PDA

View Full Version : Anybody gonna watch TTU vs SMU at 3?

Gsquared
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM

marler1972
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I am

TexanAlum_06
09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
yeah im gonna tune in for a bit.

3afan
09-03-2007, 03:05 PM
yep

Bull's-eye
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Keep an eye on #17 WR Emmanuel Sanders for SMU , he's a former Bellville player.

Gsquared
09-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Keep an eye on #17 WR Emmanuel Sanders for SMU , he's a former Bellville player. Sho nuff is, I enjoyed seeing Emmanuel playing in HS once.

Funk-d-fied
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
why?

burnet44
09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
why?

Scout PPU for the a kicking they will put in the Corps
and maybe Texas

TexanAlum_06
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
SMU's runningback is a Bruiser! hes dishing out more hits on the defense then the defense is on him!

Cameron Crazy
09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
SMU's running back is trucking the tech defenders!

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
GO TECH!

Funk-d-fied
09-03-2007, 04:24 PM
HA!

Gsquared
09-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
HA!
HAHA

Old Tiger
09-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Keep an eye on #17 WR Emmanuel Sanders for SMU , he's a former Bellville player. I tackled him like 3 times and caught a TD on him. :D

Emerson1
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
This analyst guy is annoying

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I tackled him like 3 times and caught a TD on him. :D
Soooooo? :p

Bull19
09-03-2007, 05:31 PM

AND HE'S PLAYING COLLEGE BALL AND YOU ARE TRYING TO BRAG???:rolleyes:

burnet44
09-03-2007, 05:32 PM

then why are you not playing some where?
instead of plaing football on x box?

"WAM" Buggs Bunny

Gsquared
09-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
AND HE'S PLAYING COLLEGE BALL AND YOU ARE TRYING TO BRAG???:rolleyes:
Haha, if Id done that Id tell everybody too. :p Your my boy blue!

buff4life
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Keep an eye on #17 WR Emmanuel Sanders for SMU , he's a former Bellville player.

he got rocked on a punt return and then dropped a pass...a bad 3rd quarter for him

burnet44
09-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Haha, if Id done that Id tell everybody too. :p Your my boy blue!

G and Blue
Play Station Studs wow

Gsquared
09-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
G and Blue
Play Station Studs wow I dont own one but if I did id kick arse.

g$$
09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
SMU has major problems.

SMU vs. UNT would be a "good" game!

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
SMU has major problems.

Their punter seems to be pretty good. ;)

3afan
09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
SMU has major problems.

SMU vs. UNT would be a "good" game!

they play on Saturday @ SMU

g$$
09-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Their punter seems to be pretty good. ;)

Getting lots of reps too!

g$$
09-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they play on Saturday @ SMU

Thanks, thought so but had not looked it up. Who wins?

Probably SMU in a thriller!

burnet44
09-03-2007, 06:44 PM
PPU kills the Corps
and may beat Texas
wont beat Blow U

g$$
09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
PPU kills the Corps
and may beat Texas
wont beat Blow U

Who is PPU? Seriously, who is that & why? Tech maybe...?

Tech will score but holes on defense this year again. Every week against good teams will be a shoot-out. Can't ever win BIG like that.

SWMustang
09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Who is PPU? Seriously, who is that & why? Tech maybe...?

Tech will score but holes on defense this year again. Every week against good teams will be a shoot-out. Can't ever win BIG like that.

Panhandle Plains University? Am I right?

burnet44
09-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Panhandle Plains University? Am I right?

sounds good

3-8 the Corps vs PPU the last 8
but hey its a rivialy game now huh?

g$$
09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
sounds good

3-8 the Corps vs PPU the last 8
but hey its a rivialy game now huh?

Stats are right. I was in school at A&M (1994) the last time A&M won in Lubbock. No, not a rivalry game to US. Need to win though. Dirt Monkeys have been tough on us no doubt!

burnet44
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Stats are right. I was in school at A&M (1994) the last time A&M won in Lubbock. No, not a rivalry game to US. Need to win though. Dirt Monkeys have been tough on us no doubt!

look PPU has owned the Corps
and yes its a rivial game
Texas feels the same way about the Corps as you do about PPU

The Top New Rivalries in College Football

Steve Megargee of Rivals.com has been on a tear recently when it comes to college football rivalries. One of his latest columns looks at the top new rivalries in college football - the series that have become feature games without as much fanfare as your traditional Army-Navy matchups.

Top five:

1. Louisville vs. West Virginia This series has developed into one of the nation's most anticipated games so rapidly that it's hard to imagine these two teams weren't playing annually until 2005 - when they emerged as the elite programs in the revamped Big East.

2. Auburn vs. LSU...
3. Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech...
4. Florida vs. South Carolina...
5. Kansas State vs. Nebraska...

I think Megargee's breakdown of both Auburn/LSU and Texas Tech/Texas A&M are particularly accurate. All in all, it's a pretty good list.

burnet44
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech

This Big 12 South matchup is one of the more intense rivalries. Everyone knows the Aggies hate Texas, but their disdain for Texas Tech is just as intense. In some ways, it might be even more bitter. A&M seems to have a respect for the Longhorns, but just resentment for Tech. A couple of years ago, a paragraph in the A&M media guide (uncorrected version) referred to the Red Raiders as "classless clowns." The Red Raiders have equal contempt for the Aggies. After a 12-0 victory in 2001 in Lubbock – a game in which the Red Raiders were favored – Tech fans tore down the goal posts and shoved them into the A&M cheering section. Coach Mike Leach has even referred to Texas A&M "playing army," which was an obvious taunt at A&M's Corps of Cadets. Overall, A&M leads the all-time series 34-30-1, but the Red Raiders have an 8-3 advantage in Big 12 play. The Red Raiders have also won the last six meetings played in Lubbock.

you might wanna take them a little more seriously

g$$
09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
look PPU has owned the Corps
and yes its a rivial game
Texas feels the same way about the Corps as you do about PPU

The Top New Rivalries in College Football

Steve Megargee of Rivals.com has been on a tear recently when it comes to college football rivalries. One of his latest columns looks at the top new rivalries in college football - the series that have become feature games without as much fanfare as your traditional Army-Navy matchups.

Top five:

1. Louisville vs. West Virginia This series has developed into one of the nation's most anticipated games so rapidly that it's hard to imagine these two teams weren't playing annually until 2005 - when they emerged as the elite programs in the revamped Big East.

2. Auburn vs. LSU...
3. Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech...
4. Florida vs. South Carolina...
5. Kansas State vs. Nebraska...

I think Megargee's breakdown of both Auburn/LSU and Texas Tech/Texas A&M are particularly accurate. All in all, it's a pretty good list.

Good points, but I am here to tell you A&M will NEVER regard Tech as a rivalry game. It is a good Big 12 game against a school with no true rival. Give Tech credit, but not a rivalry game. You can't invent true rivals because that comes over time. That spot is reserved for Texas, period. Funny thing is, when A&M was beating Texas 10/11 games, Texas sure thought of it as such didn't they? Then Texas owned A&M for a while & OU owned them, so OU became Public Enemy #1. It is all cyclical & what is happening lately to newcomers. To old timers, it will never be that way. EVER...

g$$
09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech

This Big 12 South matchup is one of the more intense rivalries. Everyone knows the Aggies hate Texas, but their disdain for Texas Tech is just as intense. In some ways, it might be even more bitter. A&M seems to have a respect for the Longhorns, but just resentment for Tech. A couple of years ago, a paragraph in the A&M media guide (uncorrected version) referred to the Red Raiders as "classless clowns." The Red Raiders have equal contempt for the Aggies. After a 12-0 victory in 2001 in Lubbock – a game in which the Red Raiders were favored – Tech fans tore down the goal posts and shoved them into the A&M cheering section. Coach Mike Leach has even referred to Texas A&M "playing army," which was an obvious taunt at A&M's Corps of Cadets. Overall, A&M leads the all-time series 34-30-1, but the Red Raiders have an 8-3 advantage in Big 12 play. The Red Raiders have also won the last six meetings played in Lubbock.

To Tech it is their big game: they have a statue on campus with the rear of the horse facing directly at College Station. That says it all. Does A&M want to beat Tech? Of course, but not the same as Texas in the big picture. To me, I want to win them all.

burnet44
09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech

Overall, A&M leads the all-time series 34-30-1, but the Red Raiders have an 8-3 advantage in Big 12 play. The Red Raiders have also won the last six meetings played in Lubbock.

3-8 in the Big 12 vs PPU?
again you might need to take em more seriously
that way you dont have 2-4 losses BEFORE you play Texas

PPU
Blow U
Nebraska
and
Baylor once 35-34?

burnet44
09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
attention all

thread lock in progress

g$$
09-03-2007, 07:36 PM
3-8 in the Big 12 vs PPU?
again you might need to take em more seriously
that way you dont have 2-4 losses BEFORE you play Texas

PPU
Blow U
Nebraska
and
Baylor once 35-34?

Not disputing your facts - but you are not an Aggie either. Give Tech & Vince Gill credit over the past few years. Still not a rivalry game. I do take them seriously, but still not our chief rival. Need to beat them all IMO. That is how you get over the hump, not one game. Why do you think I say jury is still out on Fran? I'm not naive or stupid. But I know who our big rival is too!

burnet44
09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Texas takes PPU seriously after Blow U
here is texas' rivials

1. National Championship
2. Big 12 Championship
3. Blow U
4. PPU
4. the Corps

PPU and the Corps tie for 4th

RMAC
09-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
To Tech it is their big game: they have a statue on campus with the rear of the horse facing directly at College Station. That says it all. Does A&M want to beat Tech? Of course, but not the same as Texas in the big picture. To me, I want to win them all.
It faces Austin too! :p

g$$
09-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
It faces Austin too! :p

But it was constructed to directly face A&M. That is the story of course. Tech considers A&M their big rival. That is it in a nutshell. And lately, they have owned us to their credit.

g$$
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Texas takes PPU seriously after Blow U
here is texas' rivials

1. National Championship
2. Big 12 Championship
3. Blow U
4. PPU
4. the Corps

PPU and the Corps tie for 4th

In your opinion, which is fine but not accurate here. Tech has beaten Texas what once in the past 6-8 years...overall record? Your list & nicknames are flawed, but who cares? Play the games.

Check the A&M vs. Texas record over the past 30 years...almost dead even. Check Texas vs. Tech over same time frame...not even close. A&M owned Texas for a while, Texas owned A&M for a while, Tech has owned A&M for a while, OU owned Texas for a while, Texas has owned OU the past 2 years. It is all relative. A few years does not make a RIVAL...time does & passion/hate/respect must be their on both sides.

burnet44
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/BearMeat1845/BearMeat-1-1.jpg

raider red 2000
09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But it was constructed to directly face A&M. That is the story of course. Tech considers A&M their big rival. That is it in a nutshell. And lately, they have owned us to their credit.

we just say that....so that it dosnt have the horse's butt facing main street :)

burnet44
09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
This Is Just Wrong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IdWTJYrHQ)

thread lock in progress
delete if you need to ol mod gods

burnet44
09-03-2007, 09:03 PM
The Corps On Guitar Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSbCApA0GEU)

raider red 2000
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM

thread lock in progress

pretty good

JR2004
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM

thread lock in progress

LOL...I think I heard Bob and Dan play this clip on The Ticket last year. It's even more funny now seeing a video to go along with the guy singing it.