PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Game of the Week: Ingleside @ 4a Corpus Christi Miller

R4Editor
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
CC Miller is coming off a big win over CC Flour Bluff and now look to knock off state rank Ingleside. This should be a very good game.

My pick is Ingleside wins with a good passing game.

Discuss who wins and why.

3afan
09-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I picked Miller, gotta go for the 'dog

Fal44
09-02-2007, 12:07 PM
going with ingleside, don't know who the bucs have comming back...

luvhoops34
09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm going with Miller. They are 4A and beat a good FB team.

Ingleside Fan
09-02-2007, 01:29 PM
If Coach H gets his QBs and RB's rolling the Mustangs should win this one. The new QB Hull for Ingleside really did a great job running the spread or the power I (2nd half). Hopefully Hill the running back will be back? Both Miller and FB defense held the other to the low 100 yrds. They both did not throw the ball much because of the weather. Miller has a new Offense, they are not running the wishbone anymore.

I will pick the Mustangs in a close one.

big daddy russ
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Miller's always been one of those teams that worries me. They have as much or more football talent at that school than any other school in the CC area-- including Calallen and Refugio.

I remember talking to one of the old head coaches at Miller a few years back about a Division I prospect they had that year named Jeremy Breedlove. Helluva football player... played DE and TE for the Bucs and then TCU.

He basically told me (not in so many words) that there were no less than five kids better than Breedlove walking through the halls at that moment and that it was that way every year.

If Miller ever gets more kids involved with their football program, they'd be a tough draw for anyone in the state. If they could've done it when they were in 5A, they would've had an easy walk to the district title. The CC 5A district is one of the weakest in the state, but it's pretty tough for 4A ball. Now that they've dropped, they're in a much, much, much tougher district, but it seems like that may have been what they needed to awaken the beast.

As an Ingleside fan, I hope Miller's every bit as stout as I think they could be. I think it'll be good for the kids to go up against a strong opponent before district to prepare for the postseason. The goals in Ingleside have changed over the past five years. It's gone from just making the playoffs to making a run in the playoffs. I'll take whatever seasoning we can get to prepare us for a postseason run.

Anyways, I know the boys always take the first four or five games before they really start to gel and turn it on, so Miller could very well come in and take one from us. I don't know anything about them, so I'll hold off on saying it will or won't happen, but the team they're playing right now is world's away from the team that will take the field in week 8.

piratebg
09-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I want to pick Ingleside but my gut keeps telling me Miller. Should be a pretty good game. Where is the game going to be played at?

99IHSMustang
09-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I want to pick Ingleside but my gut keeps telling me Miller. Should be a pretty good game. Where is the game going to be played at?

It is at Buc Stadium

99IHSMustang
09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Miller's always been one of those teams that worries me. They have as much or more football talent at that school than any other school in the CC area-- including Calallen and Refugio.

I remember talking to one of the old head coaches at Miller a few years back about a Division I prospect they had that year named Jeremy Breedlove. Helluva football player... played DE and TE for the Bucs and then TCU.

He basically told me (not in so many words) that there were no less than five kids better than Breedlove walking through the halls at that moment and that it was that way every year.

If Miller ever gets more kids involved with their football program, they'd be a tough draw for anyone in the state. If they could've done it when they were in 5A, they would've had an easy walk to the district title. The CC 5A district is one of the weakest in the state, but it's pretty tough for 4A ball. Now that they've dropped, they're in a much, much, much tougher district, but it seems like that may have been what they needed to awaken the beast.

As an Ingleside fan, I hope Miller's every bit as stout as I think they could be. I think it'll be good for the kids to go up against a strong opponent before district to prepare for the postseason. The goals in Ingleside have changed over the past five years. It's gone from just making the playoffs to making a run in the playoffs. I'll take whatever seasoning we can get to prepare us for a postseason run.

Anyways, I know the boys always take the first four or five games before they really start to gel and turn it on, so Miller could very well come in and take one from us. I don't know anything about them, so I'll hold off on saying it will or won't happen, but the team they're playing right now is world's away from the team that will take the field in week 8.

I agree with you Russ. If Ingleside loses the game, but gets valuable experience because Miller ends up being that good, then that would be great. On the other hand if Miller is indeed really good and we defeat them, then I think we are on the right track to having a great run this season.

IHStangFan
09-03-2007, 12:22 AM
If Ingleside's O comes out firing on all cylinders Ingleside should win this one in a great game. A few things to take into account though, Ingleside's RB..will he or won't he be suited up on Fri. Who will be taking the snaps for IHS? Miller beat a FB team, but who did FB have returning? They seem to have returned the majority of their team, but their losses were VERY key cogs in the wheel...just as Ingleside losses were key. Did Miller beat a FB team that is down a bit from last year? We shall see come friday. I'm goin w/ the Mustangs by 10.

Blastoderm55
09-03-2007, 07:14 AM
It was a 7 - 6 game. Miller's D shone against a Bluff offense that was one dimensional. Weather permitting, the 'Stangs aerial assault should tear apart the Buc secondary. Just have to watch out for the two hosses they have on the line and their stud LB.

Ingleside by 14

BILLYFRED0000
09-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
It was a 7 - 6 game. Miller's D shone against a Bluff offense that was one dimensional. Weather permitting, the 'Stangs aerial assault should tear apart the Buc secondary. Just have to watch out for the two hosses they have on the line and their stud LB.

Ingleside by 14

One thing to watch tho is that the game was won in the trenches with strong D. Gotta have time to pass. If Miller's D can pressure then it ought to be a great game to watch.

piratebg
09-04-2007, 12:40 AM
If the weather stays the same and they play on a wet field, then I think this will seriously work toward Miller's advantage. Neither team put up much offense in the air or on the ground last week.

Ranger354
09-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Miller by 10.

After all us Bucs have to stay together..............

Maroon87
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't think Miller will be able to contain Ingleside the way they did FB.

'Stangs by 17.

sinton66
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

'Stangs by 17.

Could depend whether the weather cooperates or not. If it's wet, the passing game might not work too well. If it's dry, Ingleside has a definite advantage.

KingRob
09-06-2007, 05:36 AM
I think Miller will pull this out late in the 4th qtr.

Survey says:

Miller - 24
Ingleside - 21

IHStangFan
09-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

'Stangs by 17. agreed...FB is historically very one dimensional, Ingleside on the other hand is not.

gobbler grad
09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Ingleside by a touchdown...gotta go with the 3A team...:clap:

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Anyone heard if Hill (starting RB) is going to be playing tonight for Ingleside?

IHStangFan
09-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Anyone heard if Hill (starting RB) is going to be playing tonight for Ingleside? curious about that myself....where the heck is Fish'sMom??

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Ingleside by a touchdown...gotta go with the 3A team...:clap:

same here....hope it is a good game.:)

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
curious about that myself....where the heck is Fish'sMom??

Well if we don't here from anyone before 6:00 p.m. I will let you know IHS when I get to the game... :D

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 12:02 PM
You guys are playing on Saturday rather than tonight, correct?

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You guys are playing on Saturday rather than tonight, correct?

The game is tonight.... I think. I will double check.

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
The game is tonight.... I think. I will double check.

Here you go, from the Caller Times....

Ingleside at Miller
When: September 8, 2007 - 7 p.m.
Where: Buc Stadium

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Here you go, from the Caller Times....

Ingleside at Miller
When: September 8, 2007 - 7 p.m.
Where: Buc Stadium

Bummer... I thought it was tonight :(

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Bummer... I thought it was tonight :(

sorry :(

Be glad you found out now instead of 7:00 this evening, I guess. I did confirm it with one of the cheerleader's mom. Hopefully, you can make it tomorrow.;)

pirate4state
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
wow I didn't realize this game was on Saturday either. Cool - just might have to check it out. APPF - what time is the UT/TCU game?

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 02:12 PM
sorry :(

Be glad you found out now instead of 7:00 this evening, I guess. I did confirm it with one of the cheerleader's mom. Hopefully, you can make it tomorrow.;)

I should be able to make it. You going to go AP Panther Fan?

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wow I didn't realize this game was on Saturday either. Cool - just might have to check it out. APPF - what time is the UT/TCU game?

I am guessing it is going to be packed since it is going to be on Saturday and at Buc Stadium. I can't wait.... :)

pirate4state
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM

well crap, the UT/TCU game is at 6pm that night. decisions, decisions....

big daddy russ
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Do you have TiVo or a VCR???

Just make sure nobody ruins it for you before you get home. :D

pirate4state
09-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Do you have TiVo or a VCR???

Just make sure nobody ruins it for you before you get home. :D

I don't have TiVo/DVR, but I still have my trusty VCR. :) I was suppose to head over to Aranas Pass and drink some of AP's fun time drinks and watch a game - she said about me cooking, but I wasn't paying attention :p but I wouldn't mind going to a HS game (even if it is Ingleside :devil: ) since I probably won't get to watch most of ours tonight.

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 03:07 PM

I know, I know....:thinking:

The Caller Times is saying that Tommy will be playing. Can't find the article online, but it is on the bottom/front of the sports page today.

Are you going to come over and hang out with me? I think Mike is playing golf in Goliad, so it will just be us girls.

pirate4state
09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I know, I know....:thinking:

The Caller Times is saying that Tommy will be playing. Can't find the article online, but it is on the bottom/front of the sports page today.

Are you going to come over and hang out with me? I think Mike is playing golf in Goliad, so it will just be us girls.

Yeah, I had planned on it. :D I may bring over a nap sack just in case :p :D

AP Panther Fan
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I had planned on it. :D I may bring over a nap sack just in case :p :D

:thumbsup: pm headed your way.

SintonFan
09-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Go *ack ack* Mustangs!
I think Miller should be a 7 point underdog .

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Go *ack ack* Mustangs!
I think Miller should be a 7 point underdog .

Nice to see your still around SintonFan.

SintonFan
09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Nice to see your still around SintonFan.
Me too.:D
It's about time you showed up Izzy.:p

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Me too.:D
It's about time you showed up Izzy.:p

PM me your new number if you want updates from the game tomorrow foo!

SintonFan
09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
PM me your new number if you want updates from the game tomorrow foo!
Same no. as last year but I don't do that new fangled text shtuff. I can't even receive them.:nerd:

99IHSMustang
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Same no. as last year but I don't do that new fangled text shtuff. I can't even receive them.:nerd:

Get with the new technology you old man.....lol I will give you a call then.

Ingleside Fan
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Almost game time!! :)

R4Editor
09-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Almost game time!! :) Good luck 'stangs, i will be there but in Miller's side :doh:

pirate4state
09-08-2007, 07:53 PM
End of 1st

Mustangs 7
Bucs 0