crossed against injuries here in Bridgeport!"

Slpybear

PS, I see Commerce and Decatur both won. I know that means your team registered a W, Eye of the Tiger. What about you "One"? For some reason I thought you were from Decatur maybe? Is that close?

The One
09-07-2002, 09:43 AM
Slpybear,

Dont associate with the team from the other side of the Big Sandy. I went to Bport and a big fan. Though I am absolutley shocked at what they did to Pottsboro last night. Well only 6 more days and we will see what they can against the 10-1 of Pilot Point.

slpybear the bullfan
09-07-2002, 11:11 PM
"One", glad to put a name with a face...

Yeah, Decatur Bport could turn into an intersting game. Until then I too am looking forward to the vaunted 10-1 of Pilot Point. I am sure we won't hear a whole lot out of PPSTATEBOUND about it.... NOT!

See you at PPoint...

Slpybear

MFin
09-10-2002, 04:15 PM
I am really enjoying watching Daugherty play, this kid really seems to be the real deal. If there are no injuries and if Bridgeport beefs up the defense somehow, look out single season passing record (that is if he plays more than two quarters a game from now on) and state championship here we come. But defense is key and that's a big if. I've never seen a high school quarterback so collected under pressure. There have been times where if the ball was placed in a slightly different location it would have been incomplete, but his accuracy is astounding. Please, no injuries.

BullBacker
09-10-2002, 10:43 PM
I agree MFin, It is amazing to watch him compared to say a J. Allen from the 96' season. We thought he was so good back then, but PD is no comparison. His accuracy combined with his arm strength is astonishing. For the offense to be clicking like this, this early into it, Well its scary!
Pray for no injuries!

oldbuff78
09-11-2002, 03:55 PM
The young man is great!!!
He is a hot item for recruiting.