PDA

View Full Version : La Grange/Yoakum

LHS 2SONS
09-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Any word on Yoakum. I know they lost to Columbus, but with the La Grange/Lockhart game being cancelled, and with all of the question marks La Grange has, it will take La Grange several games to get settled in. The cancelled game really hurt La Grange.

Pudlugger
09-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Does the canceled game count against the two game suspensions or do they just move it up a week?

LHS 2SONS
09-02-2007, 08:53 PM
What I heard was, that since it was a scheduled game it counted as a game played

gobbler grad
09-02-2007, 09:20 PM
La Grange wil have no problem with Yoakum this week...Yoakum is in a rebuilding stage, but things will improve for them...Leopards by 3 td's...:thinking:

underware
09-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
La Grange wil have no problem with Yoakum this week...Yoakum is in a rebuilding stage, but things will improve for them...Leopards by 3 td's...:thinking:

Rebuilding is an understatement. I was in Columbus Friday night. Y-town dogs didn't look very good. Everything was in slow motion. The rest of the season will be interesting.

bobcat04
09-04-2007, 09:32 AM
I wonder is Yoakum that bad or Columbus improved?

IHStangFan
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
La Grange wil have no problem with Yoakum this week...Yoakum is in a rebuilding stage, but things will improve for them...Leopards by 3 td's...:thinking: Kinda what I was thinking.

briefcase
09-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Yoakum is that bad. Yoakum may not win a game this year.

underware
09-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by briefcase
Yoakum is that bad. Yoakum may not win a game this year.

I'm not going that far. Columbus is actually not bad. They have speed and some really big boys! I think Yoakum will get better as the season goes on.

bd62
09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Yoakum is starting 7 sophs and will probably call up several more in the next couple of weeeks.. . Columbus had 25 seniors. Columbus is very much improved over last year. Yoakum has a new coach that came in July with a new system with very few seniors. That usually means getting beat early untill the young guys can get some experience. Lagrange should win by at least 3 t.d.

hookandladder
09-04-2007, 11:33 AM
I see the Austin Statesman has La Grange ranked in Central Texas Area, I was at the game Friday night that was canceled. I watched pregame warmups and from what I saw who was on the field on offense I think LG is in for a long year. The defense will be OK however the offense looks to be very weak. I think the offense would be better if they would start the Henderson kid at QB and put the other QB as running back. LG will be lucky to finish 3rd in District, might end up at the bottom end of District. I am not trying to dog my team, just telling what I see. Hope I am wrong.